Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
I have personally known of too many cases where the cute, harmless, cuddly Pit Bull went into attack mode in a split second, with NO justification whatsoever.
Calling BS.

Calling you a fool.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's no use, the Pitt supporters are just as clueless as the Hillary supporters.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
It's no use, the Pitt supporters are just as clueless as the Hillary supporters.

A lot like religious nuts of pretty much every persuasion.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

My point being people will defend their own belief to the death regardless of what any other think or show.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jimy
You guys need to remember that if a dog has a hold of your arm and you are going down, you had better make sure your knees are on that dogs ribs when you hit the ground, if you don't kill them, there is a very good chance that they will kill you.
exactly and choke them. when mine attacked i grabbed his jaw, i knew my hands were going to get bit but no way was i going to let him get a hold of me anywhere else.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
The combination of molosser breeds, including pit bulls, rottweilers, presa canarios, cane corsos, mastiffs, dogo argentinos, fila brasieros, sharpeis, boxers, and their mixes, inflict:
86% of attacks that induce bodily harm
81% of attacks to children
89% of attack to adults
76% of attacks that result in fatalities
86% that result in maiming
Embody 9.2%+ of the total dog population

Foul! Facts are not allowed in these threads!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have personally known of too many cases where the cute, harmless, cuddly Pit Bull went into attack mode in a split second, with NO justification whatsoever.
Calling BS.
happened to me 4 weeks ago.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
happened to me 4 weeks ago.

Wasting your time Stx.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I was commenting on Benchman's statement that all dogs bite, which they do. However, pits have a history of attacking without cause. They snap in the head and attack, totally unprovoked. There are to many instances of it to reasonably say otherwise. The number of these attacks is way out of proportion to their numbers.
Just simply not true. Per Pit numbers, any bite of a human is very rare. The reason you hear of them frequently, though, is to do with 1) their great numbers in existence, and 2) the tendency for their attacks to be quite effective and persistent. Other breeds, per their numbers, bite much more frequently, but don't tend to make the news due to minimal harm done, not to mention a large segment of folks like to read of Pitbull attacks, so they can post them at places like this, thus news agencies are eager to increase readership by reporting on them when they occur.
You are wrong. My son is a professional animal control officer. As a breed, Pits are the most likely to do serious harm. That is the truth. It is the most troublesome breed he has to deal with. While the owners involved are not good either, in a lot of cases, the fact is that they pick Pits because of the traits that make the breed dangerous.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Happened to us when friendly Pit who had been staying at our place for several months tore up our Shepard at a cost of $3K in surgery over a bowl of food he wanted to take away. It snapped at my wife and thought at least twice before backing down from me and leaving the yard.

I would have put him down right there but had promised to give back to original owner.

I have seen mean Rotteilers bite but pits are worse. Sister in law had her dog attacked by the neighborhood problem pit. She used a metal stake to pry his jaws off the dog, when the pit turned his attention on her she drove the stake down the pit's throat and killed it. Police showed up told her nice job and ticketed the pit owner.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
want to see the difference in a pit and other breeds?

check this out! Tenacious!!!

https://youtu.be/XztoJ3BvpZU

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 06/29/16.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

B
BLG Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Calling BS.

Ask Roger.(stxhunter)From all indications, he was a great pit bull owner of a great dog. Until he wasn't......

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
another reason pittys are more often reported as biters (note my reported) many people just grobble if the neighbors ankle biting chihuahua bites them but your pitbull bit me now i have to report it to everyone

ALSO the freaking number of the dogs out there. YES there are bad breeders that give the breed a bad name, but if you go to the shelter and spend some time with a pit/pit-mix you can very likely come out with a great dog.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

One pocket knife could have stopped that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tim_B
another reason pittys are more often reported as biters (note my reported) many people just grobble if the neighbors ankle biting chihuahua bites them but your pitbull bit me now i have to report it to everyone

ALSO the freaking number of the dogs out there. YES there are bad breeders that give the breed a bad name, but if you go to the shelter and spend some time with a pit/pit-mix you can very likely come out with a great dog.

Sounds like a recipe for coyote and catfish bait...

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Did not look like the tazer did a thing... yet studies with brown bears showed them at 100% effective on big bears...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by las
Me too. Why the unreasoning hate?

I have yet to encounter a nasty pit bull or mix. And I have, a number of them. But then again, I don't hang out with the sort of people that like or tolerate mean dogs.

I'm a a Lab man myself - and I've encountered a few nasty ones, and their owners. Man, you gotta work at that with a Lab! There are, of course exceptions. If you have a mean tempered dog, by ownership, training, not training, encouragement, or basic nature- who is it ultimately at fault?

I'm no fan of Rottweilers. I've never met a mean one of those- or a Dobie, for that matter - but I just don't care for them. There are some I have avoided, because obviously they were doing a job- self ascribed or not- that told me they'd take my throat off if I messed/approached/petted them. I ain't terribly bright, but you have to be pretty stupid not to read dog behavior. Yeah, I've been bit - my fault mostly. Or at least not the dog's under reasonable circumstance. The other two - well- they didn't survive the bite
incident by much.

A couple weeks ago I was coming into Manley Hot Springs Landing in my boat. Saw this Native kid "pretend beating" his 120-130 lb. Rotty with an 8' foot pole. Dog looked real worried- not!

Later the kid told me that the dog growled at us as we were idling down -. doing his duty warning the kid, apparently, because as soon as we landed, the dog came racing over to us- 40 yards away- and DEMANDED to be petted. First by me (thoroughly)- then by my son - less so. My kid's a freak, IMO.

Native kid said- "You know, most people are afraid of my dog- I was only pretend beating him, and he's a really nice dog."

I could tell. Hell, I'd have taken him home. The dog - not the kid, tho the kid seemed just as nice. His parents might have objected.

You get what you train, own, accept, with due allowance for temperament as an individual. If you have a dog that attacks, maims, kills - that's on you Sport, no matter what the breed.
Your rational treatment of this subject will fall on deaf ears if addressed to the hysterics who obsessively put up posts hostile to this breed.
Your reality isn't.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Did not look like the tazer did a thing... yet studies with brown bears showed them at 100% effective on big bears...
Who did they get to prove it?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I could agree with that if I add that not all religious people are nuts. Some are and could be just as dangerous, but in general there's no comparison. My "faith" won't escape my yard and kill your kid.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I could agree with that if I add that not all religious people are nuts. Some are and could be just as dangerous, but in general there's no comparison. My "faith" won't escape my yard and kill your kid.

Definitely correct...generally they are the lot that mind their own business.

But it is the stubborn mindset I was referring to.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 62 invisible), 2,583 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,746
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.