Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
There is still a lot of "traditional" country music being made out there. Much of it by younger generations that are true to carrying on the roots of country music. But you will rarely ever (or never) hear them being given air time on any of the cookie cutter, commercial high volume demographic so called "country" stations. It just ain't gonna happen.

With todays technology the "good stuff" is out there and more available than it has ever been in history imo.
Other than a very few select radio stations, Youtube is one of the best places to find it.

... and it helps to $upport your favorite Independent record labels...

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Some of it comes from Canada:

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Here is a clip that relates to this very topic. It's the inside story on the "Murder on music Row" song. It's 12 minutes long but it's a good watch.
If you don't know who Larry Cordle is, I guarantee you know some of the songs he's written that have been covered by Major Artists. The whole video is worth the watch imo but Larry plays the song at the 3:00 mark.

Get on Youtube and type him in and listen to some of his stuff. He's is absolutely one of the best song writers/performers I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
The days of Johnnie, and Vern, and Waylon and George are long, long gone, sadly.

I love to listen to them all on Country Classics on Sirius radio when driving the big rig.

But when I have the misfortune of catching a modern "country" tune I change the station quick. It is just reprocessed pop crap. Some of the modern "country" even sounds like rap.
Country music today is in the septic tank.

Last edited by simonkenton7; 06/11/16.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

1/504 PIR
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

1/504 PIR
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube-mp3.org[/video]

1/504 PIR
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Lord forbid anything change in some folks lives.

We'd still be walking and looking for fire and the wheel too if things didn't change.

And by the end of November we'll be finished of and communist. So not all change is good.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Alabama killed country music.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

I Hunt and I Fish, If I Need to Get Away. If You're Finding Fault With Me, Moaning More Than I Can Stand, I'll Tell You What...For a Little While I'll Go See the Outdoor Plan. -Hank III
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by RickyD
Like everything, it's followed the money.

Spot on.

Back in the day country was radio driven. The country artists didn't sell nearly as many records as other genres. It was gear to adults. In the 90's that began to change along with who the label's target audience were-younger demografics. Todays country market is much younger. That's who buys the music. And to market to that audience the music, lyrics, and subject matter changed, for the worst. Country has always borrowed other influences, such as Pop ( Kenny Roger, Dolly Parton). As other genres have borrow from country ( The Birds, Eagles). But today it is mostly has a Pop, Rock, even a Rap bent. The music is what "the kids" buy and listen to. I can recall when the urban cowboy thing came along. And was talking to a female co-worker about country music. She said she like it. I asked her,"do you like Merle Haggard"? She said," he's too country for me". Too country doesn't sell. Country market isn't an adult market, it's a teen market. The adult themes have vanished and been replaced by a high school kid in a stadium watching some act with with beat $15 hats singing "redneck anthems". You've heard them- The I'm so country offerings. The soul of songs like "Poncho and Lefty" are nowhere to be found.

Last edited by LostHighway; 06/11/16.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It packed up and left with Merle Haggard!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

no. That honor belongs to Garth Brooks. smile

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster

Country Music, much like the United States, has morphed into something that's no longer recognizable to those of us who grew up in it. Oh, they still celebrate the CMA awards and such, just like our government celebrates Independence Day. But it's no longer the thing it was meant to be. And the younger generation ain't got a clue what they're missing.
7mm

God forgive us.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Get a Pandora account and listen to what you want. You can select artists you like and ones similar. You can also delete artists you don't want to hear.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I agree,...with this song. Nothing about it says "country".

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

no. That honor belongs to Garth Brooks. smile

He finished it off.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R

This chit shows some folks that age and can't handle change. Call it want you want if it makes you happy, but we grew up on Alabama and the concerts were great.

Still enjoy listening to whatever you want to call their music.

Such a nice weekend down here and folks still get their panties all wadded up and full of sand.

And before we get wound up, I like a LOT of different music, I"m not stuck on one type like my old grandpa was.....that was ridiculous.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
668 members (06hunter59, 17Fan, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 75 invisible), 2,667 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,346
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.