Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C

I am currently having an 8 twist .22 Creedmoor spun up. The goal is to run 80s north of 3500fps.

From the guys who have had guns built by the same guy, with the same reamer, 43ish grains of H4350 shoves a Berger 80 around 3525 out of a 24" tube. I should be a little slower, as mine will be a 22" barrel.

Cant help you on the QL numbers, all I can report are the real world numbers, which are handily corroborated by what info is out there on the interwebs.

The .22 Creedmoor should have right at 52.5gr H20 capacity, while the 22-250 has about 46.5 or so, so not exactly the same...

Please discuss.

David

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This again? Really?

In the last thread, I was pretty clear, I thought, that I am extrapolating predicted performance based on guns built by the same guy building mine, and by what information I have found on the net. Both sources seem to corroborate the other.

As for the H2O capacities, I quickly pulled numbers from published sources..if I am wrong on that, then so be it...but so is Nosler, and others.

And...similar performance numbers were reported here, and no one seemed to have issue then...

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by liliysdad
This again? Really?

In the last thread, I was pretty clear, I thought, that I am extrapolating predicted performance based on guns built by the same guy building mine, and by what information I have found on the net. Both sources seem to corroborate the other.

As for the H2O capacities, I quickly pulled numbers from published sources..if I am wrong on that, then so be it...but so is Nosler, and others.

And...similar performance numbers were reported here, and no one seemed to have issue then...

[Linked Image]

You are dangerously mistaken. If you persist is listening to this gunsmith selling magic beans you may seriously hurt yourself. The 22Creedmoor has less water capacity than a 22-250AI, not more.

I am trying to do you a favor.

You cannot get 3500fps w/ an 80grn AMax from a 22Creedmoor with a 24" barrel safely. If you load using the data you've been given you are taking serious risks.

David

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Again...I am quite aware of the concerns aired...

My Smith hasn't sold me any beans. As a matter of fact, I approached him about building the rifle, and he put me in contact with others he had done...I received zero info on performance from the builder, only from those with guns in the field. Like I have said....the online reports jive with what I am being told locally. Kind of hard to dismiss that.

Be sure and let Nosler know that the case capacity they list for the Creedmoor and the 22-250AI are wrong.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C

My Smith hasn't sold me any beans. As a matter of fact, I approached him about building the rifle, and he put me in contact with others he had done...I received zero info on performance from the builder, only from those with guns in the field. Like I have said....the online reports jive with what I am being told locally. Kind of hard to dismiss that.

Be sure and let Nosler know that the case capacity they list for the Creedmoor and the 22-250AI are wrong.

Nosler has published data for the 22Creedmoor ? Please provide a link.

Of course, you are comparing the capacity of a 6.5 Creedmoor to a 22-250AI and still can't figure out the problem. Again, the 250savage has ~4-5grains more capacity than a 22-250. A 250 Savage AI has ~4-5grains more capacity than a 22-250AI. Wonder why?

You are going to hurt yourself.

David

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Ok..you win. No one is getting 3500+ with a 75gr+ bullet. Every single person who is stating such is lying. Gotcha.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Ok..you win. No one is getting 3500+ with a 75gr+ bullet. Every single person who is stating such is lying. Gotcha.

That's not what I said. That's not what you said. You said 3500+ w/ a 80grain AMAX in a 24" barrel with H4350. That's an ~80k psi load. I'm saying that's extremely dangerous. You don't understand what a 22Creedmoor is and are more interested in arguing about it than saving your fingers and eyes.

I never aaid the 22Creedmoor was a bad chambering. Never said it was a bad idea to build one. I'm saying the performance numbers you are quoting are well beyond the cartridges capability.

It's not uncommon to find people quoting numbers that are a stretch in the internet. People routinely shoot loads that are 70k+psi with no ill effects other than poor brass life. What you are proposing is well beyond that and is seriously dangerous.

A 22 Creedmoor is nothing more than a 22-250AI with a 30degree shoulder instead of a 40 degree shoulder. That means it has a little less capacity than a 22-250AI, not more.

David

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Thank you.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Oh my

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Canazes9

I am trying to do you a favor.

haha. Let the dude find out on his own.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Couldn't you two have done this with PM's?

"Hey, look everybody what a dumbass this guy is"

" Hey I'm not a dumbass, other people are doing/saying the same thing!"

"Are too!"

"Are not!"

"Are too!"

"Huh uh, you are"

" No, you are"

You should both trade in your rifles for easy bake ovens and try not to burn yourself on the little lightbulb when you're pulling out the first batch of brownies.

Last edited by jackmountain; 01/09/17.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.