Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
http://www.gibbsrifle.com/sport_speciality_.html

I would like to see what these run, price wise. They direct you to old western scrounger, then nowhere...

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
look for a Siamese Mauser, much cheaper though it took me 20 years of looking to get mine.
shoots good though.
100 yards with 500g powder coated cast
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by deerstalker; 12/15/16.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The Siamese Mauser I've seen cost more than I'm willing to pay. Then there's the stock and the barrel and the work. However, that one look fine enough, how much??? whistle

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that one was done by Navy/Gibbs. they did the Siamese Mausers along with the Enfields.
i think i got this one for 450.00
after waiting for 20 years to find it and the way it shoots, she ain't for sale.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Something like this? Needs bluing and checkering.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
oooow! i like! i checkered for 40 years and i wouldn't touch that. that is sexy as is.

Last edited by deerstalker; 12/15/16.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by deerstalker
that one was done by Navy/Gibbs. they did the Siamese Mausers along with the Enfields.
i think i got this one for 450.00
after waiting for 20 years to find it and the way it shoots, she ain't for sale.

For some very unknown STUPID reason I walked away from a Siamese Mauser in a very nice grey syn stock at a gun show about 10 years ago, it already had the two position [Buehler?] safety, a 14" LOP with Dec pad, two bags of new brass, out the door for 5 bills. cry

A set of sights and barrel band sling swivel from NECG and I would have a mini Safari rifle that I could have hunted any NA game animal to 300 yards, damn, I hate being that dumb at times.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Nice rifle Craigster, you gonna finish it?

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that's what happened to me 20 years ago and i swore i'd eat ashes before passing up the next one i saw. a member put one up here and i got it. it shoots everything i have put through it to the same point of aim. amazes me every time i shoot it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Craigster that is some beautiful figure right there.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by deerstalker
that's what happened to me 20 years ago and i swore i'd eat ashes before passing up the next one i saw. a member put one up here and i got it. it shoots everything i have put through it to the same point of aim. amazes me every time i shoot it.

Shoulda had my ass kicked for leaving that one in Tulsa. mad sick

Trump Won!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Bugger

I would like to see what these run, price wise. They direct you to old western scrounger, then nowhere...

Not your Gibbs, but it is a 45/70 bolt action....

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/606671641

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

There is a phone number at the bottom of the page at the link posted above Gibbs Rifle.

And, Western Scrounger also has a phone.

http://www.ows-ammo.com/store/index...p;zenid=79b25ea1c346522996f59b4155d5b744

Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So why don't they list their prices? Almost as bad as having a reserve on your rifle on an auction.

Last edited by Bugger; 12/17/16.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if you click on Navy and then click on their models they give prices . they no longer do the 45/70 bolt guns

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The link just dumps you into the Gibbs 45/70 page, if you work your way down from Home, the 45-70 is listed under "Past Production". No need for bad feelings.

Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fourbore
The link just dumps you into the Gibbs 45/70 page, if you work your way down from Home, the 45-70 is listed under "Past Production". No need for bad feelings.

I looked again. I couldn't find it.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Bugger:

The bolt 45/70 Siamese conversion is an entirely different beast. I have 3 - one for me, one for my wife and one spare. Also, have a Win 70 converted to 450 Marlin and a Ruger M77 tang safety in 450 Marlin. The first two have been to to Africa on PG and my wife's goes every and so does my Win 70. Loads are listed for the Ruger #1's - 350 TSX at 2400. We also take CEB 325gr solids at the same velocity in case of pachyderm encounters. Recover very, very few TSX's and I've tested the CEB's and have never recovered a single one - even end to end though a mountain zebra.

Honestly, IF I was going to do a conversion it would be the same S/M but in 450 Marlin instead. Primary reason is you wouldn't have to open the bolt face making the rim stronger and less feeding trouble/work. My "spare" has a section of the bold face rim broken out and therefore won't eject properly. I've just recently found a micro welding shop and plan on getting the rim rebuilt.

Bugger, PM me your email address if you might be interested in it. I'll send you photos and if interested I'll get it fixed and make sure it properly ejects. Already converted it to the Win style 2-position safety and I think a Timney trigger, Leopold bases and rings.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bugger, jump on this offer with both hands and feet. i have beat this horse to death but it took 20 years for me to find one and i looked from calif to north carolina at ever gun show i ever went to. you just don't see the SM's and very few Enfields come up. the holy grail is that M70.
i too have been thinking of building a 450 but my heart belongs to the 45/70.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
299 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 44 invisible), 2,162 guests, and 1,038 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,725
Posts18,400,614
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.