Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
NB,

Which one of the Sound Gear systems are you using?

laissez les bons temps rouler
BP-B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Battue,

After discussions with my Audiologist about expectations and times and places of wearing them, I went with the Customs. They are the molded devices which provide a nice, comfortable and secure fit in your ears. These will help block the gunfire sounds better than the other models. They have exceeded my expectations in the field and in social circles too. They are NOT hearing aids.

There is a NRA hearing benefit which knocks the price down some. The NRA directed me to the Sound Gear dealer. I will mention that I dropped one and it stopped working. It was within the one tear warranty period, it was sent in to Starkey and I had it back within the week. That is customer service.

I know quite a few hunting friends who should be wearing hunting hearing protection, but are not. Anyone can PM me with any specific questions.

Natty B.

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
NB,
Thanks. I have a guy close by that sells them.
One additional question. How are they as far a foot sounds and brush on clothing blocking out hearing the flush?

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by battue
NB,
Thanks. I have a guy close by that sells them.
One additional question. How are they as far a foot sounds and brush on clothing blocking out hearing the flush?

Battue,

In a word, "no problem" whatsoever with anything like that. There is a volume control on the ones I have; I set it to optimize the sounds I want to hear but nothing else. There are four different modes ie settings, depending on what you want to accomplish. They amplify everything but the leaves crunching, wind, traffic noise, etc is not distracting, at least to me. There is a big range of amplification available with these SG earpieces..

I can hear a grouse flush, at a distance, for the first time in a few years. And woodcock too. smile And the dogs bells, no matter how far they may have cast in heavy leaf cover. And also a distant gobble too.

So for me, they are definitely worth it. Hope this helps.

NB

NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thank you again,

Going to stop by the place tomorrow and take a hear....

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by battue

Going to stop by the place tomorrow and take a hear....

My audiologist provided a 60 day, no obligation trial period. I wore them for the first 60 days of grouse season, but it quickly became clear to me, they weren't going back. grin

Have since worn them clays shooting and worked very well there too. Looking forward to turkey hunting in a couple of months.

Good Luck.

NB

NRA Life Member
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I wear protection when I hunt.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Walkers Game ear has been working well for me for many years. Usually wear 2 or sometimes one and a plug in the other ear. Unless enhanced hearing/protection devices are not legal there's no reason these days to sacrifice your hearing to hunt.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I wear muffs that muff the shotgun blast but allow other sounds to be normal or amplified.
Works fine for me and I wear 100% of the time to save what little hearing I have left.
If you go this route, get the better systems that have two separate amplification and suppression devices, one for each ear. That allows you to determine direction when a flush occurs and its not readily visible.

NRA Patron
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I wear protection anytime I shoot

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
102 members (338reddog, 32_20fan, 35, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,396 guests, and 699 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.