Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
So crazy drunk Jerry phucqkker is outside and armed with a knife. There is no option for the authorities other than to kill him? Fault? Obviously.

Well, bearing in mind you can't just leave the scene because you have a duty to take care of the problem... And a violent man armed with a knife and already has committed domestic violence, is a problem...

Just how would you have handled it?

I'm not hearing many solutions. Only judgements.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
So crazy drunk Jerry phucqkker is outside and armed with a knife. There is no option for the authorities other than to kill him? Fault? Obviously.
So they should have went hand to hand?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Either got a pass thru or someone was shooting behind him in the dirt..

Not faulting the cops or their decision, but wonder if some of those bean bag rounds would have dropped him, do they hurt pretty good?

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Taser usually works , didn't in this situation.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm glad it wasn't my mobile home or that of a loved one in the background. I'd have at least tried to maneuver into a position without homes in the direct background before shooting.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Rockinbbar...
Not even a judgement. Just watched the video a couple times and offered an opinion. Shows officers walking a long ways forward towards the guy. Then the guy walks towards them and they shoot him. Not saying he wasn't in the wrong, nor not a threat. Expecting a drunk crazy phucqker to be rational? Musta crossed some line they drew in the sand? There appeared to be lots of room around. I really don't give a phucqk though, it's what happened. A guy's obviously better off not getting into such chit.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You gotta do what you gotta do and I don't want the cops getting fileted. But dang, that seemed like a lot of shots to make a drunk 63 year old drop his knife. Sure, he'd still be alive if he'd done as commanded. But dang, they shot him for a WHILE.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Well, bearing in mind you can't just leave the scene because you have a duty to take care of the problem... And a violent man armed with a knife and already has committed domestic violence, is a problem...

Yep.

Just how would you have handled it?

I'd have shot his ass. He was told many times to drop the knife or they'd shoot. He didn't. He was told not to approach any closer and to drop the knife, several times. He didn't.

They tried several Tasers, to no effect, and he STILL didn't drop the knife and then accelerated toward them.

Yep, shoot him. He made that decision.

I'm not hearing many solutions. Only judgements.

Jerry chose the solution. He chose poorly.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
MtnBoomer, you and I are going to get tarred and feathered. I agree with you. Maneuver around, do some more talking, no need to mow ol' Jerry down just yet, far from it. Hell I've been in LOTS worse situations than that, a few of them, and nobody died, and I'm no badass by any stretch. Just use some common sense for krissakes.

When did "the right language" by police replace common sense? "We felt threatened" "the suspect repeatedly ignored warnings" That's sickening. They shot a man down in cold blood.

It's true ol' Jerry may have had a deathwish, but don't blow smoke up my azz and tell me those cops had to shoot Jerry at that point in time because they feared for their lives. If they feared for their lives, truly, instead of just repeating that BS talking point, then they need different training.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I get jumped by two guys with sticks beatin my azz, I fear for my life.

Drunk Jerry, no way. Not even close.

LOL
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I can't help but wonder what the total number of responses to domestic disputes have been logged by the cop critics.

I always enjoy hearing the "21 Feet Rule" referred to as a legal standard.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Go back and listen to it. The one cop says after firing two tazers and they failed, "We're too far away".

Bad luck for old Jerry they prematurely ejaculated huh?

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looked like it took eight steps to get to the downed man. Too close for me.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Given today's climate, it was a good shoot............. I guess.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
4ager,
So you've shot a lot of guys? I am sure reality is much different than what goes on in your mind.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
MtnBoomer, you and I are going to get tarred and feathered. I agree with you. Maneuver around, do some more talking, no need to mow ol' Jerry down just yet, far from it. Hell I've been in LOTS worse situations than that, a few of them, and nobody died, and I'm no badass by any stretch. Just use some common sense for krissakes.

When did "the right language" by police replace common sense? "We felt threatened" "the suspect repeatedly ignored warnings" That's sickening. They shot a man down in cold blood.

It's true ol' Jerry may have had a deathwish, but don't blow smoke up my azz and tell me those cops had to shoot Jerry at that point in time because they feared for their lives. If they feared for their lives, truly, instead of just repeating that BS talking point, then they need different training.

Not tarring or feathering you.

If Jerry had dropped the knife, would he have been shot?

What was the actual distance involved?

Also, it wasn't cold blood. They gave him numerous chances, told him what would happen if he refused to drop the knife, backed off several times, tried Tasers, and only then shot him. Cold blood would have had him shot before all that happened.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
4ager,
So you've shot a lot of guys? I am sure reality is much different than what goes on in your mind.

Probably more than you.

And, the question wasn't whether I've shot guys, the question was what would you have done. In that situation, with all else they tried, yeah, I'd have shot him given the context rockinbbar laid out and the video showed.

What would you have done?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One things for sure, he won't do it again..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
How many cops, 3? Why not split up by few feet so old drunk azz Jerry has to look around a little bit? He probably would have fallen over without help. With three separated targets instead all the cops in a cluster at least he would have had to make a choice and his intentions could have been more clearly discerned, at no more risk, IMO.

But hey, shoot him down. It's easier and the paperwork is clean because "we felt threatened" and "the perp moved towards us".

LOL
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hope ol Jerry didn't procreate in his 63 years, that was one stupid sombitch!

Trump Won!
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

330 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 42 invisible), 2,739 guests, and 1,072 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,609
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.