Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
this bs is all part of the continuing globalization stuff that's been going on nearly forever.

back under the reigh of terror of johnson, there was talk of gun controls. here we are a few decades later, and the noose begins to tighten.

i'm surprised that more folks don't support it, given the growth of the mega-cities that are beginning to rule the world.

why would an urbanite need a gun for heaven's sakes? we country folks use them as a tool. some folks use them as a sporting instrument. but, city folks have the police to protect them all over the world, not just in the usa.

all the monarchs from day one wants the citenzry to be unarmed for a variety of reasons. for one, it's more easy to extract taxes. a second one is that it discourages inconvenient up-risings. most the of world has already succumbed to being slaves of the elitists. we americans appear to be close behind.

i lost my sovereign rights under johnson's reign. most folks applauded. let'em wake up and eat crow. it'll be good protein to strengthen themselves.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As I read it, in "(1)", an item only needs to fit one of those categories. That's why the use the word "or" at the end.

So every "weapon" is by definition a defense article.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
let the World Court over in the Hague fight it out. a good opportunity for lawyers who sell their services for a fee.

what does "Sharia" Law say about gun ownership by the private, tax-paying individuals? anyone know for sure?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
straight from the UN.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ITAR has legitimate use, and I can see what they're trying to do. This is all about sniper rifles and .50 BMG rifles, and keeping them out of the hands of the undesirables. But the way it's worded it wraps up basically any and all gunsmithing in with it, and they don't seem to care. I wonder if the NRA has any pull on this one, other wise it's another $2,200.00 tax, and a bunch of unnecessary paperwork for nothing. Messed up thing to do.

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
yeah, a Fusion is occurring. and it's happening at breath taking speed.

the un represents 7 billion people more or less. the us represents 300 million people more or less.

who can see the dilemma that we face? ok, so not everybody is blind.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Pursuant to 22 USCS § 2403 (d) [Title 22. Foreign Relations And Intercourse; Chapter 32. Foreign Assistance; General And Administrative Provisions; Miscellaneous Provisions], the term Defense article includes--

“(1) any weapon, weapons system, munition, aircraft, vessel, boat, or other implement of war;

(2) any property, installation, commodity, material, equipment, supply, or goods used for the purposes of furnishing military assistance;

(3) any machinery, facility, tool, material, supply, or other item necessary for the manufacture, production, processing, repair, servicing, storage, construction, transportation, operation, or use of any article listed in this subsection; or

(4) any component or part of any article listed in this subsection; but shall not include merchant vessels or, as defined by the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended (42 U.S.C. 2011), source material, (except uranium depleted in the isotope 235 which is incorporated in defense articles solely to take advantage of high density or pyrophoric characteristics unrelated to radioactivity) byproduct material, special nuclear material, production facilities, utilization facilities, or atomic weapons or articles involving Restricted Data.”

So every lathe, mill, broach and screwdriver is now a defence article.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I'm a long way from untangling what ITAR really says, but from a quick skim, I gather that ITAR only regulates items in international trade. There is no constitutional right to engage in international trade, so the regulations can be pretty tight.

If that's correct, your local gunsmith does not need to register or pay the fee unless he/she is doing work that will be shipped to another country. So, undoubtedly, the major gun manufacturers will want to register so they can export. But someone threading a barrel for the local trade? I don't think so.

I'll keep researching and post anything useful that I find.

Last edited by denton; 07/29/16.

Be not weary in well doing.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GunGeek
ITAR has legitimate use, and I can see what they're trying to do. This is all about sniper rifles and .50 BMG rifles, and keeping them out of the hands of the undesirables. But the way it's worded it wraps up basically any and all gunsmithing in with it, and they don't seem to care. I wonder if the NRA has any pull on this one, other wise it's another $2,200.00 tax, and a bunch of unnecessary paperwork for nothing. Messed up thing to do.

the string is getting threaded through the bag, loosely at first. then it'll begin to tighten at rapid speed, to capture the prey inside the sack.

the world no longer wants the local people to own guns. they don't think the locals are capable of being responsible in the greater world in which they find themselves.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[quote=GunGeek I wonder if the NRA has any pull on this one, other wise it's another $2,200.00 tax, and a bunch of unnecessary paperwork for nothing. Messed up thing to do. [/quote]

If the legislature doesn't vote on a tax can it legally be imposed on the people? Would it not fall into the realm of taxation without representation? Or are we so far down the road that they don't care and will do it anyway? In your face.
I would seem that Congress should be able to contest executive orders that fall outside of law. Anyone?

Just read your thread Denton. I guess we disregard this issue if not doing international business but the tax is still problematic to me without going through congress. I may be wrong headed on this.

Last edited by Captain; 07/29/16.

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It would mean few independent gunsmiths. The regulations would force services to consolidate to handle the increased costs and regulations that "manufacturers" have to abide by.

I would see larger gunsmithing companies opening up where you have to send in your firearm rather than walk it in to the friendly neighborhood gunsmith.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
oh, we were represented alright. we elected obama, and he appointed the sec of state. and he agreed to sign on, representing us. can't we see how simple it all is when the loyal opposition wants to do away with private gun ownership. look at england, canada, austrailia, and they're our close kin. and france is distant kin.

as members of the un we abide by their decrees, or we don't?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Gus

the world no longer wants the local people to own guns. they don't think the locals are capable of being responsible in the greater world in which they find themselves.

Guess I'll just have to be the stick that gets poked in the eye of the world view. I don't care what the world thinks about my gun rights.

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
It would mean few independent gunsmiths. The regulations would force services to consolidate to handle the increased costs and regulations that "manufacturers" have to abide by.

I would see larger gunsmithing companies opening up where you have to send in your firearm rather than walk it in to the friendly neighborhood gunsmith.

Exactly.

Swifty
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by denton
I'm a long way from untangling what ITAR really says, but from a quick skim, I gather that ITAR only regulates items in international trade. There is no constitutional right to engage in international trade, so the regulations can be pretty tight.

If that's correct, your local gunsmith does not need to register or pay the fee unless he/she is doing work that will be shipped to another country. So, undoubtedly, the major gun manufacturers will want to register so they can export. But someone threading a barrel for the local trade? I don't think so.

That's how I read it.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The gunsmithing community has gone down that road. It applies to ANY firearm that could somehow find it's way outside the US...which means ANY firearm. It's bullsheitt, but that's how it is.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by GunGeek

The gunsmithing community has gone down that road. It applies to ANY firearm that could somehow find it's way outside the US...which means ANY firearm. It's bullsheitt, but that's how it is.

Like the "Fast and Furious" Obama guns. Is this what he is trying to prevent?

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I will keep on building my own rifles. puck them

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by bea175
I will keep on building my own rifles. puck them

i have thought for some time the local 'smiths have gotten a little pricey for the local commoners. of course, i could be wrong.

i don't want to see more regulation of the industry. it almost always has the effect of increasing consumer pricing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know too many full time gunsmiths that would be put out of business by a $2,250 fee. That's just a $1/hour increase or so in hourly work, and that's if they are a 1 man shop. You really going to stop using your favorite gunsmith if they tack on a $1 or $1.50 per hour increase?

What this seems to directly attack is non-gunsmiths since it specifically says that even ONE instance puts you in violation of the law. Finish one 80% lower, d&t one receiver, put on a different stock to increase accuracy, heck.. bedding may count since that's intended to increase accuracy.

And whether you export or not doesn't matter according to that article.

Seriously unenforceable... but seriously bad if the points in the article are true.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,655 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,308
Posts18,468,178
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.