24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Centerfire Systems has 500 rounds of CI .22 LR HV Copper Plate 40 grain ammo priced at $29.99, plus 3% if you pay by CC, plus shipping.

www.centerfiresystems.com

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Timberbuck
What is the point of even considering Aguila rimfire ammunition when CCI is widely available?

First, .22s are famously fussy about what they prefer so having more choices is a good thing.

Second, CCI is sometimes available, sometimes not.

Third, Aguila match ammo has performed way out of its price range for me in a couple of rifles, equalling stuff costing lots more. So far, the HS stuff hasn't been any better or even as good as CCI, so I don't bother with it. Mini-mags are consistently excellent and reliable, so they're the only HSHP I buy.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I have been using the copper-plated HV stuff a LOT lately. I love it, it shoots better than Mini-Mags in my CZ 452, and it's every bit as reliable. I had a half-case before the election, but "just in case" Clinton DID win, I left the polling place and went directly over to a big shop locally, and bought a whole case of it. I think those 7500 rounds will last me awhile, but I have plenty of rimfire rifles and pistols to shoot it in. I shoot it in three .22 pistols, that 452 and a 455, 10/22, and a few others.
That shop had two pallets of it on hand.

It's reliable, accurate (in my guns, anyway) and most important, AVAILABLE.

Don't be scared of it, it's awfully good stuff.

That makes me want to go and try it. Albeit, I'd probably only buy a couple 50rd. boxes first to test accuracy, in my rifles and pistols. I see a lot of it around my area. Pretty tempting now..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Centerfire Systems has 500 rounds of CI .22 LR HV Copper Plate 40 grain ammo priced at $29.99, plus 3% if you pay by CC, plus shipping.

CI ammo any good?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

CI ammo any good?

I don't know if it is any good or not, just that it is the least expensive .22 LR ammo that I've seen since before the Newtown, CT, school shooting on 12/14/12.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by lastofthebreed
I just came from the range. While there, I tested some Aguila ammo. This was the first I had ever tried. I found it to be as good, and in some cases, better than CCI.

I liked the performance of the 40 gr Super Extra Hi Velocity so much, I stopped in the local Academy store and got 3 more boxes to test in my Browning T Bolt. It likes CCI Mini Mags so maybe the Aguila will be a winner in it.

The Aguila HV stuff is awesome. Especially the lightweight projectile type.

Splatters rabbits about the same as the HMR.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I have been using the copper-plated HV stuff a LOT lately. I love it, it shoots better than Mini-Mags in my CZ 452, and it's every bit as reliable. I had a half-case before the election, but "just in case" Clinton DID win, I left the polling place and went directly over to a big shop locally, and bought a whole case of it. I think those 7500 rounds will last me awhile, but I have plenty of rimfire rifles and pistols to shoot it in. I shoot it in three .22 pistols, that 452 and a 455, 10/22, and a few others.

That makes me want to go and try it. Albeit, I'd probably only buy a couple 50rd. boxes first to test accuracy, in my rifles and pistols. I see a lot of it around my area. Pretty tempting now..

Just buy a brick. It's great stuff.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
What is the point of even considering Aguila rimfire ammunition when CCI is widely available?

Is this a real question?

Clark

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R

Because it's more accurate in my rifles, and as good as I can shoot with my handguns, and CCI ISN'T always available, though things are better now than two years ago.

Some folks even call it "Mexican Mini-Mags" because it's so reliable in most guns. That's high praise, in my book.

We all tend to get "focused" on what we like, and don't want to change our ways. Sometimes, trying something new is good. This IS one of those times.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can't wait for the temps to break and be able to get out and shoot some groups. Been wanting to try some of that Aguila in my rimfires since last year but just haven't gotten around to buying any. I fell in love with TAC-22 and haven't bought anything else. The deal is though if I never tried TAC-22 I would not of had an alternative to the mini mags I like to shoot. It's nice having options.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Just picked up 2 bricks of Aguila super maximum. They only had the hollow point ones, wanted the solid point. They make awsome tree rat rounds, they remove heads.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
I can't wait for the temps to break and be able to get out and shoot some groups. Been wanting to try some of that Aguila in my rimfires since last year but just haven't gotten around to buying any. I fell in love with TAC-22 and haven't bought anything else. The deal is though if I never tried TAC-22 I would not of had an alternative to the mini mags I like to shoot. It's nice having options.

I really like the Tac 22 shoots great in my M57 and is fairly reasonable!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The local W-M has 1,000 round boxes of Winchester/Olin M-22 for $50.87 or bulk packs of the 555 brand for $27.75.

These are probably the least expensive per round prices that I seen for .22 LR ammo since before the elementary school shooting in Newtown, CT, back in December 2012.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Went to the Field & Stream store in Harrisburg PA a few months ago and the had the 1000 round and the 500 packs of Winchester M-22. Funny thing they had the 1000 rounds priced the same as the 500 packs. Needless to say I bought all the 1000 round packs up that they had for the 500 pack price. They had eleven 1000 round packs. Haven't even shot any of t his stuff yet but for 0.02895 cents a piece it don't matter how it shoots.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

ordered another 5K rd case of these...... $344.50/shipped

$0.689 per rd shipped......not the best price.....but

no tax..no traffic...no wait in line....no limit

[Linked Image]

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/aguila-superextra-ammo-22-lr-40-grain-hv-sp-p-3436.aspx

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Not much experience with Aguila 22 LR. Bought a few boxes to try when the weather allows.

Hopefully not too far off topic but late last summer I found some Aguila Silver Eagle 22 mag ammo. Not finding anything else I picked up 2 boxes. My Savage 93 loves them! Best groups it ever shot at 100 yards. Wish I would have gotten a few more. Hoping to see it on the shelf again soon.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If you have a 10/22 sporter and desire to shoot the Aguila 60gr SSS ammo, Volquartsen is liquidating both their 1:9" and 1:16" twist SS muzzle weighted barrels for $150.

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/541-stainless-muzzle-weighted-barrel

"Good judgment comes from experience but unfortunately, experience is often derived from a series of bad judgments"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

bsa, got an email from TargetSports today and they dropped the price of the Aguilla again. Really should try a brick. At $32.99 and $33.99 respectively, you can't go wrong. I compare both of these to CCI equivalents.

I'm gonna pick up another brick of the Super Extra just for the handguns.

I think "Mexican Mini-Mag" is a good description.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/agu...tandard-velocity-sp-1b222332-p-3435.aspx

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/aguila-superextra-ammo-22-lr-40-grain-hv-sp-p-3436.aspx

Also, will use to test my 452 coming back from CZ Custom Shop in a couple days after shortening the barrel, threading, and a trigger job. Total $92 for the work. Can't beat that, I don't think. While grilling Harlan on the work done I asked him what to expect as far as accuracy. He said "Better than before". Can only imagine how that will be because it would drive spikes before. grin

Last edited by local_dirt; 01/13/17. Reason: Corrected the free shipping. Only applies to case qty or more.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I think they have built a new plant in East Texas.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Fed Ex dropped my 35# case off yesterday...

Again...for me $345/5K rd case shipped is a no brainer..

no other good sources within 2 hr drive...

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
676 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 72 invisible), 2,754 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,647
Posts18,399,078
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.