Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just a usage update for anyone interested in this pack.

First it's stupid expensive, however, now after several years of use it's as good as new, except for the dirt and blood stains! I have had two TSA guys say to me " nice pack" I said yeah kifaru thinks so too! One guy said: " are you a hunter" I think there was some blood staining on it at the time for my bowhunting trip to Texas. I has pulled out of line in Atlanta and had to dump the contents when the beagle identified me as having meat, or explosives. I was told the dog checks for both. I described my work in South Africa which involved meat, blood, and gun powder. They were so proud of the dog they forgot about me and I was sent back into the customs line.

I did not like this pack as much as I hoped ....... until I bought the frame. Once the frame was in it was a completely different experience. I also added a pocket to the front, Not sure of the name but it's a top opening pocket about 6" square and 2" front to back. Another must have for me.

Being such a small pack it's constantly over stuffed. Amazing what you can shove into a Kifaru and not bust a zipper! This pack is used for much of my travels, scouting and 100% for my tree stand bowhunting gear. I think this is where it shines. I can put in everything I need for the sit in the stand in this pack, it's just a perfect design for this. I have waxed the zippers to make them open and close a little quieter, and easier. They are quite stiff when new.

I would like a tip or suggestion on how to get the side pocket bungie closures to grip better. Those push button locks that squeeze the bungie do not stay tight. the bungie just pulls back through the little push button gizmo. If I could close those side pockets better it would be a huge help.

Over all there is not much better quality possible. Equal but not likely better. The Material is light weight, I also have a spike camp which has thicker heavier material. Is it worth the bucks? That's up to you, I think you could use this pack for a decade and it would not show any wear. I like it, I have shoved so much into this and forced the zippers shut. I never even worry about it anymore, I just shove stuff in and zip it up! I have no buyers remorse at all.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The zippy is the one without a hip belt/pad, right?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I think you can mix and match and have any combination you want with Kifaru equipment . However I don't think there would ever be a need for a padded hip belt on a Zippy, the capacity is too small and the frame not really suited to a heavy load.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I was thinking of getting a Zippy but my Scout with Mini Longs keeps going and going...

There is also the Antero in the same size range that kinda looks more civilian.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Great edc pack.
Buy once, cry once.

Retired and loving it.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 18 invisible), 1,268 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,227
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.