Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 30 31
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Did this thing ever become a reality or did it fall on its face like the rest of the Forbes incarnations?

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I would call them and ask. I would also ask if it is a Forbes based action. It looked like a shaved down 700 to me,which might be OK but it certainly didn't look like the Forbes.

RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I didn't think the Barrett rifle was a ULA/Forbes but more of its own entity. All I've seen of it was the video clip from I believe the SHOT Show, but from that clip I remember seeing some differences.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It was reported that they bought the rights to the Forbes rifle and would be producing their version.

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
It was very close to the Forbes when I saw it at the NRA and the stock was almost, if not, identical.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Can it be, is it true?

Scope out the twist rates!!!

$1800 list.

https://barrett.net/firearms/fieldcraft/

https://barrett.net/2017%20Fieldcraft%20Retail.pdf

Are these shipping yet?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SS, lighter than Kimbers. Legit. Didn't get an elk w beta I had. It were mighty handy, however.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That 22-250 in a 1:7 twist might be something to check out!

RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was talking to Melvin last week, he has nothing to do with the Fieldcraft rifles. They might look like a Forbes creation but they are in fact a separate entity.

Last edited by RBO; 01/16/17.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
When do they hit the shelves?

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Wonder what the barrel contour is?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RBO
I was talking to Melvin last week, he has nothing to do with the Fieldcraft rifles. They might look like a Forbes creation but they are in fact a separate entity.

What about them looks like a Forbes? The action has milled out flats on each side. Is it a Forbes size action or is it a 700 size action that has been lightened?

RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by RBO

What about them looks like a Forbes? The action has milled out flats on each side. Is it a Forbes size action or is it a 700 size action that has been lightened?

I'm not sure about the Fieldcraft rifles, I've never seen one in real life, all I've seen is what's on the internet. I was just talking to Melvin the other day though and I specifically asked him if he had a deal going with Barrett on the Fieldcraft rifle and his response was "I have absolutely nothing to do with that".

I was hoping to have a Barrett Fieldcraft in my hands by now, with the SHOT Show happening this week I'm sure we'll have some new news early next week.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The stocks look to be very close. Pics stolen from net.

Barrett:
[Linked Image]

Forbes:
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RBO
Originally Posted by RBO

I'm not sure about the Fieldcraft rifles, I've never seen one in real life, all I've seen is what's on the internet. I was just talking to Melvin the other day though and I specifically asked him if he had a deal going with Barrett on the Fieldcraft rifle and his response was "I have absolutely nothing to do with that".

I was hoping to have a Barrett Fieldcraft in my hands by now, with the SHOT Show happening this week I'm sure we'll have some new news early next week.

I'm interested and not knocking it at all. I'm just saying that the original buzz about this rifle was that Barrett was taking over production of the Forbes rifles. You are saying Melvin doesn't have anything to do with it so that would indicate that it's not a stock built by Melvin and the action doesn't look like a Forbes. Whatever the action is, it is milled out on the sides to reduce weight.

None of that is necessarily a bad thing but it would be nice if more information was coming from Barrett about exactly what they are selling. it seems to me that the customers interested would be a lot more detail minded than the average Joe who only checks the price stickers at the local gun shop.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
i cant imagine you could take the nula size actions and mill the sides of them down...but i am only guessing at this

also the forbes stock and construction are a large part of the reason i would want a forbes rifle ...not so sure about the barret stock

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
There was a few articles last year about Barrett buying Forbes and starting production on them with better twists...but now it's not a Forbes and Melvin has nothing to do with it?

Something fishy going on over at Barrett...????

RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RBO
Originally Posted by RBO

I'm interested and not knocking it at all. I'm just saying that the original buzz about this rifle was that Barrett was taking over production of the Forbes rifles. You are saying Melvin doesn't have anything to do with it so that would indicate that it's not a stock built by Melvin and the action doesn't look like a Forbes. Whatever the action is, it is milled out on the sides to reduce weight.

None of that is necessarily a bad thing but it would be nice if more information was coming from Barrett about exactly what they are selling. it seems to me that the customers interested would be a lot more detail minded than the average Joe who only checks the price stickers at the local gun shop.

I don't think Barrett is putting a lot of water on the flames about these rifles having anything to do with Melvin because it's not going to hurt their sales if people think it's a Melvin Forbes creation.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Looking at the stock, it sure looks a lot like the one on the Stocky's Stocks website - the AG Composites stock??

Link:

https://www.stockysstocks.com/stock...-carbon-fiber-classic-sporter-stock.html

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Looking at the stock, it sure looks a lot like the one on the Stocky's Stocks website - the AG Composites stock??

Link:

https://www.stockysstocks.com/stock...-carbon-fiber-classic-sporter-stock.html

According to AG composites site they are making the stock that Barrett will use.

http://agcomposites.com/faq-2/

"What kind of rifle stocks does AG Composites manufacture?

We manufacture stocks for the Remington 700, the M1A / M14 and OEM stocks for Barrett Firearms and Bergara Rifles."

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,205
Posts18,466,093
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.