Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The pot industry is YUGE....
Now building plastic injection molds for pot containers.
Different sizes and different colors.
Pretty nice work.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Taxes are never revoked. Whare the funds go to is a different story.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
These hit and run posts are a PITA,....you'd think the OP would take the time to respond.

GTC

he probably burned a fatty and has been watching ren and stimpy reruns all day.

My diploma is a DD214
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
In much of the country a significant percentage of drivers are already driving around stoned every day. We may not notice much difference after legalization.
[[

That is the real thing to understand; there are already smokers out there. Just like prohibition, when no one drank anything until it was repealed.

The 2 things that concern me are greedy governments taxing too high creating another opportunity for smugglers; and the potency of some of the stuff compared to what would be available if it had never been outlawed.

As for taxes, does it matter if I pay the feds, or the state? It is still my money. I guess what I need to do is figure some way for someone else to pay taxes, then use the money for my benefit.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kennyd

As for taxes, does it matter if I pay the feds, or the state? It is still my money. I guess what I need to do is figure some way for someone else to pay taxes, then use the money for my benefit.

At least at the state level we have a more influential say in how that tax money is spent, and more of a say how much we are taxed.

And yes, I think the locoweed tax here in Colorado is as high as it can possily go without creating another illicit industry. The best thing the legal side of locoweed has going for it is apparently quality--I had no idea there were so many versions on that stuff..........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it's just as believe able as a super slick wonder lube that adds 200 fps to any given round

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I was reading an article about the effects of legalizing marijuana and despite a fear of possibly increased accidents caused by all of those stoners suddenly driving,
If the author truly thought legalization was the impetus to smoking followed by driving, he is far from an intellectual. Pot users driving stoned have been with us for decades. They're the ones the rest of us cuss for driving the speed limit.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You didn't read it, did you?

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't smoke or shoot drugs Drink some but very little.If people are going into pot Go for it the states make money but H and the rest of drugs no way just my point of thought. Drinking smoking pot and driving no

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Dutch
Spend a billion to chase Cheech and Chong around, or collect a billion.

How f'n hard is this to comprehend?

BLM, Mexican gang violence, the militarization of our police, the bizarre level of incarceration in this country, the extraordinary level of drug od's : all of it has it's roots in the war on drugs, and it's utter failure.

We're living in a police state, and think nothing of it.
Here in west Nebraska, the Sheriff Departments and State Patrol are wasting millions on patrolling highways and chasing potentially illegal pot buyers/transporters on our borders while the child abusers, meth brewers conduct business as usual.

Last edited by ST50; 11/21/16.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back in college when beer was more popular than weed (at my college anyway) a friend of some friends got into that [bleep]. Watched him skip classes, drop grades and generally circle the drain until our mutual friends intervened. Successfully. Taught me all I needed to know about it.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most of my college buddies dropped out because they were too hung over to go to class. one roommate got his ass kicked when he was drunk and mouthing off, and ended up with his jaw wired shut.

Yeah, alcohol is such a benevolent drug......

Most of the potheads were a little paranoid, and their pizza bill was a little high, but they did ok.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drinking age in upstate NY was 18 then. Sure, that was a problem for some but not like weed. With Rockefeller drug laws the potheads were way paranoid but kept tokin' anyway.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Binary morality is always easier to defend.

"This" thing (which by the way is the thing I use) is all good, people who use it are all responsible and it never causes any problems.
But "that" thing (which by the way is the thing all those loser asswholes use) is all bad, people who use it are all pathetic idiots and it does nothing but cause problems.

The reality is that some people can’t handle alcohol and it interferes in their lives from minor problems to total ruination. Some people can handle alcohol and never suffer much more than an occasional hangover. Some people can’t handle pot and let it take over their lives. Some people can handle pot and never suffer much more than an occasional spacey feeling the morning after, plus having empty pizza boxes and open bags of chips lying around.

I am not for any drug but as long as people want to get intoxicated on anything we’ll never get rid of intoxicants, but the way we handle alcohol is about the best compromise I’ve seen.

You are allowed to possess and use alcohol but the minute you let your use of it cause a safety problem to others you are liable for punishment. Same standards should be applied to any other intoxicants. That allows the responsible people to use responsibly, and gives the only weapons an otherwise free country should be able to have to deter those who cannot use their intoxicant of choice responsibly.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Punctuation. Get ya some.

Originally Posted by savage62
I don't smoke or shoot drugs Drink some but very little.If people are going into pot Go for it the states make money but H and the rest of drugs no way just my point of thought. Drinking smoking pot and driving no

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It ain't about dope. It is the idea that the Feds could get money from any source other than the people in the States.

As if the Feds have another source of revenue and they use it to "contribute to the States".

Ain't a surprise to me that all of you missed his point.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
26 states and DC have laws legalizing marijuana in some form.
Here in Colorado taxes for both wholesale and retail came to 129 M or 1.3% of total tax revenue.
I personally find it a sad state of affairs the NFL continues to punish players for using it. Most of the ones that do use it, use it to deal with pain. The NFL prefers them to use opioids to deal with their pain.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by billrquimby
"It provides tax revenue to the states that the Federal Government doesn't have to contribute to."

The above appeared in a Campfire thread. Am I the only one here whose jaw dropped to his chest after reading it?

Bill Quimby

I'm the one who said it.

Check out the amount of tax revenue that Colorado has accumulated from Marijuana sales.

It's not an insignificant number.

Marijuana is a "taxed" billion dollar a year industry in Colorado.

250 Million dollars last year.

More then we collected from Cigarette taxes.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Anyone that thinks marijuana is harmless is fooling themselves. The cost will be more than the tax revenue brings in.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Anyone that thinks marijuana is harmless is fooling themselves. The cost will be more than the tax revenue brings in.

same is true of alcohol. Wanna ban it, too?

Ironically, cigarettes bring in enough taxes to cover their costs.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 12344mag, 16penny, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,634 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,306
Posts18,468,155
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.