-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My oldest daughter is 11, this is her 4th deer and the 2nd one with her 300 blackout. She got this little toe head at 40 yds. It was the opening evening with nice conditions, her and grandpa got it done. The smiles are still on her faces. This the second deer she has shot with him, not sure which of the 3 of us was more tickled. [Linked Image]

This is my youngest daughter, she is 7 and this is her 3rd deer. We didnt have near the luck in seeing deer as Autumn and Grandpa did. We hunted hard Friday morning and evening, Saturday morning and evening, and Sunday morning in the Tulsa are at Grandma and Grandpa's, and nothing but the weather got windy and hot. So we made the plan of leaving Tulsa early to get back home and see what we could do on the closing evening of youth season. Low and behold we spotted 2 yearling at a pretty good stretch and the way the wind was blowing didnt have much option to get closer. I had figured on a longer shot so i brought the ruger american predator in 6.5 creedmoor. I had just got it and sighted in the week before and knew it was ready. I got her steady resting the rifle on my backpack. I stressed to her that trigger control would make or break the shot at that distance and coached her on the reticle and where she needed to hold. After getting ready twice and then the deer moving one of them finally stood still long enough for her to send the 140gr Amax its way. We seen dust kick up behind them and they both bolted, with a sad face she looked at me and said "i may have missed daddy" but about that time we seen a bigger cloud of dust as it rolled up in the dirt, then with a big smile i hear " i knew i was holding where you told me to daddy". My 7 year old daughter had made a perfect shot at 277 yards, it was an awesome day to be a dad. Just so happened it was my birthday also and as we was dressing out the deer she told me she was sorry for making me clean a deer on my birthday, i assured her it didnt get much better than that.
[Linked Image]

Lifetime Christian

NRA Lifetime Member

Had rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Your 9mm should expand but my 45 wont shrink.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Good stuff... congrats to you all and happy birthday...

Public landowner...
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks

Lifetime Christian

NRA Lifetime Member

Had rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Your 9mm should expand but my 45 wont shrink.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Congrats....

there is nothing more rewarding than to see the smile on the face of a youngster when they take a deer, especially their first one...

Kudos to a proud dad also!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Seafire
Congrats....

there is nothing more rewarding than to see the smile on the face of a youngster when they take a deer, especially their first one...

Kudos to a proud dad also!

I'll echo the sentiments of my friend John. Congratulations to your family!

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good work girls and old guys! Great memories.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Very cool Congrats to all.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Pretty cool
Like to see the girls out there

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 19 invisible), 1,366 guests, and 865 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,219
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.