Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
While hunting this past week in west Texas, my right twist-up eyepiece on my Conquest 8x42 HD's locked up and couldn't be freed. An aggravation, but the binos were still useable. I got home last night late and called Zeiss today.

I described the problem to the customer service lady on the phone. She took my name and adress, checked to confirm that she did have replacement parts in stock and then informed me that a new pair of eyecups (I will now have a spair in addition to replacing the faulty eyecup) were being sent out today - no charge.

I did register my binoculars when I puchased last year - she did not indicate if she was verifying that or not. She did not ask for purchase information, just my name and adress to mail replacement parts.

I'm pleased with their response! I will post again to confirm delivery of replacement parts when I receive them.

David

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
They have been VERY good on most of my stuff.

The worst was replacing lenses after years of abuse on my binocs, it took them almost 9 months IIRC, to get lenses in and into the glass and get em back. In fairness it was my damage and I did pay for the new glass, but not very much...

I've had them repair and even replace though in a timely manner.

I seem to have a hard time not abusing my binoculars...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Sent my ClassiC's in this fall to be clean and adjust, they returned them in 2 weeks! They came back like new!

Ted
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Word is Zeiss has upped their game in North America, increasing their capability for more complex repairs. Not at Swaro's level, but better than Leica. Although there are still some full blown repairs that have to make the trip back to the Motherland for Zeiss.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If you send them a conquest would they replace it w a "terra"? I have a conquest with a very stiff eye focus ring but wouldn't want a "Terra" for replacement.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good to hear about your experience.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Update:

When I got back from my walk this morning there was a box on my door step from Zeiss. Opened up and there was a pair of Conquest twist up eyecups. Unfortunately, they don't fit my 8x42's. They are larger, not sure what they fit, but definitely don't fit my bino's.

Will contact Zeiss Monday and see what they will do.

David

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Update #2:

I called Zeiss back on Monday, they apologized, looked up the part and sent out new eyecups.

New eyecups arrived today. I installed and they don't go up as high as the originals. I called Zeiss back and was told they didn't have any extended eyecups (waiting on an order from Germany). I explained that these were my original eyecups - Zeiss explained that they had begun shipping them new w/ extended cups.

I explained to the lady that I needed the extende eyecups like were on the bino when purchased new. I was transferred to a supervisor. The supervisor found a set of extended eyecups on a new pair of binos and offered to overnight them to me, which I gratefully accepted.

I'll update again when I get the 3rd set of eyecups....

David

Side Note - I've read comments from several folks that didn't like the Conquest HD 8x42's and 10x42's because of the eyecups. After experiencing the regular height eyecups, I understand your gripe.....

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C

Final:

Zeiss came through on their overnighted eyecups. They're here, they fit, they work.

David

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Finally"..."..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad you got satisfaction from Zeiss after only 3 or 4 swings. Much better than my average... Maybe they are improving...though compared to my Leica and Leupold experience they are still lagging...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Leupold fixes your problems right fast

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by hanco
Leupold fixes your problems right fast

Bull$hit

I have an FX3 6x42 purchased new through the custom shop w/ an M1 turrett that won't move the proscribed amount per click. It's been back three times, still isn't fixed. Was gonna fix it and sell it, thinking about dropping it in the trash.

David

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,621
Posts18,455,093
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.