Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Snyper
Alcohol is a "drug" they don't test for which causes more problems than weed.

If it's legal they shouldn't be testing for it anyway
It should always be the employers choice. That's the way America used to be until lieberals started ruining it.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Snyper is ill concerned about the employers choice.

He has zero problem with Charlotte mandating bathroom gender identity on private businesses. I see no reason why he would have a problem with mandating minimum acceptable BAC or THC levels as well.

Last edited by RWE; 05/18/16.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by BarryC
All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not a business owner in CO, WA, OR or CA and whatever other states have legalized pot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/18/b...ng-workers-who-can-pass-a-drug-test.html

In my experience in the O&G industry it mattered not where I was working, we always had pretty healthy failure rates, the worse being in Alberta.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sure wish it wasn't so difficult to get the Alaska State Troopers to acknowledge that their proxy arrests and jail-guarding by known frequent users of dope might not be in the best interests of the State.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Even back into the mid 90's I ran a business and did the hiring. It was a drug test company and I was right up front with people. I'd like to hire you. Can you pass a pizz test? If you need some time, let me know and I'll work with you. Understand that if you fail the test you will NEVER get a chance to work for this company.

Even with that understanding it was tough to find someone that was not in denial about their drug usage. It was tough to find someone who could pass the test. The risk companies face makes it not worth it if they have to be around any kind of machinery to hire someone who can't pass a pizz test. F**K them. Apparently they don't want a job bad enough.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Even tho I've had a rash of fellow forum members telling me that I am wrong and legalization has had ZERO effect on this town... that it was bad enough before legalization, for drug use...

Winco was opening a supermarket here in town... the problem they had in opening, is they couldn't find perspective employees that could pass the drug test....

They delayed their opening over 2 months, and I'm sure that cost them a few bucks... finally they did open, due to the fact to quit losing money with the store sitting idle, they started paying their employees in other parts of the state, LOT OF MONEY just to come here for 2 weeks and work... plus of course paid for meals and hotels also...

been open since Feb and they are still bringing in workers from other parts of the state...

liberalism has turned this country, into a nation full of idiots....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It got so bad here in the Permian Basin that when a guy showed up and wanted a truck driving job, I'd have him fill out the application and have him give me $50. If he passed the pee test I'd give him $75 back.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snyper
Alcohol is a "drug" they don't test for which causes more problems than weed.

If it's legal they shouldn't be testing for it anyway

Wrong again.

BTDT.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I will try to keep this short.I was the old guy that screamed at the idiots on commercial construction sites.Part of my job was to keep workers from getting hurt by being stupid.Construction sites are a busy place.I sure that at least 20% of workers are high on something.You see people making a lot of trips to their truck and see if they are getting a quick shot from a brown paper bag.They get one warning.I know they have kids that gotta eat.So do the kids of the other guy that might get hurt because of one person that needed a drink.Go into a port a let and it smells like pot.This list goes on and on.Keeping drugs including alcohol out of the work place is f@#%ing hard.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
The shop my Dad works in just laid off 60% of their force after they had a random drug test.

The worst part was they gave them a second chance, 6weeks suspension and come back and retest, pass and you have your job back. Morons came back and pissed hot again knowing they were going to be tested.

This all in an area of the country that isn't exactly overrun with good employment opportunities like the one they gave up.

I as a 29 year old father and husband just cannot fathom not being able to give up a habit to take care of my family.

IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Always love the idiot sitting in a JJon smelling chit, toking for 5 minutes, coming out all smiley F'faced, trying to enlighten me on how gifted they are on the jobsite.

Kent

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Problem is that most non-drug users who aren't idiots are gainfully employed and rewarded in such a way they aren't looking for entry level work.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Amazon can't keep people in their Fulfillment Centers, most can't pass the random drug testing. I've seen a helluva lot of turnover in my five years there.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I find it hard to accept that drug use is so widespread.

I just really want to retire and not have to deal with this crap anymore...

There is no way I'd ever fail, unless setup, and the place I"m dumb enough to still be at, I wouldn't put it past them...

Hard to fathom how far down this country has come.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
I find it hard to accept that drug use is so widespread.

I just really want to retire and not have to deal with this crap anymore...

There is no way I'd ever fail, unless setup, and the place I"m dumb enough to still be at, I wouldn't put it past them...

Hard to fathom how far down this country has come.

This.

All of it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It is my understanding that in Atlanta minor drug arrests in your past are acceptable for being able to apply for a police officer job.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
53% support of full legalization

49% of the population has smoked it at least once.

something like 30 million working age peeps have done so in the last month

wink

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
In the Wal-Mart, Durango, Co., a lady ahead of me in line was chewing ass on the ass't mgr for not having more registers open and the lines were long. He asked her if she'd seen the "Now Hiring" signs posted on all the doors and she said yes. He then told her to find him someone, anyone that could pass a drug test and he'd hire them, pronto.

Two weeks later the signs were still up and the lines were still long.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by UtahLefty

wink

I know of one that smoked it but said he didn't inhale any. True story.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
Originally Posted by UtahLefty

wink

according to the all knowing Wiki, there are about 100 million peeps between 20-45 YO , so 30% of them ave lit up in the past month (minimum - 30% copped to it)

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,096
Posts18,464,125
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.