Print Thread
Hop To
D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I was wondering if anyone here has hunted the Independence Ranch in Texas for hogs?

I was looking at taking my boys hunting but I cant find out much about this guy except all over you tube- but these are his videos ( ranch boss ) not a independent review.

So. Anyone???

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Haven't been there. But, hogs are plentiful in Texas and there are many choices of venues.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I don't know anything about them, looking at their website, looks like some well known scam BS.

1) No references
2) You can register for "free hunts" - bet you win!
3) They have a ministry
4) No information about ranch
5) Didn't see any names listed

There was an outfit that had websites like this that was in Gonzales county for a long time. It was basically a guy that had 100acres high fenced. He would run the free hog hunt ads on Texas Hunting Forum (and others). Everyone that registered for a free hunt won - then they encouraged their friends to come with them because a paid hunt was so cheap! Once on site, there were charges for everything, poor accomadations, "guides" were lacking. Meals were non existent.

They kept shutting down and re-opening under different names. Scammed quite a few church groups w/ their "ministry ". I would look into it VERY carefully before I spent any money or booked a trip.

David

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Call my brother if you want to go shoot a bunch of hogs -

hangemhighwhitetails.com

He's currently overrun with them -

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Well this guy is in Gonzalez and has a ministry

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Gonzalez is down the road a ways from me. There are hogs there. Wild ones. But its not the place I'd travel to RE the density issues.

IIRC years and years ago we had some folks travel to that area or a similar one... from NC or SC... they never saw a hog in a week... and thats the way it is in these areas..

You might do fine if you sit a spot ALL night for a few days...

but if its anything like guaranteed... its gotta be planted pigs.... look to either south texas or the hill country areas for numbers. There are likely other areas with high numbers that I"m not at all aware of. Gonzalez... not so much.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by DrDeath
Well this guy is in Gonzalez and has a ministry

Go post this in Texas Hunting Forum, see what they say. Register for a free hunt - if u win, you've got your answer.

What guide has to give away hunts on the internet to get business?

David

D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Yeah. I won!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by DrDeath
Yeah. I won!

Run!

Originally Posted by GregW
Call my brother if you want to go shoot a bunch of hogs -

hangemhighwhitetails.com

He's currently overrun with them -

I don't know Greg or his brother personally, but Greg has an excellent reputation on this forum - probably worth checking out

Regards,

David

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I don't know Greg, but Ive hunted predators with his brother-twice- and he's a for sure good dude.
I would recommend him.

There are a lot of scam artists in the Texas pig business, but he's not one of them....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The cool thing about my brothers ranches is that the red and spot gene is around. Makes for some really cool and unique colors other than the typical jet black...

He sends me pictures almost daily...grin...

My bro is a great dude and the best field shooter with a rifle I have ever seen.

Thanks ingwe.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
So I just saw this place for the first time today on youtube and I was sold, BUT THEN I SAW! In their hunter orientation video they have 666 burned into the wall next to some mounts. (At 5:57 if you want to skip ahead, next to the skull). They also have some Zodiac Killer symbols branded all over the walls.(For those of you old enough to know what I'm talking about. The rest of you just google it.)

D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Which you tube video ????

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Canazes9
I don't know anything about them, looking at their website, looks like some well known scam BS.

1) No references
2) You can register for "free hunts" - bet you win!
3) They have a ministry
4) No information about ranch
5) Didn't see any names listed

There was an outfit that had websites like this that was in Gonzales county for a long time. It was basically a guy that had 100acres high fenced. He would run the free hog hunt ads on Texas Hunting Forum (and others). Everyone that registered for a free hunt won - then they encouraged their friends to come with them because a paid hunt was so cheap! Once on site, there were charges for everything, poor accomadations, "guides" were lacking. Meals were non existent.

They kept shutting down and re-opening under different names. Scammed quite a few church groups w/ their "ministry ". I would look into it VERY carefully before I spent any money or booked a trip.

David

+1

Bit on one of those about 80 miles east of San Antonio, 200 high fenced acres, 35 people hunting on the hunt I was on, charges for everything, "guide", feed etc. "meals" were "hot sandwiches" from a truck stop 20 miles away because they had run out of propane. Oh and there were few hogs because the local ranches around the place had not been trapping them. In addition this "game ranch" had exotic species such as elk, various sheep, Axis deer, Blackbuck, buffalo and several very large longhorn steers. Accommodations were shabby and crowded.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Tons of pigs up around Burnet Texas.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 1minute, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,897 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,453,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.