Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well, after reading this they already lost one sale for sure right here. Almost bought one back in November. Glad I didn't now and for sure won't be buying one in the future either.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Well, after reading this they already lost one sale for sure right here. Almost bought one back in November. Glad I didn't now and for sure won't be buying one in the future either.

At this point I wouldn't either. I'll give them a chance to make it right, not sure how other than replace magazines till you find one that works. If it can't be made right, I'm of a mind to cut it up into little pieces with a chopsaw and send it back to Sauer in a small box with a nice note and a copy of this thread.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Home Depot just sent me the wrong shower surround too. 5 piece set only has four. Wrong color. Probly not the best week to try new things.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
too bad your having problems. their website says that it has a 12 twist rate. I might have bought one.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Basically, this action is too long for the 222. The magazine won't support the cartridge long enough to ensure alignment. Said another way, the cartridge is still too far from the chamber by the time it leaves the magazine to ensure chambering. It's a long action rifle made for a short action cartridge with a sheitty magazine design.

That's what I was thinking when I read your OP.

Is it a Tikka length action or just a .308 sized cartridge type action?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Basically, this action is too long for the 222. The magazine won't support the cartridge long enough to ensure alignment. Said another way, the cartridge is still too far from the chamber by the time it leaves the magazine to ensure chambering. It's a long action rifle made for a short action cartridge with a sheitty magazine design.

That's what I was thinking when I read your OP.

Is it a Tikka length action or just a .308 sized cartridge type action?

Dave

Trenton,
Thank you for the interest. I'm not sure I know how to answer the question, since I know not what the pertinent measurements would be.

Rocky

*I don't think I have a single long bolt action in the house, and don't have a Tikka neither.

Last edited by Fireball2; 01/28/17.

LOL
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Sorry for the big disappointment . They will make it right for you but not give you back the 3 weeks of jacking around. It is hard to beat a hands on deal before you pony up the money. I am 222 fan myself .

“To account nothing of one's self, and to think always kindly and highly of others, this is great and perfect wisdom.”
― Thomas à Kempis, The Imitation of Christ
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I've sent two emails in the last few days. No reply.

In the same time frame I've both sent and received phone messages and emails from various other businesses and individuals, so I think my lines are open. crazy

Here's hoping for a good week.

LOL
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought a Remington 700 in .222 about 6 months ago. It was made in 1967.

Pretty nice little rifle. And a shooter too. Came some hand loads that are scary accurate for and completely stock 1967 factory original rifle.

The guy that owned the rifle had passed away and his son was selling to raise some money for his widowed mother. He was asking $500, which I gladly gave. Came with some hand loads the man had worked up for the rifle.

Top group were his loads. Bottom group were from a newly purchased box of Federal.

Arrgghhhh.... Why can't I get these things to post preperly today ???

[img]http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/b...0700%20222%20Remington?sort=3&page=1[/img]

Last edited by Owl; 02/01/17.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I sent Sauer a link to this thread, maybe they'll be interested in finding out that unresolved customer complaints will cost them money.

Maybe they don't GAS. I suspect the latter.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
They want me to send the gun back to them to work on it. I suggested they send me a magazine to try before I go to the expense to ship both ways and receive from my FFL, for a total of $140 or so. That's adding 20% to the cost of the gun!

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they don't want to send you a magazine tell em to send you a shipping label.

Manufacturer's warranty dept/licensed gunsmith can ship directly to the owner. No FFL required. BTDT

R
R
What's the latest on this? Inquiring minds want to know.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by repairman
What's the latest on this? Inquiring minds want to know.

It's convoluted. It shouldn't have been at all, it's a simple warranty issue.

I never heard from Sauer after sending 5 emails. You draw your own conclusions about that.

I called the phone number provided by a campfire member for Blaser USA. There is no contact information for Blaser USA in any of my Sauer paperwork. There is no mention of Blaser USA being the importer. I didn't know Blaser USA existed let alone that Blaser USA is responsible for the warranty work on this Sauer rifle. Critical piece of information, no?

Blaser USA was butthurt I was trashing them on the internet. I didn't say one bad word about Blaser USA or it's representatives, I didn't know they existed until I was given the phone number here. I was simply wondering what it would take to get Sauer to respond to my request for help via email. *There is no other way provided to contact Sauer in the paperwork or on their website.

After quite a bit of back and forth and some condescending replies from Blaser USA about how I couldn't afford the $15-20 to ship it back to them, they agreed to send me a shipping label to send the gun back for warranty service. I won't detail the rest of the communication, but because there was much butthurt, things went poorly.

I ship the rifle out soon. When I get it back I will probably sell it to avoid dealing with Sauer and Blaser USA ever again. Life's too short.

LOL
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
A guy I work with was hot to buy one of these Sauer's. I directed him to this thread. Sauer/Blaser lost another sale.

R
R
You are right it is a simple warranty issue. I've had numerous dealings with these folks at Blaser and have had nothing but good results. Just so everyone reading this thread knows, Blaser,Mauser, Sauer and Rigby are imported and distributed by Blaser USA in San Antonio Texas. All of these brands are warrantied for 10 years whether there is a warranty card or not in the box. That warranty also includes the accuracy.
I think a question at the start of this about warranty info would have yielded some instant info on where to send the rifle for repair. The importer is also listed on the receiver as well.
I also would never not buy anything based on one guys issues, especially one that shoots this well.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I just bought a Magnum Research .22 magnum. I read the book cover to cover. It wasn't ten pages of lawyer talk and disclaimers, it was mostly about how to keep the gun clean and functioning. They even explained how the firearm functions in detail and how the firing sequence works. They gave tips on ammunition, troubleshooting info, how the pressure curve of a 17hmr varies from a 22 mag, etc etc etc.
At the end there was lots of explanation of how their warranty works, where to send it, who to contact and how, including phone numbers. Talk about a HUGE contrast! This is a company that takes their customers satisfaction seriously.

I've been around the block a time or two, I know what sheit looks like when I see it, and I know what customer service looks like.

Last edited by Fireball2; 02/08/17.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Of repairman's whopping 3 posts, two are on this thread and the last is on a Blaser thread.

I'm sure there's nothing there...

LOL
R
R
If the amount of posts I've made is how you judge credibility, well so be it. If what I have posted on is used as the same guage, well so what.
I just find it hard to believe that a rational thinking person can go from having a great shooting rifle to wanting to cut it into pieces within 2 days because there was no warranty card or reply from Germany within the same time frame.
I am somewhat partial to those brands because the make excellent firearms. I own some of them. Had a M03 that had a magazine issue. That rifle was a 4000 dollar beauty. Had to wait about 3 weeks for a replacement mag since there were none in stock at the time. Wasn't a huge deal and was all taken care of. Sheit happens.
I've also been around the block more times than I like and one thing I've learned is you can create your own drama or you can work with people and get things done a whole lot easier.And yes I know that works both ways.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
And Sauers solution to "working with people" is to NOT provide warranty service centers contact information with their new rifles, so yeah, that's a bit frustrating. Kind of difficult to have a dialog when there's no one on the other end. So, I didn't have anybody to "work with" until I was told about Blaser USA, right here.

And they're not a lot of fun. I was told by Blaser that the owners manual enclosed with the Sauer rifles are useless for the USA. That's good to know but not really helpful.

But you're right, I'm wrong. I should have done something different. As far as the drama, yep, treat your customers poorly and expect blowback.

LOL
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 222Sako, 1minute, 57 invisible), 2,817 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,877
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.