Only squirrel seen so far this week.
[Linked Image]

BP-B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Well, at least you got him, PN.

I got busy at work and won't get out again until early next week. Too bad, this morning it's clearing and cooling after a couple of days of rain. It'd be a good morning to be in the woods.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Quiet days in small game land....

Got out for a few hours before sundown yesterday. It was cold and overcast. Didn’t think there’d be much action. Sat for about 10 minutes and saw one sneaking away through the tree tops. Got him when he paused. Moved to a new spot and after about 15 minutes one poked its head out of a tree hole. I watched him for a while as I didn’t want to hit him and have him fall back inside the tree. Finally, he came out and I got him just as he emerged. I missed a couple more and started hiking back to the truck. The last one was on the ground scampering around in a bunch of fallen sticks. He finally cleared the cover and I shot him off a fallen log and was out of the woods just as night was falling. Fun little hunt.

[Linked Image]

Hope everybody’s staying warm.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We've had rainy weather, blasting wind etc.,the last few days, and I haven't gotten to hunt much. Got to get back after those little rats very soon.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I hear you, PN. It's been wet and windy here too. Was hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon but there's rain and 10 mph winds forecast. Not my favorite squirreling weather.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Got out for a few hours this afternoon. At this point, I was 2 for 2:

[Linked Image]

But #2 was odd. It fell like a stone but this was the only mark on it:

[Linked Image]

Ended up 3 for 6.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
[Linked Image]

smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've hunted a couple different locations for several hours on multiple occasions since the last posting I'd made and seen NOTHING. This is the worst hunting season that I can remember in many years. The woods are just devoid of life. It's been a huge disappointment for me; I'm disabled and cannot do a whole bunch of long walks or afford trips to distant hunting grounds and small game hunting is something that I look forward to every year. Last year I was bringing home 4-6 squirrels at a time from a half day hunt, now I'm not even seeing anything to try a shot at. It might have been the drought we had this summer forced all of the small critters to where they could find water, or they didn't survive, just speculating about that. Got an old friend of mine who has a few acres that I haven't been through in a while, might try there next week or so. In the meantime all I can do is some target shooting and wishful thinking.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Hate to hear it, PN. The season here started slow but picked up the last couple weeks. I think the weather cooling off brought them out. Hope things improve.

Went 4-6 this morning, but accidentally deleted my pic. smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got out yesterday afternoon for a little hunting at the inlaws place. Only saw this one, but one's better than none I guess.
[Linked Image]

IC B3

M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Indiana season ends on the 31st of this month. due to dry eyes and shoulder pain, I haven't been out since Nov. Would like to get out once or twice, before the end of the month. Sure been a slow season for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mine has also been a bust, seems like poor mast crop where I hunt and windy weather were forces to contend with the few times I got out.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
..just brought a single home today.

Big guy:

[Linked Image]

dave

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Went to some TVA property I hadn't been to in a while and walked up the creek for a while this afternoon. Saw only one; there's got to be more there because there are nests all over the place, just need to find the right time to be there.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Weather has been unseasonably warm here the last few days and with a couple of rare weekend afternoons with nothing pressing, I figured the bushytails might be out and about. Yesterday I took the 10/22 RSI and managed to get three. Saw several others but they were very shifty, so today I pulled out the little IGA/Stoeger 28ga SxS and put four more in the freezer. I now have enough to make my big annual crockpot of Limbrat Etouffee that I take to work at least once a year.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
Went to some TVA property I hadn't been to in a while and walked up the creek for a while this afternoon. Saw only one; there's got to be more there because there are nests all over the place, just need to find the right time to be there.
[Linked Image]

I like that knife

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
SC, where are you hunting? Things have definitely slowed down around here. I’m in gamezone 2 towards the GA border.

I only took one shot this morning, but it was my best shot of the season. 30 or so feet up and 30 or so yards out. Hit right below the ear. This little morsel is getting the gravy & biscuits treatment.

[Linked Image]

PN always has nice stuff.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ella
SC, where are you hunting? Things have definitely slowed down around here. I’m in gamezone 2 towards the GA border.

These were in Kershaw County.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Thanks. Just curious. Last week or two has been slow around this way....

M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
They are calling for almost 60, Sat. If so, it might be my last hurrah for this season.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
650 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 76 invisible), 2,753 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,650
Posts18,399,153
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.