Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
I am currently giving these two a hard look, in 9mm. Any opinion on either of them would be appreciated.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I am currently giving these two a hard look, in 9mm. Any opinion on either of them would be appreciated.
Assuming the CZ is a D model (with a decocker), the big difference is that you don't need to mess with disengaging a safety with the CZ (D models have no thumb safeties), while you will have to mess with a safety on the Beretta. A reply to the above could be that you could just leave the Beretta safety disengaged, but then you will always have to worry about it inadvertently having gotten engaged at the worst possible time. Thus your training will always have to include the thumb sweep to disengage the safety anyway (just in case).

It's a shame, because other than the above criticism, the Storm is a very nifty handgun.

Addendum: Looks like Beretta offers the Storm in what they call the "Type-G," which is the same gun, but with a thumb decocker only, i.e., it won't function as a safety at all. In my opinion, that would be the way to go if you choose the Storm over the CZ.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have been a long time fan of CZ- but hear me out. When Dad was looking for a new pistol I had a long talk about features (striker vs hammer, size, safeties etc..) and one I never cared for is a slide mounted safety. I prefer them, if there is to be one, to be frame mounted. that said I recommended a PX4 to him. I am no great shaeks with a pistol but I shot his and was never so instantly accurate with a pistol. Funky looking thing but very good Ergo's- which the CZ will also have although in a slightly different flavor. So the old addiage about making sure you hold both and see which you prefer. Dad's hand are old and arthritic and the I figured the rotating barrel on the Beretta would be a benefit. It seems to be. Nice soft shootnig and controllable. He has since bought an FNX and says he loves it but I prefer the Beretta by a huge margin.

I am looking for a pistol for a friend and the CZ P07 is high on the list. Frame mounted safety- although I didn't mind the slide mounted one too much on the Beretta. I did want at least a 4" barrel and the CZ is a touch shorter than that if I am not mistaken.

I can safely say you will not be disappointed with either. One tip you already may know - when you decide on a model have ghe dealer bring out a few nad test triggers on each. Pick the best.

Good luck- looking forward to what you choose and maybe some pics of firt time out with it.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
found this too

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If that's what you're down to, you're in good shape because they're both just outstanding pistols. Excellent erogs on both, they're both extremely reliable, and they both shoot lights out. Me personally, I'll be buying th CZ-P07 as my next CC gun when my daughter goes off to college and takes my current CC pistol. But I could be every bit as happy with the PX4, that's a damn good pistol.

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Thanks a bunch for the responses! I'm still kicking the tires on the two, but I expect to bring something home in the next week or so. Sounds like a I can't go wrong either way.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't tell you about the CZ but my PX4 storm in .45acp is a great gun. Of the four .45's that I own it is the most accurate.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 62 invisible), 3,019 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.