Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Dez is BACK!

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SandBilly
So, if the Skins beat the Giants next week they're in, I think....

Correct!! REDSKINS already beat the G-men in NY earlier and maybe just maybe NY will play soft as this game is meaningless to NY and they do get hurt when they play DC. For sure BY is a much better team now but then so are the REDSKINS!

One other note. Never been a big Jerry Jones fan but I really do appreciate the way he handled this Romo thing. I believe he handed the ball to Dez last night and said only in his JJ voice…"Son…go out there and show America and it's millions of Cowboys fans that you're the man for the job. You do that and you've earned it. And it's yours!"

To leave Dez in the whole game was both smart and strategic.

BTW were I Tony Romo I would take JJ up on his offer and retire as a Cowboy with a bunch more big fat pay checks!! wink

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Congrats to the Cowboys, that was a beat down. They adjusted their defense to that funky 2-2-7? defensive look in the second half.
Detroit's young offensive line and inexperienced offensive coordinator weren't up to the task. Especially changing running backs for the second half. And running on first down.
Disturbing choaching errors.
It would have taken a perfect game from Detroit to win or make it close.
The Lions aren't to that point yet.

I don't think the Lions beat the Fudge Packers next weekend either.
Too many injuries and not enough depth to cover them. Exactly what Bob Quinn said at his introductory presser last year when he was hired.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Congrats to the Cowboys, that was a beat down. They adjusted their defense to that funky 2-2-7? defensive look in the second half.
Detroit's young offensive line and inexperienced offensive coordinator weren't up to the task. Especially changing running backs for the second half. And running on first down.

Too many injuries and not enough depth to cover them. Exactly what Bob Quinn said at his introductory presser last year when he was hired.

What a novel concept! You can remain a fan of your team in a loss and still remain classy

Perhaps some of our other posters on the board can take note of your excellent post

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
In the end Rodger's will take care of the Cowgirl's. Super Bowl,Packer's-Chief's.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That wouldn't surprise me as much, packers beating boys

As Chefs beating pats

Will be interested to see how it plays out though

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

What a novel concept! You can remain a fan of your team in a loss and still remain classy

Perhaps some of our other posters on the board can take note of your excellent post

I took note alright. smirk wink

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If'n the Packers were to make the playoffs and they would somehow meet the Cowboys, I don't think the Packers defense could slow the Cowboys attack.

The mobile QB, excellent RB and standout WR combo have given them fits in the past. And, if that weren't enough, given the above, enter Jason Witten who would likely catch a dozen balls for 250 yards. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford

As did I!! Good stuff.

Go Nats!!!!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SKane
If'n the Packers were to make the playoffs and they would somehow meet the Cowboys, I don't think the Packers defense could slow the Cowboys attack.

The mobile QB, excellent RB and standout WR combo have given them fits in the past. And, if that weren't enough, given the above, enter Jason Witten who would likely catch a dozen balls for 250 yards. grin

I would take that offensive line over any of those big stars!! wink . BUT simply amazing what JJ has assembled in totality.

REDSKINS played them well both times this season but this Cowboys team has matured a lot in one season.

Last edited by byc; 12/27/16.

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Are the Redskins one of the teams with the tie?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by SKane

I would take that offensive line over any of those big stars!! wink

This is true.

WWP53D
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yepper. Against Cincy in the London game.

Go Nats!!!!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by byc

If only they had just gone ahead and lost that one.... grin

FJB & FJT
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Go cowboys

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc

If only they had just gone ahead and lost that one.... grin

laugh
I can't dislike the Redskins but I reckon I need to pull for the Giants this weekend.

WWP53D
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
"I can't dislike the Redskins but I reckon I need to pull for the Giants this weekend."

As a youngster I was a Redskins fan[second to GB]. Living in 'Redskins Land' eventually turned me against them. They're all anybody here talks about. I became a Cowboys fan out of spite. grin

FJB & FJT
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No top shelf whisky for you now!! laugh

Go Nats!!!!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Hey, it's Green Bay. Hated division rivals don't fall into the "Stay classy" category do they?

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by byc
No top shelf whisky for you now!! laugh

But, but, but I liked Sonny and even Billy!! Riggins and Taylor....

cry

FJB & FJT
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 22kHornet, 54 invisible), 2,088 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,567
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.