Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
There's been a lot of talk about what's going to happen with this merger. For those who have the Cabella's Club Card, this is what I got in the form of an email on Saturday.

To Our Loyal Cabela's Customers,

We announced that Cabela's will merge with Bass Pro Shops and, upon closing of the transaction, will begin a multi-year partnership with Capital One whereby Capital One will exclusively service the Cabela's CLUB Visa card. Additional details regarding this announcement can be found here http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=177739&p=irol-irhome in our news release.

We're really excited about joining forces with Bass Pro Shops to create the truly premier retailer in outdoor sporting goods. We will be able to provide you with access to more locations and the greatest selection of outdoor recreation equipment and apparel in North America.

We have worked hard to ensure that this process is seamless to you. We currently expect to complete the transactions in the first half of 2017, subject to regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions. Until closing, Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops will continue to operate as separate, independent companies, as they always have. Additionally, we will continue to honor and offer Cabela's Gift Cards. Please know that we remain committed to upholding the trusted relationship we have built with you and are focused on providing the exceptional service and experiences you have come to expect from us.

For our CLUB members, following the closing of the transaction, we expect to operate the Cabela's CLUB program without change or interruption. You will see no change to how you earn, save or use your CLUB points. You will retain your current CLUB point balance and continue to accrue CLUB points.

Thank you for your continued support of Cabela's.

Sincerely,

Tommy Millner
Chief Executive Officer

Last edited by StoneCutter; 01/30/17.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I can't imagine a more anti-competitive merger.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Talk lately is there has been a bit of a hold-up in the deal by the Feds.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Isn't Capital One the company that hires all the anti-gun celebs to do their endorsements????

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll be dropping that card. Fug Capital One.

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I will be making a final pymt on that account and burning the card.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I kicked Cabela's to the curb a long time ago.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Both are high on their prices

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I really like Cabelas and their label. I absolutely cannot say the same for Bass Pro. This merger may just drop me as a customer.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are a lot better places to purchase my outdoor gear than either Cabelas or Bass Pro....that being said, every time I go to Cabelas, I enjoy the trip....every time I go to Bass Pro (usually only because someone gives me a gift card), I leave disappointed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've had a Bass Pro gift card for two years now. Can't find a damn thing I need or want. May have to buy a bucket of plastic worms or something... Thinking I may have to use it before long, too.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I've had a Bass Pro gift card for two years now. Can't find a damn thing I need or want. May have to buy a bucket of plastic worms or something... Thinking I may have to use it before long, too.

you might want to check and see if that card still has any value on it first.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Last year I got a Gift card for 100 bucks for Bass Pro.. It took me all year to find something buy from them... I walked out feeling like I just got raped....A 100 dollar Bass Pro card will get you about 25 bucks worth of over priced stuff at Bass Pro...I told my kids no more Bass Pro cards just give me 25 bucks its worth more.. cry

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Went to the grand daddy of all BPS stores on Sunday. Had a gift card in my pocket that ztge numbers were worn off. They scanned it , surprisingly it still worked. $2 on it plus a $50 new one I got for Christmas. Walked out having purchased some gummy bears for my 3 year old.

Not sure when I'll use it. Was going to buy some duck decoys, but they were all full price. Cabekas is running good sales this time of year on hunting items. Wish I could buy cabekas gift cards with my bass pro cards.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think that was a merger. Didn't Bass Pro simply buy them.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes Bass Pro is taking over Cabelas

Lock stock and debts.....lots of them

They are to big to fail but they are hopelessly upside down

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Yes Bass Pro is taking over Cabelas

Lock stock and debts.....lots of them

They are to big to fail but they are hopelessly upside down

that's what happens to a company when you
have executives that don't know anything
of the business the company is in. seen
it happen firsthand many times in the
automotive business with execs that don't
which hole the oil goes into or which hole
it comes out of. sad situation all around

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by devnull
I really like Cabelas and their label. I absolutely cannot say the same for Bass Pro. This merger may just drop me as a customer.

^ this right here.

I have a Cabela's g-tex "parka" that is absolutely indestructible (within reason....) - "Guidewear" i believe. It is amazing. It does have the Cabelas' label on it, but it's not too conspicuous.

So, i was looking around at my local Bass Pro Shop (Cabelas is an inconveniently long drive) recently for a g-tex for Mrs. 325Abn.

All their stuff had their big, ugly-azz full-color bright-as-the-fugking-sun logo plastered in at least two very conspicuous places. Stupid [bleep]. The quality is definitely there - excellent face-fabric, nicely sized hood, pockets-a-plenty, large durable zipper, etc.

If it weren't for that ridiculous logo i would have walked out of there with a $300+ parka and possibly one for each of my 325Abn kids.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bet I've been to the Canelas Hazelwood Mo (STL) store 20 plus times in the past 5 years.

I just look and leave 98% of the time.

It seems that no matter what they have I can g ind it at a better price elsewhere.

These days Amazon rules a lot of my purchases

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 30 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,468
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.