Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 79 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 78 79
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Chest/Delts

BP(10 sets but notable-375lbs X 3 singles)

2X1000M c2

30 Min X Stepper

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
lots of good work today.

-Jump rope: 20 minutes
-sprints: 8x100m

Kettlebell:
-one hand swings 10x10 32kg
-turkish get ups: x10 32 kg
-overhead squats 3x6 32kg changing sides

-pullups: 4x6
-pushups: 6x10
-dips: 4x6

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue
Just got home from work and yes you deserve a well played.

I am just amazed that a man your age is still working grin

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well played!!!! wink

laissez les bons temps rouler
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Still walking the dogs a couple hours each morning, jogging on the treadmill, and lifting weights. Improving in all areas. My two tubby welfare dogs are starting to slim down and look like they both have real jobs and aren't a couple of lazy floor warmers.

Here in a bit I'll go down to the gym and knock out squats, Overhead presses and dead lifts. Tomorrow I'm off, so I get to sleep in, get up when I feel like it and walk the dogs for as long as I can stand it. In the afternoon I hopefully get to pick up my new Ruger Hawkeye Hunter FTW. When I'm done fingering it up, I'll get on the treadmill and remind myself that without me being in good shape my rifle will be all but a useless burden in the mountains. "A give me SOME, PT! It' Good for YOU! It's GOOD for ME!"

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We're good shoes with all that walking, warmutt. Late last summer I'd been walking/hiking my foo' head off all year prepping for a backpack hunt... went on a 5-miler with my wife, wore stupid shoes, and set off plantar fascites in one foot that I'm STILL dealing with... my backpack hunt turned into car-camping and limping around within a mile or less of the rig like every other slob out there... anyway, WEAR GOOD SHOES! smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
We're good shoes with all that walking, warmutt. Late last summer I'd been walking/hiking my foo' head off all year prepping for a backpack hunt... went on a 5-miler with my wife, wore stupid shoes, and set off plantar fascites in one foot that I'm STILL dealing with... my backpack hunt turned into car-camping and limping around within a mile or less of the rig like every other slob out there... anyway, WEAR GOOD SHOES! smile

Amen to that JeffO! I've got really flat feet that resemble a ducks foot with more toes. My job has me walking on hard floors for ten hours at a time. Some mornings after a rough shift I can hardly walk when I first get out of bed my paws are so cramped up. This Winter I bought a pair of Meindl Fit IQ's. Easily the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. They formed perfectly to my flippers and I can walk all day in them and my feet don't hurt.

I had just learned to live with the pain and told myself that I need to learn how to suck it up and drive on. The difference with having good gear is staggering!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We're good shoes with all that walking, warmutt.

Yeah, and don't forget to wear underwear that doesn't chap your ass, pants that fit, and a comfortable shirt.

You can thank me later.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole

Yeah, and don't forget to wear underwear that doesn't chap your ass, pants that fit, and a comfortable shirt.

You can thank me later.

On this thread, we don't say "ass". How very... base of you. We say "glutes".

Anyways.... difference being, of course, badly fitting shirt/pants/skivvies won't ruin your feet for 6 months in just one walk.

I was actually wearing high quality shoes (Keen). They were just inappropriate or a long walk. I think 40-yo Jeff could've walked around the world in 'em but 50-yo Jeff got 2.5 miles in and asploded. smile

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So it all boils down to wearing shoes that won't hurt your feet when walking long distances?

Who knew?

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd say for me it boiled down to recognizing 2 miles in that they WEREN'T working for that task, good shoes or not, and being willing to I guess sit at the side of the road waiting for my wife to come rescue me in the car. blush

That's a tough pill... most guys just power through a little pain... big mistake with feet (IMHO) and the aging body. Or so I found. YMMV.

Doing my taxes... too grumpy to do this... grin... carry on!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
After about 5 months off I'm finally getting back into it. Got runs in last Friday, Tuesday and again today. ~3 miles each @ 9 min pace at 7500'. Hope to get back on my bike this weekend. I need to start a regimen for strength training 1-2 days/week pretty quick too.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
welcome aboard! smile

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
7-ish miles and 1600' of gain; somehow dodged the rain storms flitting around (had a jacket wrapped around my waist just in case)

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Needed a change up, so copied some of the others here.

Elliptical 20min

10 sets of: 20x40lb KB swings, into 10x140lbs BP, 10 BW Squats

4sets of: 5 Chinups, 10pushups, 6 dips, 10BW Squats

Shook those wall ropes: 2x2min
Rower 20min.

Pretty good cardio workout along with arms and legs

laissez les bons temps rouler
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Mostly just cardio today.

-20 minutes with my jumprope, used heavier and lighter ropes and did intervals.

-30 minute run on some trails and through the vilage, ~4 miles roling.

-hill sprints ~40m x6

My back seems to be coming along, Im making workouts longer and harder but making sure to stop while Im ahead rather than to go balls out and aggrivate the injury.

Ive also been doing yoga for just 15-20 minutes in the evenings and occasionally some mobility work for the spine when Im feeling tight. All of this seems to be working and I feel like my fitness and "strength" is going well too.

I write strength in parentheis because I competed in power lifting for a few years so the push ups, dips and pull ups I do now dont really seem like strength compared to heavy squats and deadlifts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice hike this morning with a 25lb pack. Looking for turkeys but found deer and grouse. Great morning to be in the woods.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Lower body/core today. Hip has been sore, saw an ortho yesterday, going in for some PT next week.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by smokepole

You can thank me later.

Yup, my tain't and sack seem tend to get galled on the long walks once I sweat up.

No word from the gunshop on my new rifle. I suspect being that it's Good Friday, delivery might be delayed. Oh well, morning poop patrol went well and we logged in some miles. Made all the neighborhood dogs stuck in their yards jealous as we hiked past their fences. Debating putting on the pack and walking the hill for an hour or jogging on the treadmill. Nice cool breeze outside so I think 65 lbs pack up and down the hill might win out. Everyone keep on picking em' up and putting em' down.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by warmutt
No word from the gunshop on my new rifle.

New rifle? Now you're talking. What'd you get, I must have missed it?

Page 30 of 79 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 163bc, 2500HD, 67 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,541
Posts18,453,138
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.