Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
After learning that the rangers of Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks carry the Sig Sauer P229 in 40 S&W as their sidearm I would like to know where they get their leather gear.

[Linked Image]

Does anyone of you forum members know who the maker of holsters, belts and pouches is?

Elmer Keith
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That's a fine pistol and damn nice duty rig, especially for a bunch of possum cops.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My guess would be that they bought their own (i.e.: not provided by the department and therefore not standard issue).

Nice looking rigs. "Possum Cops", that's funny, had't heard that one before. grin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They're kindly referred to as "Rabbit Sheriffs" and "Possum Police" around here.

Last edited by 41magfan; 10/05/16.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Noticed on the show "Wardens" that their leather seemed to be some unusually nice stuff.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
That stuff is very typical for what use to be carried quite a bit on sheriff's departments, at least. I have a set similar to that, but dark brown per the colors used at that time. Bianchi was a provider of a lot of it. If i remember right bianchi was originally a cop in southern california that got into the leather business.
high quality stuff, i am still using a couple of holsters that i used in the 70's.
they have those little "keepers" belt snaps to hold the duty belt to the pants belt. You just about needed to use suspenders for the weight of a lot of that stuff.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
notice the guy on the right, where is right hand is. One of my thumb break holsters is permently stretched out by me using the gun/holster as a arm rest.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably not the most high tech of duty leather, but it sure is good looking. Them boys have a good sense of style about them...but they are missing proper cover for their melons.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T

Friend is a stock inspector and I believe those that I have seen carry, have similar rigs. I'll ask him and if no luck there, I will ask a local warden.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Those are some damn fine looking River Belts. They were my long favorite and I used them whenever policy and good conscience allowed.

Holsters look like Tex Shoemaker or Ted Blocker.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
That stuff is very typical for what use to be carried quite a bit on sheriff's departments, at least. I have a set similar to that, but dark brown per the colors used at that time. Bianchi was a provider of a lot of it. If i remember right bianchi was originally a cop in southern california that got into the leather business.
high quality stuff, i am still using a couple of holsters that i used in the 70's.
they have those little "keepers" belt snaps to hold the duty belt to the pants belt. You just about needed to use suspenders for the weight of a lot of that stuff.

My right hand always rested on my gun and my left was always rested on my OC spray holder. ..just comfortable that way

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Those are each different rigs, so likely personal choice

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The sideways covered mag pouches drive me insane. Other than that, sharp rigs. That being said, looking sharp would not be adequate reason for me to five up modern materials and technology.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
then stay with your Uncle Mikes nylon......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by liliysdad
The sideways covered mag pouches drive me insane. Other than that, sharp rigs. That being said, looking sharp would not be adequate reason for me to five up modern materials and technology.

It's fast.

Although his look backward to me.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V

When they are sideways, they don't jab you in the gut as bad when seated. (if you have one).

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by deflave

It's fast.

Although his look backward to me.

Dave

Well it is Montana LOL

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Those are each different rigs, so likely personal choice

What makes you think they are different rigs?

And sideways mags on your strong side front, openings facing midline are damned fast

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Their gear is made By AE nelson

Last edited by gitem_12; 10/07/16.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The OP posted this same question on the Sig forum

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
400 members (280shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1_deuce, 52 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,590
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.