Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

- Rogue
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Reason #27 why I don't live up there

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And here I am in effing Florida and can't wait to leave.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by tzone
Don't drive in MN or WI.
And don't even think about driving a Ford.

Fords are fine. Try a carwash. lol

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Don't drive in MN or WI.

Or IL.

Dave

That's a given.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MELONITE..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't drive in MN or WI.

Or IL.

Dave

What if I have my ffl and my concealed weapons permits from Oregon, Washington and Idaho taped to my passenger side window on my truck?? I should be good right??

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S
Don't drive in MN or WI.

Or IL.

Dave

What if I have my ffl and my concealed weapons permits from Oregon, Washington and Idaho taped to my passenger side window on my truck?? I should be good right??

You're more golden than Pony Boy.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI
And here I am in effing Florida and can't wait to leave.

Cut them floats off that Chevy and come on up! grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
KEVIN_JAY,

"Fluid Film" is the way to go. The navy has used it for years. I buy a couple of gallons a Year at NAPA, spray it on the Vehicles, no rust issues.

Edit to add, the underside only!"

Yes!

The catch is that most people don't have the facilities to access the whole underside of a vehicle or deal with the mess involved.

It also needs to be applied inside body panels and doors that are difficult to get to.

Special tools are available to spray inside the hidden areas from automotive suppliers and:

http://www.eastwood.com/

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Jack up the vehicle. Remove tires. Cover rubber parts. Yup, bit of work.

Then spray a coating of Linseed Oil on the metal. It creates a bond to the metal and becomes a "finish". If the metal is new it will not rust. If the metal has a bit of rust it will get under it and put a halt to it.

Every few years repeat.

I do this to my trucks and after 12-13 years they have zero rust on the under body.

Damn straight.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by speedsixman
KEVIN_JAY,

"Fluid Film" is the way to go. The navy has used it for years. I buy a couple of gallons a Year at NAPA, spray it on the Vehicles, no rust issues.

Edit to add, the underside only!"

Yes!

The catch is that most people don't have the facilities to access the whole underside of a vehicle or deal with the mess involved.

It also needs to be applied inside body panels and doors that are difficult to get to.

Special tools are available to spray inside the hidden areas from automotive suppliers and:

http://www.eastwood.com/

Myron

Many around here go to the Garages that offer the Service. They all charge around $150 per vehicle. As I have everything to do the job myself, I can do three Vehicles for less than $70. Worth it to me for sure.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a 1966 vehicle that I sold a couple years ago. It was in remarkable condition and I got a good price. On one window there was a small decal from and undercoating shop.

I'm a believer that undercoating 'can' be done in an effective way to preserve value if done correctly.

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
when we bought our new super duty i had the guy that does the sprayh in bed liners do the undercoating and up to the trim line on the rockers of the truck they color matched it to the paint and except for the testure it hard to tell from a distance. was 1150 for all of it and inside of the box sides. but the shop claims no rust and guarantee it for as long as i own the vehicle. cheap ins in my mind

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I had a buck for every rusty car with a Ziebart or other rustproof sticker in Dad's salvage...
Truth is, if it ain't done right, it's worse than nothing. It starts to flake or peal, trapping h2o and salt next to the metal.
In the fall, we used to spray 90weight gear oil on the underside and in panels of our wrecker and daily drivers that were exposed to water. The excess dripped off, but most stayed there all winter.
The best answer to salt and water exposure (other than storage) is fresh clean water from a car wash pressure hose about once a week.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Trade every 2 years welcome to the Midwest

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
KEVIN_JAY,

"I have everything to do the job myself, I can do three Vehicles for less than $70"

Kevin,
Where did you get your tools to spray inside doors, rocker panels, boxed frame rails, etc. ?

I have never used the Eastwood stuff, so don't know how they stack up to anything else.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
old trick................ get some non-detergent oil, a few bars of canning wax, heat the oil, drop in a bar of wax,stir till melted, spray vehicle, repeat as necesary. the stuff cools just like cosmoline. Drill a couple a holes in the bottom of yer doors , spray up in there, cap the hole w/plastic plug of the correct diameter. GTG

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Don't drive in MN or WI.

Or IL.

Dave

You're more golden than Pony Boy.

Dave

Sweet thanks man I will swing by and pick you up.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Galvanized steel and fiberglass lower body panels.

Mercedes and Porsche.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

357 members (1lesfox, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 37 invisible), 1,913 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,602
Posts18,454,655
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.