Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 31 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 30 31
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I agree with SAS, I'm sure Barrett will send a free shipping label, They are a first class bunch. I won't have any problem if My SN is involved. I did send them an email tonight with my SN asking for further advice..

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree as well SAS, I guess what I wrote above came across wrong. The registration I was talking about was the mail in warranty registration with Barrett that's in the packet from them with the voucher for the rings. Thanks very much SAS for explaining and I do agree that they are handling what appears to be a very isolated issue much much better than some other lightweight rifle mfgs did in the past. I have two Fieldcrafts rifles sitting here now that I got from you guys, for an unbeatable price I have to say, and will stand by to see if either of them are affected. I can say that they seem to be built the right way right out of the box, with no discernible flaws that I can see, and I'm just waiting on rings to go shoot.

Thanks again,
Craig

Last edited by Capt_Craig; 08/02/17.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yep, stuff happens in production...especially early in production. Immediately owning up to a problem and fixing it is the way it should be done.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
SAS,

Any info on the issue with the bolts? How extensive is it?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry,

The term "recall" I used isn't fair to Barrett. There were 10 serial numbers on the list. They suspect the Rockwell hardness with the cocking handles on the bolt may be slightly below spec. They can't be sure until they get the rifles back.

Very limited issue.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My response last night I am sure was way too quick. I absolutely agree that Barrett is staying ahead of the pack by reacting the way they are. I spoke with them and they are doing everything right to make it right with their customers.

Rob

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I spoke with Barretts sales mgr a few minutes ago and I am 100% behind Barrett. They are ahead of this issue and are making it right with customer. It is a very small isolated case along with being minor and most likely a non issue. So Kudos to them for taking the initiative to contact us and stand behind their product. Customer service is a lost entity in todays world so it is refreshing to be dealing with a company that still "gets it"

Rob

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Are these 10 all 6.5 swedes?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I received this from Barrett this morning. This is typical of Barrett's professionalism. I got lucky.

Hide original message
On Thursday, August 3, 2017 9:19 AM, Vicki Carrera <Vicki.Carrerabarrett.net> wrote:

We had a FEW rifles go out w/cocking handles just below our Rockwell hardness standards.

While probably OK, we'd rather replace the handles.  It's a minor issue and less than 30 rifles.  

W/that said, we also understand that it's a MAJOR issue for anyone that purchased the rifle and have already shot it in.

We personally spoke to all 'end user' consumers today effected by the call back.   

We understand the frustration and am trying to do everything possible to make it right w/the consumers...  

It a 'anything touched by human hands' scenario, but we certainly understand that those who are personally effected are frustrated.

Your serial number is good to go so enjoy shooting your new Fieldcraft...
Mountie Mizer
National Sales Manager
mountie.mizerbarrett.net

Office: 615-896-2938, ext 286
Cell: 615-603-4367
Fax: 615-896-7313

Barrett Firearms
PO Box 1077

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've been asked to send in my Swede, I was called yesterday and had a mailing label a few minutes after the conversation. Very nice and professional employees I've spoken with, it will be no cost to me and even sending a hat and t shirt.

I'm impressed with the rifle and the company. As soon as a 223 and/or a 22lr is released, I'll be calling my friend SAS again to place an order

David

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now that is the way to handle things, thank you Barrett and SAS! I'll definitely be buying more Barrett rifles as they roll out more calibers and hopefully some left handed rifles as well in the future. I also can't say enough great things about SAS and the entire crew at Whittaker's, not only did they have the best prices on the rifles, their customer service, communication, and ease of buying is second to none.

Thanks,
Craig

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I just took mine apart, cleaned it. I adjusted the trigger to a beautiful 2#'s. The barrel was quite dirty, so I ran a bunch of Patch Out soaked patches down the bore, all good now.

I cant believe how tiny this rifle is. The action reminds me of a Nesika J action I had on a Dakota rifle. So far I have ZERO issues or buyers remorse. Of course this could all change after my range session.

Since I don't have to send mine back to Barrett, I'll scope it tomorrow and measure throat lengths with the Berger 140VLD and Elite Hunters. These are the only 6.5 hunting bullets I have. maybe load some 42.0 - 42.2 H-4350. Hopefully load development will be quick n easy.

http://s122.photobucket.com/user/buzzsawbucket/media/IMG_1804_zpsx0rkx0gb.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Months back there was video suggesting Barrett intended to make .223 Rem sized actions for these rifles. Does anyone have more scuttle about when that may be?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you think anyone ever believes that guy when he introduces himself as Mountie Mizer?

What a cool ass name.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I been looking for info on a 223 version and still no luck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by swampkid
I been looking for info on a 223 version and still no luck.

I heard they are gonna do the .223's in left handed first.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Asked for a 250-3000,said no can do. Geez they make a 1-9 twist 25-06. Nice for a 115-117gr 250-3000. I'll pay for reamer.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have a set of 1 inch medium ring mounts that I ended up not needing as I went a different direction scope wise than I originally intended. If anyone is interested, PM me with an offer.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by snowchaser61
I just received a phone call from barrett, there is the posibility of a hardness issue with some of the bolts. They want me to ship the rifle to them so they can test it.

Just a slight clarification. The hardness issue is only with the cocking piece. No safety issue and honestly there is not even a function issue.

A "soft" cocking piece was cycled in a bolt over 1000 cycles with zero issues other than slight wear on the nose of the cam surface that ceased around 200 rounds and appeared to get no worse.

Nonetheless a few parts got out that are not perfectly to the heat treat spec, so they get replaced.

Last edited by Tennessee; 08/04/17.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by atomchaser
I have a set of 1 inch medium ring mounts that I ended up not needing as I went a different direction scope wise than I originally intended. If anyone is interested, PM me with an offer.

For the Barrett?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Tennessee
Originally Posted by snowchaser61
I just received a phone call from barrett, there is the posibility of a hardness issue with some of the bolts. They want me to ship the rifle to them so they can test it.

Just a slight clarification. The hardness issue is only with the cocking piece. No safety issue and honestly there is not even a function issue.

A "soft" cocking piece was cycled in a bolt over 1000 cycles with zero issues other than slight wear on the nose of the cam surface that ceased around 200 rounds and appeared to get no worse.

Nonetheless a few parts got out that are not perfectly to the heat treat spec, so they get replaced.

See my post above with a quote from Barrett on this issue

Page 22 of 31 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (ATC, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 11 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 727 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,670
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.