Print Thread
Hop To
I
ICDUCKS Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Looking for a new scope for my 30-378. It will be hitting steel and hunting. I think I've come to the choice of a Huskemaw Blue Diamond 5-20 or a Nightforce SHV 5-20. Have never owned either. Am I headed in the right direction? Have I not been looking at the right stuff? Appreciate any help. I tried this in the long range hunting forum with no success, yet.

Originally Posted By: '61'10
When I first saw the news I thought it said Obama.. Had to look three times before I realized it said Osama..

Either way I still got excited!
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nightforce.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by wareagle700
Nightforce.

+1

Good Shooting!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nightforce. My decision is based on side by side comparison with lots of optics.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think the SHV is better than a Blue-Diamond.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I have zero experience with either...but my complaint with the shv is the price. They weigh the same as the nxs, and a few more months of saving could get you an nxs...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't ever see much on Huskemaw, NF is a known quantity.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Nightforce no question!!!

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
How many Husky scopes do you see being used in competition, versus how many Nightforce.

I realize OP that you are not talking about competing, but when it comes to durability and repeatability, scopes used in competition are a good gauge, as they take what may be considered a lifetime of use, in just one season.

The punchline is that I have never, anywhere seen a Husky scope used by anyone, let alone by your average competitor.

Go with a Nightforce.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
How many Husky scopes do you see being used in competition, versus how many Nightforce.

I realize OP that you are not talking about competing, but when it comes to durability and repeatability, scopes used in competition are a good gauge, as they take what may be considered a lifetime of use, in just one season.

The punchline is that I have never, anywhere seen a Husky scope used by anyone, let alone by your average competitor.

Go with a Nightforce.

a competition is a totally different use for a scope than as a hunting optic. the vortex razor is a 3# rifle scope with a truck axle main tube. That is a terrible hunting scope. instead its a competition scope.

We don't know that much about husky scopes actually. I would like to see the results of a tall target test. until then its speculation. and it means nothing that the scopes aren't used in competiton.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Uhhhhh I'll side with Mackay. Nightforce by a mile.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The people who started Huskemaw even use Nightforce scopes.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I asked one of the davidson's ie a gunwerks guy what he thought of huskemaw. keep in mind these guys are now competitiors to huskemaw. He said the reason they went with nightforce is because no one else matches the testing they do on each optic before it leaves the factory. I don't remember exactly what he said but he alluded to the huskys being good scopes if you get a good one, but getting a good one might not always be the case.

The fact they were worried about getting a product tested and squared away correctly, vs simply just having another husky type scope built in japan I think says alot about them. especially knowing they probably could have alot greater profit margin on a scope like that.

I
ICDUCKS Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
I believe it's gonna be Nightforce, thank you to everyone who helped.

Originally Posted By: '61'10
When I first saw the news I thought it said Obama.. Had to look three times before I realized it said Osama..

Either way I still got excited!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Get the Nightforce NXS................proven tough as nails!!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by wareagle700
The people who started Huskemaw even use Nightforce scopes.

They don't use the SHV, they are poorly designed. They use NXS which are very good scopes. They are also $1800-$2100

How many of you advocating the Nightforce have used the SHV or the Huskemaw?

I have used both and the eyebox on the SHV is beyond terrible. It also doesn't have enough eye relief. It is a bad design. Huskemaw is a purpose built scope for guys who want to set it up on ONE rifle and have a trouble free, easy to use scope. The Nighforce is an all-purpose scope. The quality is good, the design is lacking.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've used both and owned 4-5 Nightforce scopes. A buddy has the Huskemaw and while its a decent feeling optic, no way would I choose it over a Nightforce. The Nightforce wins hands down. I didn't find the SHV 4-16 eyebox to be difficult to get behind at all. Can't find much to complain about with the SHV's. For what they are, they are great.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
625 members (09wingates, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,261
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.