Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
natman Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
In Chicago Hillary Clinton called gun control "a civil rights issue".

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/201...ivers-keynote-at-rainbow-push-convention

http://www.kntu.com/2016/06/27/clinton-says-gun-violence-is-civil-rights-issue/

Darn right it is. And it's our civil rights she wants to violate. Not only does she want to trample on our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, but she wants to forget about our Fourth Amendment right to due process as well.

This abuse of due process is so flagrant that the ACLU is teaming with the NRA to fight it.

It's good to know that you can always count on the ACLU to uphold all nine amendments in the bill of rights.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want to see proof the ACLU is backing/supporting the NRA on the 2A. That would be a COMPLETE 180 on their position on the issue.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Here's where I am on the subject.

Jiggaboos deserve the civil right to kill each other down to nothin',...in Chicago or anywhere else.

They shouldn't be deprived of the means to do so.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
In fact,...I'll donate a Model 10 to the effort,...and that's a sacrifice,...because I like my Model 10s.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 4ager
I want to see proof the ACLU is backing/supporting the NRA on the 2A. That would be a COMPLETE 180 on their position on the issue.

Note that Natman mentioned 9 Bill of Right. I assume some sarcasm was in use.

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Bristoe
In fact,...I'll donate a Model 10 to the effort,...and that's a sacrifice,...because I like my Model 10s.

That's goin' a bit far there B dig out'n old RG or somethin' but don't be sendin' them a perfectly good Model 10.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
natman Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular

The ACLU is ferocious defending the 9 amendments to the Bill of Rights they like.

The proposed use of the terror watch list to deny gun purchases rubs them the wrong way because they don't like the idea of the government keeping secret lists and they don't like the idea of the government suspending anyone's rights without due process. They are right on both counts.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justic...ACLU-take-same-side-of-no-fly-gun-debate

Now mind you, if this were a strictly Second Amendment issue, they wouldn't lift a finger. They are involved in this one because due process is covered by the 5th and 14 amendments.

Last edited by natman; 07/02/16.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by natman

The ACLU is ferocious defending the 9 amendments to the Bill of Rights they like.

The proposed use of the terror watch list to deny gun purchases rubs them the wrong way because they don't like the idea of the government keeping secret lists and they don't like the idea of the government suspending anyone's rights without due process. They are right on both counts.

Now mind you, if this were a strictly Second Amendment issue, they wouldn't lift a finger. They are involved in this one because due process is covered by the 5th and 14 amendments.

Yup, you have their agenda well-defined...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At least they are not so blind as to allow their bias to completely derail their mission, in the manner of the media and their leftist handlers.

The sad truth, given their history, is that they'd probably be a better place for donations than a solid 75% of republican politicians.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hillary said that any limitation on a constitutional right is equal to destroying it as a right at all.

but she was referring to killing babies in the womb at 8 months.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Jiggaboos deserve the civil right to kill each other down to nothin',...in Chicago or anywhere else.

I agree as long as you include Memphrica.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by seal_billy

I agree as long as you include Memphrica.

And Jacrifca aka Jackson, Mississippi!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The ACLU's version of the 1st Amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof except Christianity; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

LOL

I love M10s. But I will donate an old single shot 12ga. grin

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
natman Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by natman

Yup, you have their agenda well-defined...

The ACLU should be fighting as hard for the Second Amendment as they do all the rest. If the ACLU weren't such hypocrites, the NRA would have nothing to do but put on Eddie the Eagle seminars. Since the ACLU prefer to live in a fantasy world regarding the Second, the NRA has to pick up the slack.

In its defense of the Second Amendment rights for a significant minority of Americans, the NRA has been forced to become a civil rights organization. Hillary trying to make political hay by claiming she'll stand up to the NRA is just as bigoted as claiming she'd stand up to the NAACP.

So it is a civil rights issue. And Hillary is on the wrong side.

natman Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ringworm
Hillary said that any limitation on a constitutional right is equal to destroying it as a right at all.

but she was referring to killing babies in the womb at 8 months.

I'd love to see a citation for that if you can find one.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
About damn time someone puts the 2nd Amendment in terms of Civil Rights, because that's just what it is! But, the communist ACLU will never go there!

I know that's not what the Hillbeast intended. Maybe Unintended Consequencses?

All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void. � Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. (2 Cranch) 137 (1803)
NRA LIfe Member
GOA
SAF
CCRKBA
natman Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Elkhunter3006
About damn time someone puts the 2nd Amendment in terms of Civil Rights, because that's just what it is! But, the communist ACLU will never go there!

I know that's not what the Hillbeast intended.

It's possible that Hillary doesn't know what Civil Rights means, but I don't think she's that stupid. I suspect she knows that the term "Civil Rights" will play well with her supporters. It's entirely possible that they don't know what it means.

For Hillary Civil Rights only apply to the parts of the law, including the Constitution, that she agrees with. She doesn't agree with the Second Amendment, therefore - in her eyes - it's not a Civil Right.

Last edited by natman; 07/04/16.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,695
Posts18,456,662
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.