Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Thanks Terry

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fück Poachers!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Animals are or can be smarter than most people give them credit for. And that's not "humanizing" them. I got stories.... And they feel loyalty, love, grief, joy, depression. They also figure out real quick where it is safe and where it is not for them to be.

Brings to mind a story my youngest brother tells from one of his college classes- probably psycology. The teacher asked the class to define the main difference between people and animals.

The "correct" answer was that people can reason, and animals can't. My brother (being a big mouth like myself) said," Wait a minute! I have a Golden Retriever that can reason better than half the people in this class". (That might have been true- Buford was amazing!)

Of course, that pissed off half the people in the class. The other half knew who Bob was referring to..... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
It didn't take, GFY again.

That's ok. You're from TX. I didn't expect you to get it without a few 'splainins

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 4ager
When someone like TLEE is being told to GFY and labeled a "retard" for posting a damned news article, the Campfire has sunk to a new low.

T's a better man, by a long shot, than most and has been here since the beginning; well respected, at that.

Well when you see who posted that GFY..... it should come as no surprise.... Schidt Azz Charlie prides himself in being a leftist Horse's ASS.

yeah, I read the entire thread... and I still stand by the above statement... strictly a troll and contributes nothing to this site.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mark Levin brought up this story on his radio show yesterday. He was very much anti-poacher and had sympathy for the elephants and rhinos who are being poached out of existence by Obongo's children.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Seafire
When someone like TLEE is being told to GFY and labeled a "retard" for posting a damned news article, the Campfire has sunk to a new low.

T's a better man, by a long shot, than most and has been here since the beginning; well respected, at that.

Well when you see who posted that GFY..... it should come as no surprise.... Schidt Azz Charlie prides himself in being a leftist Horse's ASS.

yeah, I read the entire thread... and I still stand by the above statement... strictly a troll and contributes nothing to this site.

I read SAC's reply differently, I saw it as a reply to Bellydeep, not to TLee.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Seafart, Bellydeep is having a hard time with his assignment maybe you can show him how it's done and then both of you can smoke a cig and STFU.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Seafire

I read SAC's reply differently, I saw it as a reply to Bellydeep, not to TLee.

Correct! I stand with TLEE and all his posts on critters.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Seafart, Bellydeep is having a hard time with his assignment maybe you can show him how it's done and then both of you can smoke a cig and STFU.

Thats a pretty good comeback. For a Texan, anyway.

I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B3

T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Why do I even bother anymore?

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by T LEE

You are either an optimist, or a masochist and it really doesn't matter which on these fora as the result is the same.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
There was a great article from National Review earlier this week on the ramifications of a society humanizing animals relating to the gorilla shooting.
The MSM saw the success of this after the Cecil the Lion incident.
Last week it was "Scarface the Grizzly Killed By Hunter" until surprise, the bear surfaces with its cubs.

Here was the article.

National Review Article.

I Hunt and I Fish, If I Need to Get Away. If You're Finding Fault With Me, Moaning More Than I Can Stand, I'll Tell You What...For a Little While I'll Go See the Outdoor Plan. -Hank III
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I agree!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

ROFLMAO when I read this with your avatar strolling away!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ransome_henshaw
There was a great article from National Review earlier this week on the ramifications of a society humanizing animals relating to the gorilla shooting.
Last week it was "Scarface the Grizzly Killed By Hunter" until surprise, the bear surfaces with its cubs.

Here was the article.

National Review Article.

The "Cecil" strategy is now #1 in their playbook

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

#1 Because of the ones that do appreciate your posts.

#2 Because your not the type to let a jackass push you around and win.

There's two reasons need anymore?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Here was the article.

National Review Article.

Good post Ransome. Unfortunately, we've been told for months by the cognoscenti here at 24hour that National Review is a RINO, Neo-Con loser of a rag (since they oppose Trump) and therefore we can't trust a thing they write. crazy Sorry. blush Nice try though. grin FWIW, I like NR too. Lots of good, conservative analysis there. Unfortunately, conservatives aren't welcome here by a high percentage of the folks on this forum.

Last edited by RobJordan; 06/04/16.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Unfortunately, conservatives aren't welcome here by a high percentage of the folks on this forum.

Yeah, some of us become "unwelcoming" when *your* version of a conservative includes Mitt Romney.

Apologies........

Last edited by NH K9; 06/04/16.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by RobJordan

Here was the article.

National Review Article.

Good post Ransome. Unfortunately, we've been told for months by the cognoscenti here at 24hour that National Review is a RINO, Neo-Con loser of a rag (since they oppose Trump) and therefore we can't trust a thing they write. crazy Sorry. blush Nice try though. grin FWIW, I like NR too. Lots of good, conservative analysis there. Unfortunately, conservatives aren't welcome here by a high percentage of the folks on this forum.

Thanks. NR does have some good pointed analysis as leaders of the #NeverTrump crowd though don't agree 100%...Between bad and worse I'll take bad given the number of SCOTUS vacancies. Their editor Rich Lowry did however have this insulting bit of presumptious piety regarding hunters and hunting"

"The question is what should the Cincinnati Zoo have done when forced to choose between the welfare of a prodigious animal and a small human?

This wasn't a case of a hunter who went out of his way at great expense and trouble to shoot a lion or some other glorious creature for the triumphant photo with the carcass and the trophy on the wall back home. This wasn't a poacher who killed for tawdry profit.

This wasn't a fly-by-night roadside attraction abusing the poor creatures in its clutches.

This was a serious, responsible institution confronted with a life-and-death crisis, in real time and not of its devising."

Full article was here via NR and Newsmax.

Rich Lowry on Cincinnatti Gorilla via Newmax/NR

I Hunt and I Fish, If I Need to Get Away. If You're Finding Fault With Me, Moaning More Than I Can Stand, I'll Tell You What...For a Little While I'll Go See the Outdoor Plan. -Hank III
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
662 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 257 mag, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 2,733 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,647
Posts18,399,078
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.