-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No 9.3 barrels. What are they thinking..

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by teal
You missed the bullseye.

I wasn't aiming at the bulls eye... there was this fly that had landed right on that one spot.... grin

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Seafire
Years ago I use to go over and watch the guys who did a 1000 yd shoot every other month...

Like anything there was the regular crowd guys who always love to dominate the competition...

However they cursed when two different guys would show up, as they regularly beat the "REGULARS"...

ONE was a shop teacher, who built himself a 6 BR with a one in 7 twist....

The other, was a young 18 yr old kid, whose dad was one of the regulars... the kid was from Alaska like his dad, and was an Eskimo....

He use to beat the regular crowd also... he worked part time for $8 and hour and was still going to high school.. he bought the one gun he had saved up for during a summer of mowing lawns etc....

A plain jane Savage in 260, a Model 11....paid $300 for it brand new, when that was the list price on them...or close to it...He'd clean the clocks of the others whenever he came with his dad... He liked my load data I shared with him a lot...

The "REGULARS" hated him for that rifle he had.. a real cheap factory off the shelf Savage.....

I think what pissed them off all the more was tho his optics... once again, "all he could afford".. a $75 Tasco World Class Plus in 4 x 16....

The Rifle did its job, so did the Tasco, and being young and with good eyesight, a lot of the older guys didn't...

I don't think I ever saw the kid lose...to "The Regulars"...

and between him and the High School Shop teacher.. it usually was nip and tuck, and a coin toss who would win.. when both of them showed up...

No flies on the Savage...

Sounds like a tale straight out of Peabody's Improbably History.

Well it might... but it wasn't...

but one can take it or leave it as they please...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bugger
While I still think the Savage is a good buy for what you are looking for,

it still doesn't mean I wouldn't suggest the ER Shaw barrel in 260...

This is a pic of the target of an ER Shaw barrel in 260, that I put on a Model 70 action... this was just sighting in the new barrel...

[Linked Image]

No flies on it either...

Dang only one bullet hit the paper! 😁

grin

Shhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone.. it'll just be our secret... whistle

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Years ago I use to go over and watch the guys who did a 1000 yd shoot every other month...

Like anything there was the regular crowd guys who always love to dominate the competition...

However they cursed when two different guys would show up, as they regularly beat the "REGULARS"...

The other, was a young 18 yr old kid, whose dad was one of the regulars... the kid was from Alaska like his dad, and was an Eskimo....

He use to beat the regular crowd also... he worked part time for $8 and hour and was still going to high school.. he bought the one gun he had saved up for during a summer of mowing lawns etc....

A plain jane Savage in 260, a Model 11....paid $300 for it brand new, when that was the list price on them...or close to it...He'd clean the clocks of the others whenever he came with his dad... He liked my load data I shared with him a lot...

The "REGULARS" hated him for that rifle he had.. a real cheap factory off the shelf Savage.....

I think what pissed them off all the more was tho his optics... once again, "all he could afford".. a $75 Tasco World Class Plus in 4 x 16....

The Rifle did its job, so did the Tasco, and being young and with good eyesight, a lot of the older guys didn't...

and between him and the High School Shop teacher.. it usually was nip and tuck, and a coin toss who would win.. when both of them showed up...

As Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote for his most famous character over 125 years ago; "How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?".

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

As Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote for his most famous character over 125 years ago; "How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?".

Occam?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
What is Occam?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Occam's Razor: Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[Linked Image]

And it WOBBLED whistle grin

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jwall
[Linked Image]

And it WOBBLED whistle grin

Jerry

grin grin grin

Yes it did....you'd think an 85 grain Sierra HP would be stabilized with a one in 8 twist, wouldn't ya?

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 52 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,241
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.