Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
This year was unusual in that I actually bought two, the Black Butte and the Summerfest. That was two months ago and there's still one bottle of BBP left.

All in all, I'd rather have a diet soda.

I'd like you to be my friend! grin

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Beer should not have fruit in it. That's just wrong.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Pacifico is about the only beer I actually crave from time to time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back in the day when I used to fish the bass tournaments, we got a case of Meister Brau given to us by our sponsor. After forcing my self to drink that, I decided that was one sponsorship I could do without. That stuff could kill a possum fercryinoutloud!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Back in the day when I used to fish the bass tournaments, we got a case of Meister Brau given to us by our sponsor. After forcing my self to drink that, I decided that was one sponsorship I could do without. That stuff could kill a possum fercryinoutloud!

Been years since I heard the name " Meister Brau"

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Come on? Cousin Eddy's drink? Chitter's full.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Third year in a row I missed the Centennial Creamy Stout at the Firehouse in Rapid City.. My timing sux.. They were gonna open a new batch about 3-4 days AFTER I had returned home..

mad

That stuff is the BEST stout I've ever had... bar none.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
SweetWater Extra Pale Ale followed by a Full Nelson Mountain Pale Ale.
And Deschutes is putting a brewery in about 30 miles east this year in Roanoke so I guess I need to start sampling some of theirs.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fishnpbr
Just got home from my favorite pub, 5 long neck PBR's and some pizza.

I like PBR....can't find it in bottles around here though and I don't like drinking from a can so I put it in a glass....makes me look fancy...

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like wheat beer like Franziskaner Weissbier with hot wings of soft pretzels with mustard. The drafts have more body than the bottles. 2 is my normal limit, but I have broken that rule, and my wife drives.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Terryk
I like wheat beer like Franziskaner Weissbier with hot wings of soft pretzels with mustard. The drafts have more body than the bottles. 2 is my normal limit, but I have broken that rule, and my wife drives.

I'm a hop head, but Widmer makes a really good wheat beer. It's unfiltered, so gently invert several times to re-suspend the yeasty goodness!
[Linked Image]

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
If I have a choice and am drinking, I prefer alaskan amber. Will do Shiner Bock also.

But beer is just heavy anymore. 1 is usually all I will drink, a few times a year generally.

I might be peer pressured into a high life now and then.

Would prefer beam and something or scotch, on the rocks or not...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

When you come to camp this year, we'll have to get to Doc G's in DuBois. It's a micro brew/restaurant that opened last Dec. or so and has some pretty good stuff including one they call "Down with Trousers". I haven't tried that one yet, mostly I get the 3rd Ward Red.

Currently drinking a Straub Amber. Straub's not a microbrewery but a small family brewery in St. Mary's that's been around a long time.

Dale

This space for rent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i was very pleased to find Barley Brown's Pallet Jack IPA on tap in Ukiah, OR (pop. tiny) when we came down from elk camp to eat dinner one night. That's a fantastic IPA, IMHO!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Alaskan Amber, Breckinridge Avalanche, Colorado native Amber, all good beers. Brewery in Whitehorse Yukon Territory that makes a English pale ale it's called Yukon gold that stuff is pretty damn good. I also like silver gulch brewery Amber as well.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Terryk

I'm a hop head, but Widmer makes a really good wheat beer. It's unfiltered, so gently invert several times to re-suspend the yeasty goodness!
[Linked Image]

You have two good breweries in your back yard st Elias and kenai brewing and you are drinking Widmer brothers shame on you 😁

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been drinking more pilsner and kolsch style beers lately. I love a good pils.

Best IPA I've had in a while was made for an ALS fund raiser called Ales for ALS.

A local hop farm, Loftus, supplied participating breweries with a custom blend of experimental and commercial hops. It made easily one of my favorite IPAs.

Great cause. List of participating breweries:

http://www.alesforals.com/Brewers.aspx

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Enjoying a glass of Kassik's pale moon ale. Morning wood ipa and doublewood ipa follow me home regularly. Nice to have a good micro brewery 3 miles away.

Last edited by Dan_H; 08/16/16.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Unless something has changed recently, I find St Elias to be particularly poor. The only beer that is drinkable is their 'Farmer's Friend' and I would give that a C+. They have some others that I'd just as soon not have a beer.

Kenai River brewing makes some good ones that I've had when out.

As DanH stated, Kassiks is pretty good and dependably so.

Wheat beer seems to be a difficult beer to make, based on my experience. Too many have an off flavor and seem skunky. The Widmer is almost as good as the Boulevard wheat out of Kansas city.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

455 members (17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 35 invisible), 1,701 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,229
Posts18,447,713
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.