Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by CraigC
...I can tell you that the Colt SAA's of the last 10yrs are the best they've ever made. I ought to know, I'm the one that does the action work. I can also tell you there's no difference between the guns marketed by Cimarron, Taylor's, EMF, Dixie Gun Works or Stoeger (Uberti house brand). Up to this point, the ONLY folks I've ever heard say that Cimarrons were better, were those who didn't know any better and were just repeating what they'd heard...

Possibly a fact (unproven thus far), and if so, lends credence to your ad hominem attacks on the arguments of the others.

Just an opinion, and like a-s-s-holes, everyone has one and they all stink.

The problem with your posts is not your knowledge or accuracy, but that you intentionally set up an adversarial relationship, regardless of the topic (or posters) from the beginning of your first post on a subject to all your posts that follow. It seems your goal is not to spread knowledge but rather to fight and piss everyone off.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SargeMO
I haven't owned any new Colt SAA's since the 70s nor half the others Craig mentioned, but damn near every single action revolver I've had through my hands since then has needed some kind of action work to make it fit to use. And in that regard the Rugers have no better than the Italian imports. They are built stronger if you anticipate the need to shoot heavy loads.

Regardless my next one will be a four and three-quarter inch Cattleman in 45 Colt. What little about it that does need improving I can easily handle myself.

They all need action work to be fit to use? What's so bad with every single make and model that they can not be used for their intended purpose out of the box? I ask as an honest question, as I have limited SA experience. I have an old model Blackhawk that I bought used. It does just fine, but it is 40+ years old and I have no idea if anything has been done to it. I also have a new model single six I bought new and it seems to be acceptable as is, but maybe I am missing something.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by K1500
Originally Posted by SargeMO
I haven't owned any new Colt SAA's since the 70s nor half the others Craig mentioned, but damn near every single action revolver I've had through my hands since then has needed some kind of action work to make it fit to use. And in that regard the Rugers have no better than the Italian imports. They are built stronger if you anticipate the need to shoot heavy loads.

Regardless my next one will be a four and three-quarter inch Cattleman in 45 Colt. What little about it that does need improving I can easily handle myself.

They all need action work to be fit to use? What's so bad with every single make and model that they can not be used for their intended purpose out of the box? I ask as an honest question, as I have limited SA experience. I have an old model Blackhawk that I bought used. It does just fine, but it is 40+ years old and I have no idea if anything has been done to it. I also have a new model single six I bought new and it seems to be acceptable as is, but maybe I am missing something.

That's a great question and it deserves a serious answer. I think it's all in what we expect from our sixguns. I expect to be able to take a SA revolver, regardless of caliber or sight configuration, and hit a coffee can every shot at 50 paces if I don't screw it up. For me this requires a grip that suits me, a decent trigger and perfect sight regulation. Your old Blackhawk was built with those things in mind. The New ones, not so much.

I've had mixed accuracy with NM Single Sixes, particularly those fitted with a Magnum cylinder. The Old Models I've owned were all tack drivers. At any rate I am glad you found a couple of good Rugers. They will give a lifetime of enjoyment.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
...I can tell you that the Colt SAA's of the last 10yrs are the best they've ever made. I ought to know, I'm the one that does the action work. I can also tell you there's no difference between the guns marketed by Cimarron, Taylor's, EMF, Dixie Gun Works or Stoeger (Uberti house brand). Up to this point, the ONLY folks I've ever heard say that Cimarrons were better, were those who didn't know any better and were just repeating what they'd heard...

Possibly a fact (unproven thus far), and if so, lends credence to your ad hominem attacks on the arguments of the others.

The problem with your posts is not your knowledge or accuracy, but that you intentionally set up an adversarial relationship, regardless of the topic (or posters) from the beginning of your first post on a subject to all your posts that follow. It seems your goal is not to spread knowledge but rather to fight and piss everyone off.
That's been the case ever since he landed here on the Handguns page.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by K1500

The issue here is that the Colt design, which dates back to the 1840's, is not really compatible with modern mass production. Coupled with the fact that Uberti is a mid-level manufacturer with very little hand-fitting, known to run their CNC machines too fast for smoothly finished parts and you have a revolver that needs a little professional help to keep from eating itself alive. The heavy factory springs exacerbate the problem. The difference being that Bill Ruger designed his guns FOR mass production. By contrast, USFA also used mostly CNC machinery to produce their guns but they ran them slow, changed their cutters often and the result is a finely crafted revolver that does not need an action job to survive.

Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Go back and read my first post in this thread. There is nothing confrontational about it, even though EE and I already had an adversarial relationship. Unlike you guys, I'm here to talk about guns and debate the message, not attack the messenger. If I am automatically defensive, you guys made me that way.

If I'm such an A-hole, why did you and 4ager join my forum???

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I can't speak for Magnumdood, but here are my reasons for that:

1) I was looking for specific information and that site seemed to have it;
2) you weren't known to be such an [bleep] when I joined;
3) you don't act like this there.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 4ager

2. Online, I've always been the way I am right now. I've been involved in more than one knockdown-dragout here so I don't know how you missed it before this one.

3. The members over there (or anywhere else I participate for that matter) don't act like they do here. Like I said before, 90% of the crap that goes on here wouldn't be tolerated elsewhere. This forum is a free for all and some folks think their lofty post count entitles them to never be questioned. Double E, who never debated this subject on a technical level, seems to think 37,000 posts makes him some sort of intellectual. I think the opposite is true.

And neither of you have been banned from the site where I pay the bills.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager

2. Online, I've always been the way I am right now. I've been involved in more than one knockdown-dragout here so I don't know how you missed it before this one.

3. The members over there (or anywhere else I participate for that matter) don't act like they do here. Like I said before, 90% of the crap that goes on here wouldn't be tolerated elsewhere. This forum is a free for all and some folks think their lofty post count entitles them to never be questioned. Double E, who never debated this subject on a technical level, seems to think 37,000 posts makes him some sort of intellectual. I think the opposite is true.

And neither of you have been banned from the site where I pay the bills.
You were knocked down and dragged out, but here you seem to be again. Nothing but a trouble-making [bleep].

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Because I wanted to see if you were the same abrasive, obnoxious a-s-shole there as you are over here. This forum is like it is because the owner of the forum for reasons known only to him, essentially lets it be a free-for-all. The only person he has imposed a penalty on is Little Larry from Alaska, and Larry violates the agreement they have whenever he feels like it. Larry is supposed to be limited to 2 posts every 24 hours. That's the only moderation I've seen on this board.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
...And neither of you have been banned from the site where I pay the bills...

Ban me. I couldn't give a s-h-i-t less. I think if you look I was on your site once, certainly no more than twice, and I have no plans of returning, especially after this special conversation you've once again engaged all of us in.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have belonged to a couple of essentially unmoderated forums in the last 7-8 years and I prefer them over all others. That and the good folks who post here are primary reasons I remain here.

Far better to have the occasional blood-letting than to live under the thumb of bliss-ninnies with a hall monitor complex. There is always the 'Ignore' feature for people who think every day is Halloween and they have their 'jackass on'. When enough people do that and a jackass is braying to an empty auditorium, they move on.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Still waiting on the resident expert to explain the difference between Cimarron and everybody else. Ignoring all the rest.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kinda like a woman, keeping this going until getting the last word.
Tranny maybe?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hawkeye_Reloader
Just got one in SS, thanks for the suggestion!

I'd buy a case of ball ammo.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Still waiting on the resident expert to explain the difference between Cimarron and everybody else. Ignoring all the rest.

Cimarron's and similar are for the unemployed.

Rugers are for people that are between jobs.

Colts are for people that have made it in life.

You're welcome,
Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

So you can continue to dispute anything anyone else posts, no matter what it is, and you can continue down your douchebag route of knowing everything about everything?

Nah. I'll pass.

Go find someone else to play your juvenile games.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
deflave +1

"The older I get, the better I was"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Colt's are overrated.

Originally Posted by rockinbbar

So you can continue to dispute anything anyone else posts, no matter what it is, and you can continue down your douchebag route of knowing everything about everything?

Nah. I'll pass.

Go find someone else to play your juvenile games.

I'm a douchebag because I expect you to support your claims with actual, tangible facts? This "juvenile game", as you call it, is an adult conversation. Or was supposed to be. You see, we both make claims and then we substantiate them. What is "juvenile", is to say "I'm right and you're wrong" but offer nothing at all to support your position. What is juvenile is to respond to a challenge with personal insults. If you had anything to shut me up, you would've done it. If you had anything at all to support your claims (other than the usual marketing nonsense), you would've used it already. The fact that you keep posting personal insults but refuse to answer the question is proof that you have nothing. You're just doing your best to save face by deflecting from the actual discussion.

Thanks for proving my point. Lots of words, no substance.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Tracks
Kinda like a woman, keeping this going until getting the last word.
Tranny maybe?

Typical of the meaningless response one can expect here. How old are you?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Run along and play with yourself, and let the men have a conversation without your arrogance and interruptions.

You've been dismissed now.

Shoo.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

275 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 2,318 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,468
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.