Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
"What do we do if we don't have hope?" - she opined to Oprah. What an uplifting statement from someone who occupied the WH for 8 years.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/michelle-obama-hope-oprah-interview-232734

[quote]
Michelle Obama: 'We’re feeling what not having hope feels like'
By NOLAN D. MCCASKILL 12/16/16 10:16 AM EST
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
President Barack Obama’s administration achieved the platform he ran for president on: hope, according to first lady Michelle Obama, who implied that many Americans no longer have that hope as President-elect Donald Trump transitions into the White House.

“We feel the difference now. See, now, we’re feeling what not having hope feels like, you know,” the first lady told Oprah Winfrey in an interview excerpt broadcast Friday on “CBS This Morning.”

Trump savaged his rivals with disparaging nicknames and ran a campaign more focused on his celebrity than his policies. He railed against Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, vowing to “make America great again,” but alienated segments of the population with pledges to temporarily ban Muslims, build a border wall and deport millions of undocumented immigrants.

Obama ran his campaign more traditionally, running on a platform of hope and progress with the slogan “Yes we can.” Perhaps the quintessential emblem of that campaign is his “Hope” poster, which was designed in a day by Shepard Fairey, who told Esquire in 2015 that Obama failed to live up to his expectations.

“Hope is necessary. It’s a necessary concept,” the first lady said. “And Barack didn’t just talk about hope because he thought it was just a nice slogan to get votes. I mean, he and I and so many believe that if you — what else do you have if you don’t have hope? What do you give your kids if you can’t give them hope?”

Michelle Obama tore into Trump on the stump campaigning for Clinton, emerging as the most potent surrogate for the Democratic nominee and sparking calls for her to run for office — although President Obama has insisted that his wife won’t run for office.

She appeared to do the same in her interview with Winfrey, suggesting the nation will no longer have a grownup in the Oval Office once the current first family leaves but never mentioning the nation's 45th president by name.

“Our children respond to crises the way they see us respond. You know, it’s like the toddler that bumps his head on the table, and they look up at you to figure out whether it hurts, and if you’re like,” she began, gasping for effect, “‘Oh, my God,’ they’re crying.”

The president, the first lady continued, has been someone who would respond by saying: “You know what? Babe, it’s OK, it’s OK.”

“I feel that way about the nation. I feel that Barack has been that for the nation in ways that people will come to appreciate,” she said. “Having a grownup in the White House who can say to you in times of crisis and turmoil: ‘Hey, it’s gonna be OK. Let’s remember the good things that we have. Let’s look at the future. Let’s look at all the things that we’re building.’ All of this is important for our kids to stay focused and to feel like their work isn’t in vain, like their lives aren’t in vain. What do we do if we don’t have hope, Oprah?”/quote]

Last edited by bigwhoop; 12/16/16.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A negro millionaire crying to a negro billionaire about "no hope"

I going to put on a nice warm coat and then go outside bang my haid on a BF'ing rock.

Sho hope dat Ize feelz mo bettah afferwords.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I guess she can now return to hating this country, as she said eight years ago.

What she really hates, then and now, is not being able to go on multi-million dollar global shopping sprees at our expense.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Oh lawzeee me, we gotta do sumpin, she is back to not proud of her country.

Or, she could just grow up. naw.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Whitehouse is gonna need lots of bleach and steam.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just read this story.I can't believe the First Tranny claims that the Homo-in-chief made statements encouraging hope for the future.I remember just the opposite.

I also remember her pride in this nation.NOT!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The Whitehouse is gonna need lots of bleach and steam.

It is probably so thick in the White House even that will not be enough to clean it

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
made the mistake of clicking on this while eating breakfast. almost lost it visualizing those two hogs in one brain frame. if it wasn't Manchego cheese from Spain i would have blown!
yep, America is so bad, Here is a poor down trodden Indian(as we was here first) eating imported cheese paid for by me. ain't rich but America has given me the opportunity to work and achieve whatever i could. Damn Skanks need to go spend 6 months on a Rez. they would be crying for sweethome Chitcago.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

“I feel that way about the nation. I feel that Barack has been that for the nation in ways that people will come to appreciate,” she said. “Having a grownup in the White House who can say to you in times of crisis and turmoil: ‘Hey, it’s gonna be OK. Let’s remember the good things that we have. Let’s look at the future. Let’s look at all the things that we’re building.’ All of this is important for our kids to stay focused and to feel like their work isn’t in vain, like their lives aren’t in vain. What do we do if we don’t have hope, Oprah?”/quote]

Hey Michelle, are your dogs STILL schitting all over The People's White House?

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11649942/1

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I guess 1.5 billion in Taxpayer financed exotic vacations with her posse was not enough for her highness.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
We had no hope for the last 8 years, We've had not money or future for the last 8 years and we've had no respect for the last 8 years! Now that the lawn jockey and his talking orangoutang are finally out of there we can fumigate the place and start "Making America Great Again!" [bleep] both of them..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I guess 1.5 billion in Taxpayer financed exotic vacations with her posse was not enough for her highness.

Better check their luggage for the silver service and bath towels when they get evicted next month:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by gonehuntin; 12/16/16.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
No Humans Involved.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just two Hawgs talkin at the trough.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
The deplorables will soon be leaving the WH.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 12/16/16.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If she had a set of nuts, she'd be a real communist.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am happy that the bitch has no hope , that makes me hopeful.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by deflave
If she had a set of nuts, she'd be a real communist.

Dave

She must be a Communist then because hers are bigger that her husbands

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/11664238/gonew/1/Michelle_Obama-_%22We_Are_F#UNREAD

Conduct is the best proof of character.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Bet she [bleep] the bed when she gets up on her last morning in the WH..

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,825 guests, and 1,395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,478
Posts18,451,845
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.