Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
(Zero Hedge) One day after John McCain, a known critic of Donald Trump, took a stab at the Republican president when he told members of the European political elite gathered at a military conference in Munich that the Trump administration “is in disarray“, further stoking concerns about the stability and order at the White House, the neo-conservative senator spoke to NBC’s Chuck Todd, who will air the full interview on Sunday morning.
The topic of discussion was, naturally, Trump’s tweet from last night, in which he said “The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!” and to which Todd responded at the time that “I would hope that our leaders would never believe that any American desires to make another American an enemy. Let’s dial it back.” It appears that by “dialing it back” he didn’t mean stop talking about the ongoing feud between the president and the media, as that was the topic of the following 90 second exchange, in which the failed presidential candidate once again slammed Trump, and told Todd that “if you want to preserve democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and in many times adversarial free press, and without it we’d lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That’s how dictators get started.”
Full exchange below…
CHUCK TODD: I’m curious of your reaction to a tweet that the president sent Friday night. “The fake news media, failing New York Times, NBC News, ABC, CBS, CNN is not my enemy. It is the enemy of the American people.” You believe the press is the enemy? You believe any group of Americans are the enemy of another group of Americans?
JOHN MCCAIN: I was talking about the period as, you know, of the new world order. A fundamental part of that new world order was a free press. I hate the press. I hate you especially. But the fact is we need you. We need a free press. We must have it. It’s vital. If you want to preserve – I’m very serious now – if you want to preserve democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and many times adversarial press. And without it, I am afraid that we would lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That’s how dictators get started.
CHUCK TODD: That’s how dictators get started, with tweets like that?
JOHN MCCAIN: No. They get started by suppressing free press. In other words, a consolidation of power when you look at history, the first thing that dictators do is shut down the press. And I’m not saying that President Trump is trying to be a dictator. I’m just saying we need to learn the lessons of history.

http://www.libertyheadlines.com/mcc...rp-media-may-lead-dictatorship/?AID=7236

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
McCain is so full of double talk and innuendo you can't understand him. Trump is the very epitome of clarity.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
McCain is so full of double talk and innuendo you can't understand him. Trump is the very epitome of clarity.

Yep!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It's way past time for him to retire.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lol, And folks thought Trump was a democrat in disguise.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
McCain, save for his vote in the senate, is irrelevant.

Certain irony therein, what with his fame the result of his father's weight and his own mediocre piloting skill set. What has Johnny accomplished? Really?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The only real thing in life McCain has done on his own was become a POW in Nam

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
John (Wayne) McCain. While certainly a "war hero" --- he is now waaay past his "sell date" and if you want to know a bit more about his "bombing skills" when he was aboard the USS Forrestal, read this:

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20081007_investigating_john_mccains_tragedy_at_sea

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
McLame has been a traitor, and a "Manchurian candidate", for decades. His recent speeches continue to prove he is working for foreign interests and against American interests, the same as he has since returning "home".

His respectable service was done long ago.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
That's a red herring and everybody knows it. McLame has always had his nose stuffed up the Liberal press' butts.

Everybody knows that Pres Trump isn't threatening the free press. The fact he can't push back against what they say without them whining like little botches says it all. They're panty waists and need to be challenged.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
"new world order" used multiple times

????????

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
"new world order" used multiple times

????????

Accuse the enemy of what you plan...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bea175
(Zero Hedge) One day after John McCain, a known critic of Donald Trump, took a stab at the Republican president when he told members of the European political elite gathered at a military conference in Munich that the Trump administration “is in disarray“, further stoking concerns about the stability and order at the White House, the neo-conservative senator spoke to NBC’s Chuck Todd, who will air the full interview on Sunday morning.
The topic of discussion was, naturally, Trump’s tweet from last night, in which he said “The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!” and to which Todd responded at the time that “I would hope that our leaders would never believe that any American desires to make another American an enemy. Let’s dial it back.” It appears that by “dialing it back” he didn’t mean stop talking about the ongoing feud between the president and the media, as that was the topic of the following 90 second exchange, in which the failed presidential candidate once again slammed Trump, and told Todd that “if you want to preserve democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and in many times adversarial free press, and without it we’d lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That’s how dictators get started.”
Full exchange below…
CHUCK TODD: I’m curious of your reaction to a tweet that the president sent Friday night. “The fake news media, failing New York Times, NBC News, ABC, CBS, CNN is not my enemy. It is the enemy of the American people.” You believe the press is the enemy? You believe any group of Americans are the enemy of another group of Americans?
JOHN MCCAIN: I was talking about the period as, you know, of the new world order. A fundamental part of that new world order was a free press. I hate the press. I hate you especially. But the fact is we need you. We need a free press. We must have it. It’s vital. If you want to preserve – I’m very serious now – if you want to preserve democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and many times adversarial press. And without it, I am afraid that we would lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That’s how dictators get started.
CHUCK TODD: That’s how dictators get started, with tweets like that?
JOHN MCCAIN: No. They get started by suppressing free press. In other words, a consolidation of power when you look at history, the first thing that dictators do is shut down the press. And I’m not saying that President Trump is trying to be a dictator. I’m just saying we need to learn the lessons of history.

http://www.libertyheadlines.com/mcc...rp-media-may-lead-dictatorship/?AID=7236

So let me see, you have an elected member of government undermining your sitting Government at a foreign international military conference.

I thought you lot were still allowed to hang traitors?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JSTUART
I thought you lot were still allowed to hang traitors?

There's a long list on 'em that ought to be well hung.

But aren't.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
They should start with Obama

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bea175
They should start with Obama

I could care less where they start. As long as they don't miss any.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
There is one problem with the point of view expressed by Todd and McCain.
The main stream media has, in fact, become the enemy of the American people, and McCain is not far behind.
When they (the media) present opinion as fact, when they tell only one side of a two sided story, when they take sides and play favorites in the electoral system, they are the enemy. The enemy or truth, the enemy of fair and balanced, the enemy of a free and open election system.
The enemy of the American people.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Anaconda
There is one problem with the point of view expressed by Todd and McCain.
The main stream media has, in fact, become the enemy of the American people, and McCain is not far behind.
When they (the media) present opinion as fact, when they tell only one side of a two sided story, when they take sides and play favorites in the electoral system, they are the enemy. The enemy or truth, the enemy of fair and balanced, the enemy of a free and open election system.
The enemy of the American people.

Bingo! McCain refuses to acknowledge that the Press is almost wholly Leftists and are active antagonists to anything outside the Progressive agenda. This is not 1972 when Bob Woodward was putting Nixon and a coverup. This is an institutional attempt and derailing Trump AND the GOP.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
McCain has an ego that is out of control. Trumps argument with the media is their continuation of false stories. Its perfectly fine if the media takes on a politician with substantive data or an issue, but continually using false facts to make a case is antithetical to any issue.
The media is displaying a "new normal" that many of us who follow daily news have not seen before.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Death throes of Neoconservatism/globalist.
Republicans have been sucking chi-com cock for so long I would not expect them to give up there money without a fight.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

673 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 71 invisible), 3,134 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,585
Posts18,454,262
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.