Print Thread
Hop To
R
RIO7 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Walked out of the house, went garage got in my jeep, started it up and a illegal jumped up between my jeep and my pickup.I damn near shot him, he was sleeping between the jeep and my truck,he wanted to pay me to take him to Dallas, I have had illegals every where on this ranch but that was a first for me. Rio7

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RIO7
Walked out of the house, went garage got in my jeep, started it up and a illegal jumped up between my jeep and my pickup.I damn near shot him, he was sleeping between the jeep and my truck,he wanted to pay me to take him to Dallas, I have had illegals every where on this ranch but that was a first for me. Rio7

Should have given him a ride....it would have been an act of love according to Jeb Bush.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That would have upset me, also. I'm surprised Smoke didn't find him. Be careful!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Damn! Be careful Blue!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
RIO7 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Illegal was sleeping by the right front tire and I didn't see him till he stood up, he had made camp in my garage had his cell phone plugged in, and had a picnic in front of the jeep, this crap is getting old, can't wait to get someone who try's to enforce our border control. Rio7

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Hmmm? Sounds like he was a bit more "well to do" compared To the usual suspects.

Founder

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably looking for His sack of goodies that Randy stole. grin Also means that you have a mashed down place in your new fence somewhere. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, that's a little out there.

I had a ranch in Uvalde, and would come stay overnight in the ranch house quite often. Bring fresh groceries, stay a few days... that sort of thing.

No central A/C in the old house, but had a window unit in my bedroom. You needed a/c to sleep, so I turned it on. I sleep with my .45 1911 close at hand. In this case, on the nightstand.

Woke up the next morning, and went in the kitchen to make coffee and noticed most of my groceries were gone, and all of my Dr. Peppers were missing.

Called the sheriff's dept. and the Border Patrol. Before they got there, I had trailed the wetbacks following tracks in the sand, and very obvious trail of Dr. Pepper cans. Was holding them when border patrol arrived.

I still hate to think what would have happened to them had I woken up to pee, or they had opened my bedroom door.

Those window unit a/c's are nice, but damn, you can't hear boogers like you need to. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Barry! The pup would have come in handy!!! My dogs raise holy hell when something bumps the place!

Founder

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Barry! The pup would have come in handy!!! My dogs raise holy hell when something bumps the place!

Yeah, Bandit does too! grin

His hearing makes up for my lack of it!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

R
RIO7 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Smoke, does not bark unless someone opens a door to come in the house, she does not give a damn what's going on outside. and she is very people friendly, she has to be to deal with all the people that we take hunting. It would be nice if she was a little better watch dog. I keep a shooter close at hand all the time. Rio7

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Amazing how little concern the non-border parts of the country have for this sort of thing.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by g5m
Amazing how little concern the non-border parts of the country have for this sort of thing.

They just don't have a grasp of the situation.

They think they do, but they don't. Not even remotely.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Some years back when I was a oil lease pumper, I got a call about 2 am from the answering service telling me I had some engines down on a location between Andrews and Odessa. I loaded up grabbing my Smith 357 on the way out the door. Very cold February morning. When I got to the location, I determined the magneto had failed so started changing using the headlights for light. As I was timing the magneto, I started getting the Heebee Geebees. I eased back to the truck and got my pistol and stuck it in my waist band under my coat, and went back to work. When the cab light came on, I turned around to find a wetback getting in on the passenger side and two more hiding behind the tailgate. I showed them my pistol and they didn't offer any arguement. They had no coats and were very cold. I walked them over to my heated office/storage building, turned the heat on for them. I then radioed the answering service and had them send some deputies. The deputies showed up in less than 10 minutes, cause they were in the area hunting these guys. The wets had been in a knife fight and stole a car in Odessa. They had wrecked the car not far from my location. Orginally there had been four of them, but one was injured in the wreck and died of exposure before they found him.

I've often wondered what would have happened if I hadn't grabbed my pistol that night in violation of company policy.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The clown that put up a post about my "putting out water for illegals" sure looks to be a hit and run artist,...never replied to my response, or question.

not even remotely dittos, Barry.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Retired cat herder.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dang Blue... I'd have given him a ride. Right to the first Border Patrol checkpoint...

Let them figure out what to do with the poor lost soul.

Glad you're safe !

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The irony is if you would have got caught giving him a ride you would have landed in a jail cell and he would have gotten welfare and food stamps....

R
RIO7 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Over the years we have had them break into the camp houses and take food, we don't lock the doors, if we lock the doors then they kick the door down and then we have a robbed camp and a broken door, Fieldgrade, is right we don't give them a ride any where. They have more rights than ranch owner does. Rio7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (44automag, 338reddog, 4xbear, 673, 444Matt, 257robertsimp, 15 invisible), 1,689 guests, and 979 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,187
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.