Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 31 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 30 31
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Usually surface rust like that is due to contaminated blasting media. Surface particles of non-stainless metal are blasted into the surface and then rust.

GB1

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Excellent info Alaska L, I am surprised as many would have you believe that a Tikka rifle will rust if even if a damp cloth gets within 10 feet of it.....lol....Hb

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've always had great luck using Eezox on all my rifles. I've heard CorrosionX works well too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SKane
alaska_lanche ,

To heck with the rifle, how was the deer hunt? blush

Oh, and another vote for Dyna-Tek Gun Shield.

You can even apply the stuff to Cerakote, and it'll result in a harder and more durable finish.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
EZOX works good

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
What happened to all the Kimber owners saying the reason for all the complaints with Montana inaccuracy... is because "light rifles are hard to shoot".....?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
What happened to all the Kimber owners saying the reason for all the complaints with Montana inaccuracy... is because "light rifles are hard to shoot".....?

Mine got a lot "easier to shoot" when I properly bedded it.LOL

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah I read that a few times on this site and found it ludicrous....It makes you wonder if these guys have any idea about the subject they are commenting on, i guess you can expect such off the wall craziness when so many put in their 2 cents on a particular subject, its also very entertaining to read.....lol.........Hb

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
While I'm sure Kimber put out some dogs, I don't own one. And my Montana is definitely more difficult to shoot for every person I've put behind it.

Myself excluded.

And no I don't do any "special holds" when I shoot it.

I seriously want a Fieldcraft.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My 18" threaded 6.5 Creedmoor arrived today. I'll post a range report in a week or so after mounting a leupold VX3i 2.5-8x32. I'll be using factory Precision Hunter 143gr ELD-X.

Playing the NFA wait game on a Thunderbeast Ultra 7..

Last edited by DV_Ramrod; 08/10/17. Reason: Grammar
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I get what you're saying..... Of course, heavier are easier to shoot (all other parameters being the same). I do think the grip design of the Fieldcraft/NULA stock allows for a trigger pull that seems to effect the hold less than the more open grip of the Kimber. Also think the butt/cheeckpiece design of the FC allows for more contact and a more natural hold resulting in a steadier hold than the Kimber. But...this is just for me, stock fit and grip are personal. Long way of saying the FC is easier for me to shoot than the Montana...and I'm a fan of the Montana.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I'm looking for an 18" 6.5. Who has the best pricing on these currently?
Thanks

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I get what you're saying..... Of course, heavier are easier to shoot (all other parameters being the same). I do think the grip design of the Fieldcraft/NULA stock allows for a trigger pull that seems to effect the hold less than the more open grip of the Kimber. Also think the butt/cheeckpiece design of the FC allows for more contact and a more natural hold resulting in a steadier hold than the Kimber. But...this is just for me, stock fit and grip are personal. Long way of saying the FC is easier for me to shoot than the Montana...and I'm a fan of the Montana.

None of that really effects anything off of a bench. The problem isn't "light" rifles, the problem is crappy built guns. The reality is that Kimber has no quality control and assembles junk rifles.... with excellent components. And I like Montanas. I just find it funny that thread after thread is about Kimbers that don't shoot and everyone runs around saying it's because "light rifles are hard to shoot", yet no one has a problem getting the Barret to shoot. Quite the opposite, actually.

Probably close to a year ago in one of the hundreds of threads about Kimber issues, I posted that no one would have problems getting the Barret to shoot because they'll be assembled correctly.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Mckay
I'm looking for an 18" 6.5. Who has the best pricing on these currently?
Thanks

Check with Whittaker guns - great guys to deal with and smoking prices.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Probably close to a year ago in one of the hundreds of threads about Kimber issues, I posted that no one would have problems getting the Barret to shoot because they'll be assembled correctly.

... and you were not wrong.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

... and you were not wrong.

Not yet anyway.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

None of that really effects anything off of a bench. The problem isn't "light" rifles, the problem is crappy built guns. The reality is that Kimber has no quality control and assembles junk rifles.... with excellent components. And I like Montanas. I just find it funny that thread after thread is about Kimbers that don't shoot and everyone runs around saying it's because "light rifles are hard to shoot", yet no one has a problem getting the Barret to shoot. Quite the opposite, actually.

Give me a little time, I bet I can make one of them shoot poorly. wink

I'm with you on the assembly and build. Disagree on the statement "None of that really effects anything off a bench". For my built and technique, the FC (and NULA) is easier to hold steady both off hand and from the bench. I can see it dry firing...it's for sure gong to show up when shooting.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I'm looking for a 21" 6.5CM, who has the best prices? Whittaker's are currently out of that configuration BTW.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Give me a little time, I bet I can make one of them shoot poorly. wink

I'm with you on the assembly and build. Disagree on the statement "None of that really effects anything off a bench". For my built and technique, the FC (and NULA) is easier to hold steady both off hand and from the bench. I can see it dry firing...it's for sure gong to show up when shooting.

I feel the same way about the Nula stock. My favorite hunting stock.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Page 24 of 31 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

325 members (1lesfox, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 12344mag, 29 invisible), 1,875 guests, and 968 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,644
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.