Campfire Outfitter
Sorry, double post.

Last edited by SockPuppet; 07/30/16.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yep, beats hanging it on the roof. I re-mounted my switch to the right of the headlight switch. The little red led bothered me at night so I hid it from view, behind the blinker knobber.....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That works. It was awfully nice of Ford to leave 4 extra wires that run through the firewall, so wiring was pretty easy. Mine also had a key-on power wire under the dash by the gas pedal that wasn't used

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I loaded the citori, trap bag, and the trap club food for grilling out tonight into my pick up.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Finally getting a bed liner sprayed in. Have a appt coming up for a Line X platinum this week. Been hauling a lot of rock and dirt and the bed has taken a pretty good beating. Should look good again soon.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Installed a steering brace from Dodge Off-road on my new Power Wagon....really noticed a difference and tightened up the steering.

Rob
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Tranny filter/fluid change and an alignment on my '99 F150 4x4.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
New Bilstein shocks and air lift air bags on the 2500HD

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
First oil change for my truck...put in some Amsoil 0-40W. Good for the rest of the season now.

Rob
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Days are getting shorter so time to get things ready in anticipation of a busy fall hunting season that will be starting soon, then a busy ice fishing and spearing season.

Yesterday did my yearly oil change (Mobile 1) Also rotated wheels, changed air filter, and replaced a burned out high beam.

I also went through and took inventory of contents which includes rifle and .22 ammo, tow chain, jumper cables, multitool, heavy wool shirt, extra wool gloves, wool stocking cap, folding knife, among other things…Prior to deer opener I will throw in a shovel and other winter essentials necessary for comfort in the event of an extended period of time stuck out in the cold.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by cabindweller
Days are getting shorter so time to get things ready in anticipation of a busy fall hunting season that will be starting soon, then a busy ice fishing and spearing season.

Yesterday did my yearly oil change (Mobile 1) Also rotated wheels, changed air filter, and replaced a burned out high beam.

I also went through and took inventory of contents which includes rifle and .22 ammo, tow chain, jumper cables, multitool, heavy wool shirt, extra wool gloves, wool stocking cap, folding knife, among other things…Prior to deer opener I will throw in a shovel and other winter essentials necessary for comfort in the event of an extended period of time stuck out in the cold.

Sounds like you have it all figured out, except for having the right truck. Next time, buy one that won't get you stuck in the winter... laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last week my 06 ram clocked 150k so it was time to change all the fluids. Spent the afternoon gathering up fluids and filters and didn't get a chance them that day. My son proceeded to total out the truck that evening frown

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Your 06? Holy hell....my 14 has 71K on it already. grin

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
My son proceeded to total out the truck that evening frown

CRAP!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Son ok? If so, the rest is details. Just think of how pissed you would be if he totaled it the day after you changed everything out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's fine, which is all that matters. Considering he was just about to turn onto an un-divided highway that is notorious for head on's I was glad that if he was going to wreck he picked a good spot. It was hard to believe how bad the truck was because he called up with a calm voice and said that he'd hit the guard rail and the truck was on it's side.

[Linked Image]

It really was a freak accident as he's driven that road covered with snow and ice with no problems. He couldn't have been going that fast as he hit the guard rail shortly after exiting the turn spinning to the left and then over correcting to the right.

I did learn one thing, diesel trucks have great resale. 10 year old truck with 150k miles and still worth over half what I paid for it new.

I've been enjoying not having had car payments for quite a few years, but it's looking like that's going to change. I'm also debating a trip down to Idaho to get a new one from Dave Smith motors and having a little road trip to get it back.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Glad the boy is OK Paul. i understand the feeling as you know. This phone call was "I borrowed the truck , it went off the road and dented the hood". Fricken hood was about the only thing NOT dented.

Uh-huh.

[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did find out most everyone on our street are decent people as all but one car stopped to see if he was ok and if we needed help. Even had a Dr. offer to check him out. I said he's ok, until he gets home. Mostly joking as I'm really not mad at him.

The only real hassle is having five people in the house trying to get by with two cars.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I could loan you this one!

[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
The only real hassle is having five people in the house trying to get by with two cars.

There would only be 4 in my house sharing. One would be hoofing it, until he could buy his own wheels and pay his own insurance. Yeah, chit happens....But nothing like some ol' fashioned financial responsibility to teach good driving habits......grin

Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
691 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 75 invisible), 2,754 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.