Here you go

[Linked Image]

Never go full retard.

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I can slightly understand the molded triggerguard issue...but I fail to grasp the concern that the magazine is "ugly," and "doesnt match."

Its a gun, not a bracelet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by liliysdad
I can slightly understand the molded triggerguard issue...but I fail to grasp the concern that the magazine is "ugly," and "doesnt match."

Its a gun, not a bracelet.

I'm guessing that you haven't handled one much?

The magazine has a flat bottom and sits below flush leaving a feel in my hand that I don't like. It's nothing like the feel of a rifle with a good fitting floor plate or a blind magazine.

The Ruger American has the right idea on how to blend the detachable magazine with the stock.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I actually have handled one...and saw absolutely zero issue with the magazine.

I am one of the folks who actually like the CZ527 magazine though, and could give a tinker's damn about the "feel" of gun while carrying it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bearstalker
Originally Posted by Fotis
Handled a kimber

Here you go

[Linked Image]

Never go full retard.

do not be so hard on yourself buddy!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bearstalker
Handled a kimber

Here you go

[Linked Image]

Never go full retard.

do not be so hard on yourself buddy!

But you shoot a Weatherby and that alone says enough. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Actually 13 of them! laugh

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I get the need for a magazine on the Tikkas and RAR due to the enclosed ejection port which is why I'm not smitten with either rifle but on a Kimber if they are trying to reach a price point why bother with the detachable magazine. I'm not a big magazine fan on rifles especially plastic ones. Just one of my hang ups.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Good observation on the ejection ports. A Hunter with blind magazine and pot metal trigger guard for about $600 please. grin

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Good observation on the ejection ports. A Hunter with blind magazine and pot metal trigger guard for about $600 please. grin

Now you're talking.

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
molded in trigger guards are gay as a sack of dicks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I brought a 6.5 Creed home the other day.

Pillar bedded (2), very stiff stock - not at all like my REM SPS. The forearm is honey combed to provide that stiffness.

The detachable magazine is one of the options I wanted on this rifle and the trigger guard is a non-issue ( except for you homophobic's out there.... Ha! )

I have a 2.5x8 Leupold with an M1 ele turret that I'll drop in the saddle. Then I'll hit the stock with a bit of black web paint and clear coat it.

I've got too much on the table to do anything to it for a while, but will have it running for our blacktail season coming up.

My dealer can't keep them in stock and says that 6.5's and 7's are the most commonly asked for.

It's not for everybody.

I suggest "handling one in person" and deciding whether or not the options and handling egros are for you...

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I sure wish that they would put an 8" twist on the 243. That would convince me to buy it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's a couple of crappy cell phone photos of the 6.5 CM and the Leupold scope.

A bit of black web paint, a good cleaning and bore sighting and she'll be range ready. I wanna lighten the trigger a bit as well.

I'll use factory fodder this year, probably 140gr something since elk may well be on the menu. Then start loading for it this winter....

She fits and feels great. I think it's going to be a very practical shooter smile
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

BT53

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FWIW, I ran into a guy at the range yesterday that had one in a 6.5 Creedmoor. At first I didn't recognize it as a Kimber Hunter. The guy that owned had masked off the trigger-guard and painted it a flat silver to closely match the S/S action, and had had the stock hydro-dipped in KUIU Verde. Looked pretty sharp. When I was talking to him about his 'customization' he mentioned that the molded trigger-guard, being the same color as the stock just drove him nuts and he had to do something about it. Likewise, he said that the 'call it what you will, calf-s**t tan, baby-s**t tan' stock color just didn't trip his trigger so he opted to have it dipped.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
[Linked Image]

I'm happy with mine chambered in .308.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shot mine in 6.5 CM the other day - Finally !

I did the black webbing paint job and clear coated all.
Cleaned bore and chamber, tightened everything, bore sighted and off to the range I went.

Factory Hornaday Whitetail 129 gr Interlocks were chosen to play with.

Three shots at 25 yards and minor scope adjustments - then out to 100 yards where she put two touching 3" high and a smidge right. Dialed down to 2" high and center.
Shot the rest of that box at rocks at 200 yards to rough check the 200 yard zero and cuz it's just plain fun!

I haven't even touched the trigger on her yet and may not. It has to be right at 3# and very clean.

Recoil... way less than I expected. Not even close to what my heavier .270 deals out. Sort of .243ish.... That made it very easy to control and a lotta fun to shoot!

I'm liking this rifle a LOT and can hardly wait to turn it loose on a blacktail this month and a cow elk later. I'll stick with the 129's for now.

The Hunter version may not be for everyone, but I can seriously see me picking up another ( .243 / .223 ) in the future.
[Linked Image]

BT53

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I handle a couple yesterday. Not bad for a cheap light rifle.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
C
CP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I knew that the Hunter was also going to be released in a long action, but I just noticed that the 06 family cartridges have now been listed as available on Kimber's website. CP.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
When are they going to release the Hunter in 223?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,856
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.