Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Still, though, I've seen Hickok 45 forget to take the safety off guns he's testing, and that guy is fairly experienced,

I've used a 1911 since 1974 and have failed to wipe the safety off. Rifles and shotguns have safeties and people have not railed against them seems safeties are only a problem to a few hand gunners. Deactivation of a safety should be automatic or you aren't familiar enough with your weapon.

Apparently your hero Hickock45 needs a bit more familiarity with said handgun

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475
Still, though, I've seen Hickok 45 forget to take the safety off guns he's testing, and that guy is fairly experienced,

I've used a 1911 since 1974 and have [never??] failed to wipe the safety off. Rifles and shotguns have safeties and people have not railed against them seems safeties are only a problem to a few hand gunners. Deactivation of a safety should be automatic or you aren't familiar enough with your weapon.

Did you mean to say that you've never failed to wipe it off?? That's awesome, man. You're my new hero.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Pure hyperbole, my friend. No one's buying it, apart from your amen corner here at the Fire.

Amen.

Wait... what are we talking about?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by FreeMe

laugh

Oh, but these days it does. One has only to invest the time.

Youtube cures all.

Well, not all. But a bunch.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Come on, JW.

Anybody with a bunch of steel targets and a picnic table in his backyard has it going on.

Dave

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Owning one is one thing. But blaming malfunctions on the design as a whole without having acquired knowledge of what is required to make it work is another. If someone wants to own a 1911 and never bother to figure out if it runs right or why, that's their business. But those people would be better off learning something, instead of spouting off about their personal problems and ignoring the real assistance.

The 1911 should include a free armorer's course.

Dave

Google "Wheel:Reinvention"

smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dave Clark Flave (What a great band!), I'll answer your question on who should not own a 1911: Anyone who whines about Montana non-resident license fees.

Next question.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
For a band that never made it out of the garage...
Good answer. Yeah seems he got alot of axes in the shed that need grinding. Been running into those axe grinders lately. They really don't want answers, just a soapbox and bullhorn. Must be the hot summer.

Last edited by Wyogal; 07/13/16.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I've used a 1911 since 1974 and have [never??] failed to wipe the safety off. Rifles and shotguns have safeties and people have not railed against them seems safeties are only a problem to a few hand gunners. Deactivation of a safety should be automatic or you aren't familiar enough with your weapon.

Did you mean to say that you've never failed to wipe it off?? That's awesome, man. You're my new hero.

Do you and or Hickock have trouble with rifle and shotgun safeties or just 1911 safeties?

I've never failed to wipe the safety, rather easy actually

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who has an axe to grind?

The guy who spouts off about how "some people shouldn't own a 1911" without any reason or basis and refuses to either explain himself or admit that he was just spouting off......or the guy who says "what do you mean?"?

There's definitely a few people spouting off, grinding axes and trolling. But it's not the guy who says, "Can you explain that?"

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mesabi
Dave Clark Flave (What a great band!), I'll answer your question on who should not own a 1911: Anyone who whines about Montana non-resident license fees.

Next question.

Who should or should not own a Glock?

GO!

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Wyogal
Must be the hot summer.

It's been quite pleasant actually.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Who has an axe to grind?

The guy who spouts off about how "some people shouldn't own a 1911" without any reason or basis and refuses to either explain himself or admit that he was just spouting off......or the guy who says "what do you mean?"?

There's definitely a few people spouting off, grinding axes and trolling. But it's not the guy who says, "Can you explain that?"

She's just another cyber-bully.

Dave

PS - Is it ok if I own a Shield? I didn't research the qualifications prior to purchase.

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by GunGeek

DINK goes into his new ownership of a 1911 with zero faith in that weapon. I'd say that makes him a bad candidate for a 1911 owner.

Kevin,
I am just realistic about what a production 1911 will do. What it will do is let you down. I bet I have owned and been around more 1911's than you have.

I wish they worked but I can't get them to all the time.

I also bet you don't burn many rounds in yours or carry yours very much. That's the reason you don't post pics of it.

Dink

Ah, just another "_____ pistol sucks because mine didn't work perfectly" thread.

I have no idea how many rounds Kevin has fired from his 1911. No idea how many have been fired from mine, either. It's a 1970s vintage Colt Series 70, factory nickel, that was bought by the father of a dear friend and carried by that man for many years. My friend then carried it, and I know for a fact that both of them shot the Hell out of it (as they did with all the firearms they owned). I received it as a "gift"/"permanent loan" almost a decade ago. I've carried it a LOT and shot it a LOT. To my knowledge, it has never failed to feed, fire, or eject.

Obviously, YMMV, but it doesn't mean that the 1911 is a poor choice for carry. You simply prefer something else. I don't like or trust Beretta M9/92s because I had three break on me. I know other folks who have carried and shot them for years with no malfunctions whatsoever. Does that mean the Beretta "sucks" because I don't trust it and had bad experiences with it? No. It means I need to carry something else because for ME, the Beretta isn't something that inspires confidence, and confidence is key. Hell, I even had a Glock go "kaboom" on me; something that I've never had happen with any 1911 I've owned or shot. Does that mean that Glocks "suck"? I think not, but if you're going to malign an entire design because you are having problems with it while others don't, well....

Anyway, enough with that; have fun with the rest of the trolling post as you've clearly gotten plenty of bites and I suspect that was the purpose.

What's "a lot"?

I work a second job solely to buy powder, primers and bullets. My definition of a lot and your probably differ.

How many rounds have you personally put through the colt in ten years?

I am sure there are production 1911's that work but the ain't near as common as everyone says they are.

Your last statement almost hurt my feeling. I didn't force anyone to reply.

Dink

Last edited by DINK; 07/13/16.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think you're good to go on the Shield as long as Blue says it's okay. (And as long as it doesn't have a manual safety, because you may forget to wipe. No one wants that.)

I used to think that anyone who was legally and financially able to own a Glock and desired one should own one. Based on recent speeches, I now think that black people shouldn't own them... Unless they have schoolbooks and computers...Or are looking to steal some schoolbooks and computers...Or are worried about bear attacks while playing Pokemon Go. Then they should definitely own a G20.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Mesabi

Next question.

Who should or should not own a Glock?

GO!

Dave
I should not. Because I reload.. And because I think they're brick-ugly..

Dat's why.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by GunGeek

DINK goes into his new ownership of a 1911 with zero faith in that weapon. I'd say that makes him a bad candidate for a 1911 owner.

Kevin,
I am just realistic about what a production 1911 will do. What it will do is let you down. I bet I have owned and been around more 1911's than you have.

I wish they worked but I can't get them to all the time.

I also bet you don't burn many rounds in yours or carry yours very much. That's the reason you don't post pics of it.

Dink

Ah, just another "_____ pistol sucks because mine didn't work perfectly" thread.

I have no idea how many rounds Kevin has fired from his 1911. No idea how many have been fired from mine, either. It's a 1970s vintage Colt Series 70, factory nickel, that was bought by the father of a dear friend and carried by that man for many years. My friend then carried it, and I know for a fact that both of them shot the Hell out of it (as they did with all the firearms they owned). I received it as a "gift"/"permanent loan" almost a decade ago. I've carried it a LOT and shot it a LOT. To my knowledge, it has never failed to feed, fire, or eject.

Obviously, YMMV, but it doesn't mean that the 1911 is a poor choice for carry. You simply prefer something else. I don't like or trust Beretta M9/92s because I had three break on me. I know other folks who have carried and shot them for years with no malfunctions whatsoever. Does that mean the Beretta "sucks" because I don't trust it and had bad experiences with it? No. It means I need to carry something else because for ME, the Beretta isn't something that inspires confidence, and confidence is key. Hell, I even had a Glock go "kaboom" on me; something that I've never had happen with any 1911 I've owned or shot. Does that mean that Glocks "suck"? I think not, but if you're going to malign an entire design because you are having problems with it while others don't, well....

Anyway, enough with that; have fun with the rest of the trolling post as you've clearly gotten plenty of bites and I suspect that was the purpose.

What's "a lot"?

I work a second job solely to buy powder, primers and bullets. My definition of a lot and your probably differ.

How many rounds have you personally put through the colt in ten years?

I am sure there are production 1911's that work but the ain't near as common as everyone says they are.

Your last statement almost hurt my feeling. I didn't force anyone to reply.

Dink

I don't keep count, frankly. I could toss out some number, but it'd be a flat out guess.

My last statement clearly was accurate.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Who has an axe to grind?

The "why is it.." question got 5+ pages of mostly insightful explanations by smart guys. But his responses to insightful explanations implied rejection of their explanations. As far as the "what do you mean", the spouting off was the only thing left to talk about, as the original "why is it" was answered IMO. Trolling commenced as the OP got answers, which he didn't originally want. So, moot. Multiple pile on.
Linear thinkers often have problems with this.
Air conditioners and rehydration might help.

Last edited by Wyogal; 07/13/16.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'd wager you shoot a handgun about as well as you read.

Dave

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'd wager you're quite a quick draw with a six pack.

Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

409 members (1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 55 invisible), 1,841 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,217
Posts18,447,403
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.