Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
MOGC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Missouri Conservation Agents recently arrested three men from Minnesota that killed 101 squirrels on a couple of northern Missouri public conservation areas. The limit for squirrels is 10 per hunter per day with a total possession limit of 20 squirrels total per hunter. Can't imagine traveling out of state to poach squirrels.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Wonder how many days it took them?? Places must be loaded.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
MOGC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I think it was one days take. I've seen times when I could have killed one heck of a lot of squirrels on a long day. Especially so with a shotgun.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Saw some squirrel hunters from Minnesota on a North Mo public area last year while bowhunting. Were they Asian?

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
MOGC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know their ethnicity. Hmong, ya think? They have a reputation as poachers.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Bag limits on tree rats are a joke. But, rules are rules...and must be enforced.

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC
Missouri Conservation Agents recently arrested three men from Minnesota that killed 101 squirrels on a couple of northern Missouri public conservation areas. The limit for squirrels is 10 per hunter per day with a total possession limit of 20 squirrels total per hunter. Can't imagine traveling out of state to poach squirrels.

Can't imagine skinning 101 squirrels, even with two guys helping!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hmong? I don't know, definitely Asian though. A whole damn family (men,women and kids) in 3 or 4 different vehicles. All had Minnesota plates. I found it quite odd at the time. It is rare to see out of state bow hunters there, let alone squirrel hunters.

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
MOGC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Bag limits on tree rats are a joke. But, rules are rules...and must be enforced.

About thirty years ago I know of two old timers around here that got into an argument about who was the better squirrel hunter. They decided to have a squirrel tournament and went to the woods together one cool October morning. Once there they split up agreeing to meet back at the truck at noon straight up. I don't remember exactly which one won the event but the thing that stuck with me was that one of the old guys killed 68 squirrels with a single shot Winchester M37 12 gauge. This old man always bought a 30" full choke, then sawed off 2" of barrel claiming that gave him the perfect amount of choke for squirrels and rabbits.

I remember they said they cleaned squirrels from noon until dark. The one said he killed so many that he made two trips back to the truck to unload his harvested squirrels because they were getting hard to manage. I assume the other guy killed about as many or more. Like I said, I don't remember who won. I do know these old fellers cleaned them the hard way by splitting the hide across the back and pulling from there. I'd bet those squirrels were a mess by the time those old geezers got done wrestling them around.

Last edited by MOGC; 09/05/16.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We at times have an influx of Asians or Russians chasing mushrooms in the spring the year after substantial fires. They are usually quite famous for being completely ignorant of game regs. Will live off the land to the maximum.

An acquaintance was once running a west side deer check station. About 3 carloads of Russians approached and there were deer inside and outside the rigs for every man woman and child aboard. Not one of the animals had been unzipped.

1Minute
IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Hmong don't skin their squirrels. They toss them into a campfire in the "round". The fire takes care of the hair. Choice items of the cooked insides, are also consumed.
I had a scoutmaster that was native American about 6 decades ago. He would bring some live chickens and a 5 gallon bucket of wet creek bottom clay to camp outings. He would chop off the heads, work the wet clay into the feathers to encase the chickens and toss them into our campfire. When the clay was baked hard, the chickens were raked out of the fire. The clay was cracked and peeled which removed the feathers. The bird inside was nicely steamed. The heart, livers and outside slices of gizzards were tasty also.

Last edited by Badgerloader; 09/14/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know of 2 fellows that got 42 one morning. Guy shooting the shotgun stopped at 25 and the guy shooting the .22 stopped at 17.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Badgerloader
Hmong don't skin their squirrels. They toss them into a campfire in the "round". The fire takes care of the hair. Choice items of the cooked insides, are also consumed.
I had a scoutmaster that was native American about 6 decades ago. He would bring some live chickens and a 5 gallon bucket of wet creek bottom clay to camp outings. He would chop off the heads, work the wet clay into the feathers to encase the chickens and toss them into our campfire. When the clay was baked hard, the chickens were raked out of the fire. The clay was cracked and peeled which removed the feathers. The bird inside was nicely steamed. The heart, livers and outside slices of gizzards were tasty also.

I found an article in a magazine of Boys life that described how to do that and followed the instructions, the chicken came out edible it wouldn't compare to a KFC chicken but it was interesting to try it. Our camp dog really liked it.

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by xverminator
Hmong? I don't know, definitely Asian though. A whole damn family (men,women and kids) in 3 or 4 different vehicles. All had Minnesota plates. I found it quite odd at the time. It is rare to see out of state bow hunters there, let alone squirrel hunters.

X-VERMINATOR

Been around those Hmong idiots a lot while living in MN.. they enjoy " hunting" if you could call it that...

I've seen then up around Orrock MN, on Federal lands up there... 20 plus of them, in two old rusty station wagons.. out of St Paul.

Hunting at Orrock which wasn't far from home.... I've been shot at more than once by them.... as they were just shooting in the direction where they heard some noise..... once had two of them unload both of their shotguns in my direction, when in a grove of trees...I had flattened on the ground after the first two shots...both of them fired 4 more times each... when they started to reload, I fired a couple of shots in the air, in their direction at a 45 degree angle over their heads..

they were yelling in broken English "Don't shoot"....I yelled at them hands up...which they complied...

marched them back to the parking lot for that locale.. told them to drop their shot guns...hands up...
I threw their shot guns in the right floor of my car, and then had them hand over the keys to their car...

half a mile up the road, I stopped where they could see me in the distance, and tossed their shot guns into a hedge...
a little further up the road, I threw their car keys out the window into a ditch full of water...left them stranded out there as it was getting dark....

Learned to hate being around Hmong out in the woods when hunting...later on, there was a couple of hunters out of St Cloud that were shot by Hmong that were just shooting in the direction of sounds in the woods...

but because they were immigrants, typical DFL ran Minnesota wouldn't prosecute them, always saying they didn't know any better...only thing laws meant to Hmong were don't get caught.... Hmong poached like crazy, season or no season... and they throw their trash all over the place....

Illegal immigrants here in Oregon from Mexico and Latin America, aren't much better.. as they poach like crazy....and litter all over the place...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We see em up here now!

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I think I'm about the last squirrel hunter in NY. Haven't run into anybody else out hunting squirrels in 30 years. We still have a limit of 6 per day and it's completely unnecessary considering how few hunt them anymore. About all anybody's interested in these days is deer and turkey.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
more squirrels in town than in the woods here timber companys cut down all trees then plant just pine

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Regards the chicken, I saw a movie a few years ago where africans roasted a white hunter that way.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Regards the chicken, I saw a movie a few years ago where africans roasted a white hunter that way.

Originally Posted by websterparish47

Well that brought the mood down.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Badgerloader

I have done ducks this way the only difference is I did eviscerate them, wrapped in clay and bake turned out very enjoyable. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
716 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 89 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,696
Posts18,399,917
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.