Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
They are called crime statistics for a reason. They actually happen to people.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
So your OK with getting robbed, or your wife getting raped, or your kids being kidnapped by a pedofile because you don't want to bother with carrying concealed when you are out and about?

I don't believe that's what he said or meant at all. I'm sure he would not be OK with any of those things and for you to imply otherwise is in a word, bullsh**.

The choice to carry, what to carry, and when to carry is just that, a personal choice.

Personally, I like to carry in the backcountry. If for no other reason than to pot a grouse. But if someone else doesn't, more power to him.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole
So your OK with getting robbed, or your wife getting raped, or your kids being kidnapped by a pedofile because you don't want to bother with carrying concealed when you are out and about?

I don't believe that's what he said or meant at all. I'm sure he would not be OK with any of those things and for you to imply otherwise is in a word, bullsh**.

The choice to carry, what to carry, and when to carry is just that, a personal choice.

Personally, I like to carry in the backcountry. If for no other reason than to pot a grouse. But if someone else doesn't, more power to him.

I didn't "IMPLY" Anything. I merely posed a question! Maybe you need to work on your reading comprehension.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I merely posed a question!

Oh, well in that case, congratulations for asking the stupidest f**king question I think I've ever read.

C
CCH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm more confused by those who carry in the back country, but don't around town -- where the people are. However, my choice doesn't have to be your choice.

I'm pretty sure no one wants bad stuff to happen to their families -- taking the liberty of guessing the answer to that "question". But from what I've seen of more than a few pistoleros who got their training watching Youtube (at best), their families might be safer if they weren't armed.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well, this is the backpack hunting forum. Most backpack hunters have a rifle at hand, that's kind of the point of backpack hunting. So the need for another firearm is at a minimum debatable.

And I've been backpack hunting since the early 80's. So far I've never seen anyone bring the wife and kids along.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Not always. Most of the time when I'm backpack hunting I'm hunting with a handgun, it's the rifle that gets left home.

(I know, I'm just being contrary again. :))

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I should have been more clear... if I am carrying a rifle- I do NOT carry a pistol. I carry a pistol when I'm hiking, scouting, guiding, etc...

Tanner

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I always carry a sidearm AND a rifle. But, I'm also in also different situation then most. I hunt very very close to the border with Mexico where multiple subjects, and subjects in close proximity where a rifle would be more a hindrance then an asset.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Not always. Most of the time when I'm backpack hunting I'm hunting with a handgun, it's the rifle that gets left home.

So let me see if I understand: When you go hunting with a handgun, you bring a handgun?

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Yep. Livin' on the edge! smile

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Can we please hear more about the Bigfeets?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_O_M

So let me see if I understand: When you go hunting with a handgun, you bring a handgun?

I think by definition that would be a yes.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Interesting thread

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Interesting thread

And........ grin

Cluckcluckcluckcluck

Last edited by Wyogal; 04/26/17.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
THE sidearm to have in the woods is a suppressed 22LR.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DiCaprio playing the part of me?

Do you really think he could pull it off?

Sure. Leo didn't receive an Academy Award for nothing! Hell, the studio would pay you big bucks as a technical advisor. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm glad I checked back into this thread.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Two boys age 5 and 7 can be noisy. We almost pulled off a kill of a big muley in 2015, but he hung up just a little too far out. Wife wasn't with, so full points not earned.

Well, this is the backpack hunting forum. Most backpack hunters have a rifle at hand, that's kind of the point of backpack hunting. So the need for another firearm is at a minimum debatable.

And I've been backpack hunting since the early 80's. So far I've never seen anyone bring the wife and kids along.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
In any forum, these are always interesting threads. My take is: I'm glad to have fellow gun owners and 2A supporters in the woods. Maybe you just like your pistol, or it's a work of fine craftsmanship, or it's your favorite one, or it was handed down by a family member, or you have real protection needs. Who cares. When I'm in the mountains of Colorado, I'm always carrying and it's usually one of two "woods" guns. A Kimber 1911 10mm customized by Luke Volkmann or a G20 with a 5.5" Jarvis barrel. The Glock sees the most use. Both put out a over 600ft.lbs. of energy with factory loads and close to 700ft.lbs. with my reloads - chronographed, not estimated. Never had to use either, but have had a close call with a bear where the G20 was in hand.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (10gaugemag, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 7 invisible), 1,606 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,557
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.