Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Confirmation hearings to start in the Senate Judiciary Committee on March 20. That will kick off at least 3-4 days of Committee hearings, then an untold length of time for the Ds to stall in committee and then on the Senate floor.

Just FYI - scheduled Senate Easter Recess is April 10-21.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
hopefully, he'll be shoo'd in without too much ado.

following other retirements, deaths, etc, and after the mid-terms, things might tighten up?

we should be making hay while the sun shines, ya know?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
untold length of time for the Ds to stall in committee and then on the Senate floor.
It can remain untold because it won't be allowed. I believe Trump will be clear on that.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
untold length of time for the Ds to stall in committee and then on the Senate floor.
It can remain untold because it won't be allowed. I believe Trump will be clear on that.

Thus the mention of the Senate recess.

wink

That gets Gorsuch on the SCOTUS and saves the nuclear option for Ginsburg's replacement (who cannot come fast enough).

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Slow process

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 4ager

wink

That gets Gorsuch on the SCOTUS and saves the nuclear option for Ginsburg's replacement (who cannot come fast enough).

If there IS a Easter recess, can Trump.....?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A recess appointment isn't permanent, is it?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

wink

Ok....I know I'm getting ahead of things, but like I asked in an earlier thread...which way would Gorsuch lean if the ACA were repealed and another "mandate" passed? Would Roberts flip flop?? Would he offer to rewrite it again so it would pass???

Because you know damn well that anything coming out of this administration will be challenged in court...and if the ACA is repealed without a good replacement I can see the headlines now....

DONALD TRUMP AND THE REPUBLICANS LEAVE 25 MILLION AMERICANS WITHOUT HEALTH INSURANCE

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

wink

A recess appointment is temporary, only until the end of the current session of the court. Thus, it would only be good until Oct.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
DONALD TRUMP AND THE REPUBLICANS LEAVE 25 MILLION AMERICANS WITHOUT HEALTH INSURANCE

That's already what the democrats are screaming at the top of their lungs.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
in a sense the ACA was a great success (say what?), because all anybody in either party is talking about is a replacement for said act.

nobody speaks of re-setting things back to the conditions existing prior to the passage of the ACA.

we've all been had, and don't even realize it. yet again...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

wink

A recess appointment is temporary, only until the end of the current session of the court. Thus, it would only be good until Oct.

Precisely.

That why we need confirmation, not stalling.

I'd way rather they invoke the option as soon as it comes before the senate for vote.

It's what's gonna happen anyway.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

wink

Precisely.

That why we need confirmation, not stalling.

I'd way rather they invoke the option as soon as it comes before the senate for vote.

It's what's gonna happen anyway.

Agreed, but it puts Gorsuch on the SCOTUS and confirmation can happen at any time thereafter.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Gus
hopefully, he'll be shoo'd in without too much ado.

following other retirements, deaths, etc, and after the mid-terms, things might tighten up?

we should be making hay while the sun shines, ya know?

Hopefully, he'll adhere to the constitution and not be a Benedict Arnold like Roberts or former Judge Souter.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If Mitch had any gonads, he'd tell the Dems that if they're going to filibuster, the minute there's a gap with no one talking, he's calling for a vote.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That's already what the democrats are screaming at the top of their lungs.

Well, I have to admit...I think they might be right...We hollered and screamed about how unconstitutional the ACA was...maybe the liberal side of the court will change their minds and agree once Trump rolls out his plan...

"REPEAL AND REPLACE" Maybe damned if he does....Surely damned if he doesn't....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
McConnell can invoke the Seanate Two Speech Rule as an end run around the filibuster.

Basically says that senators can only give two speeches on a question before the Senate in a legislative day. The day ends when the Senate adjourns, i.e. when McConnell says it does.

Make 'em take the floor and speak until their depends leak,

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And he should turn off the CSPAN cameras while it's taking place.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
If Mitch had any gonads, he'd tell the Dems that if they're going to filibuster, the minute there's a gap with no one talking, he's calling for a vote.

aye, and there's the rub................

Sam......

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I get the impression Trump doesn't want to play games getting the confirmation.
Gorsuch will be confirmed April 9, one way or another.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 38 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,511
Posts18,452,647
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.