Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Okay, I've tried some of the best (Milt Sparks), but have never found an IWB that was actually tuckable with a dress shirt that didn't look like I was trying to conceal a brick or had no idea how to blouse a shirt. At 6'1", 185-200 (depending upon how out of shape I am, but really pretty slim), I just can't make a tuckable work.

Am I doing something completely wrong? Does it really require specially tailored shirts? Or, is it just a myth and simply wear a jacket to CCW?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Light sport coat Buddy, I have found no other way.

Trump Won!
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, that's the only answer I've found to date as well. Seeing if someone else has this figured out better than I have.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only way I can do it is with my shirttail out. I bought one of the Galco King Tuck models for my Glock 32, andIf I tuck my shirt in, it just looks like I'm trying to conceal a brick.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

Am I doing something completely wrong? Does it really require specially tailored shirts? Or, is it just a myth and simply wear a jacket to CCW?

No, you're not doing anything wrong; a tuckable IWB is a misnomer & is physically impossible in the true sense of being tuckable.

The best that can be done is to blouse the shirt over it & that's not really tucked.

MM

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For carrying a real gun, I think it's a myth. For tucked shirts, I go pocket carry or cover garment.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
4ager, you already know this but I am going to throw this out there anyway. Its hard to beat a pocket carry pistol for concealment and ease of gun transfer no matter how you dress. Try a Glock 43 in a DeSantis Nemesis if you haven't already. A +1 magazine and an extra magazine will cover a lot of bases.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I consider a Glock 43 to be a real gun, albeit on the minimal side, and I carry it in a pocket in a DeSantis Super Fly when proper decorum suggests the appropriateness of a tucked shirt and no cover garment. I don't +1 the magazine for the gun, but I do on the spares.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whole lot of dress shirts out there nowadays are designed to be worn untucked. If dressed properly with a proper fitting shirt, one does not look 'sloppy' at all.

Think the only people I see tucking are old dudes and golfers (business attire aside)...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
IC B3

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Whole lot of dress shirts out there nowadays are designed to be worn untucked. If dressed properly with a proper fitting shirt, one does not look 'sloppy' at all.

Think the only people I see tucking are old dudes and golfers (business attire aside)...

There are times, a lot of them, where tucked in the way to go for business.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That gay.

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That gay.

Chriss never has "the answer".

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Glock 43 with clipdraw. Not perfect, but not bad either. For the record, I won't carry THIS gun THIS way with a round chambered. But I've not found anything else with this much power this concealable. It is a little slower to get into action, but a lot faster than going back to the car to get the gun I didn't carry.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While I'm not a real fan of wearing tucked, I've never had the slightest problem with it when I did. And I have found a dress shirt that blouses subtly over the belt line works perfectly...for me.

Dress shirts tend to be tightly tailored or pretty big in the body. Look at people in an office and that's what you'll typically see...too snug around the body or too loose...and you see this on 99% of the guys. So if you just go on the loose side, you'll fit right in and no one will ever know.

But...I still think tucked sucks. It's one tool in the chest for when you need it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it helps any, I had to downsize to .380 (sig 238) in a small-maker 'executive iwb' hoslter having just one j-clip, to be convinced my iwb was un-noticeable. This was in an office setting where get up-down umpteen times in a day, sitting on stools and reaching here and there, which tends to challenge keeping a shirt tucked as well as not printing. Anything larger than my little P238 I was conscious of printing. Some claim to make a full-sized pistol disappear and maybe they're right, but IMO physics is physics - a smaller pistol hides easier. And yeah a .380 of 6 round cap is a compromise, but at bad breath distances, Cor-Bon DPX's, I'd take it over nothing anytime.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by 4ager

No, you're not doing anything wrong; a tuckable IWB is a misnomer & is physically impossible in the true sense of being tuckable.

The best that can be done is to blouse the shirt over it & that's not really tucked.

MM

Oh, you can tuck it. And it won't look like a brick. It will look like you have your shirt tucked around a gun - at least, to anyone who's really paying attention. IME, very few people are paying attention. But I pretty much gave up on it too.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It sounds like the answer is essentially "no". Fair enough; good enough. Small pistol for pocket carry when I have to go tucked and a jacket isn't appropriate; otherwise, an IWB/OWB with a garment (untucked) over it, be that a jacket or a shirt. Same MO as I've been doing for years, just wanting to make sure that I wasn't missing something obvious.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the only tuckable I got to work without looking like a muffin top over a brick was an NAA Guardian....

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've carried a Shield in a kydex tuckable holster made by Cooks:

https://www.cooksholsters.com/tuckable-iwb-holster/

It works ok, but I have a smaller waist and a thicker chest/back so it helps hide it a bit, especially since the shirt is looser around my waist. The thin profile of the shield along with the thin kydex helps.

I much prefer OWB with cover but sometimes I can't get what I prefer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

327 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 42 invisible), 2,720 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,609
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.