Print Thread
Hop To
P
Petehm Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I'd like to take my son on a guided fly fishing trip in either Sun Valley or Park City and would like to hear opinions on guide services in either location. Also, is one location better than the other in regards to the quality of fishing in the area?

Thanks!

GB2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've done some DIY stuff up out of Sun Valley and had some great days but never a guided trip so I cant help much on that one. I am in Utah so I can help you a bit with some very good guides in this area. One of the fishiest guys I know guides on the Provo River and would be a good one to call. Larry Tullis is his name, great guy and guide. I'll try and PM you his #. You could also give Fish tech a call in Salt lake City at 801-272-8808. I used to guide out of that area in my younger days but have moved a few hours south and have a real job now. Fish tech can give you a good idea of what to expect in the area and probably even have some idea for Sun Valley.If you want to come a couple hours south of Park City let me know. I have a couple great outfitters down this way with some very good private water I can get you in touch with.

Everyone is pretty on the internet!
A
a12 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Does it have to be those two?

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
My brother in law and I fished around Sun Valley the last week in July and first week of August this past summer. We used Lost River Outfitters for some guiding (liked the guide) and fished by ourselves the rest of the time. We fished the Big Lost, Big Wood and several other streams. We were told at several outfitters, that the fishing was the "best" it had been in years. We thought it was good, but not great. The fish were of good size (I caught an honest 20" cutthroat) but were not terribly plentiful. They seemed to like a local dry fly pattern called a Purple Haze more than anything else. When we were without a guide, access to good fishing was OK but took some work. I had never been to Sun Valley before and it is gorgeous. The mountain biking and hiking were wonderful. The best part of the trip may have been the food. The restaurants were not inexpensive, but they were far better than places we had fished before. I have not fished Park City to make a comparison.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222ND, 16penny, 74 invisible), 2,764 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.