E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick

I just found out about 6.5 grendel case necked down to .22 cal.

I bought a barrel and bolt.

Wondering if anyone has any experience and can help me out.

Hope everyone here at the Fire is doing well.

Lil Fish,

No problem.

I have been shooting a version for a couple of years and it gives a small frame AR better reach than a slow twist .220 Swift or 22-250 bolt gun.

I don't suspect you will ever actually use yours in the field so i will show you some pictures of game taken with a few of mine.

Enjoy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Good Luck.

Love and Kisses

John

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

[Linked Image]

Launched any of these through a 1/8 at 223 speeds yet? I'd planned on switching as I run out of Amax but didn't foresee the 1/7 recommendation...

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
It's been around for a minute. Do look fun if I ever wanted to have a fling with an AR ever again. After being forced to pack one for so long I just can't get excited about one right now.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
[Linked Image]

Man,

Gruff's boat is waaay nicer than Flave's.....

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

I just found out about 6.5 grendel case necked down to .22 cal.

I bought a barrel and bolt.

Wondering if anyone has any experience and can help me out.

Hope everyone here at the Fire is doing well.

Lil Fish,

No problem.

I have been shooting a version for a couple of years and it gives a small frame AR better reach than a slow twist .220 Swift or 22-250 bolt gun.

I don't suspect you will ever actually use yours in the field so i will show you some pictures of game taken with a few of mine.

Enjoy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Good Luck.

Love and Kisses

John

John,

20" barrels?

I looked at those from BHW last summer. Wondered if you could get the 75 Amax to 3000 and still fit in the mag box. Seemed an intriguing setup for an AR.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sammo,

Why is it that your stolen pics,are soooooooo much better than the one's you actually "experienced"? Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...................

JohnSquirms,

I've never heard of any of that stuff.

FABULOUS Haybale & Crockett pictures,what equipment do you use? One can almost not see the fences,in your ALL hat and NO ranch "pursuits". Congratulations?!? Laughing!

Purty high zoot mounting "system" and optics there...I'll bet she REALLY reaches wayyyyyy out there. LAUGHING!

You oughtta call that piece of fhuqking schit THE Wyo Ripoff,for more than a few reasons,most of which is re-badged dog schit("proprietary").

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..................

'CUBIC,

Have used 'em to form 223Aye-Eyes in 7",7.7" and 8"...but not Salami. Will squirt 'em through a 16" 1-8" SALAMI boltgun tomorrow,along with 7",7.7",8" and 9" 22-250 Aye-Eyes and SALAMI too. RPM's is RPM's.

The ELD's average .011" greater length on the average,over the A-Max.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Flogged on 'em all day today,though nothing past the 1400yd line in the Krunchenticker. From a 225yd zero,that's a paltry 16.5 Mil ele correction in today's atmosphere and there's only 42 mils available upon the platform(30 MOA inclination ala AD RECON),though 'Horn's trump 'em soundly. 1400yd full value 10mph correction,is a trifle 4 Mils. Fredrica just took off her shoes,trying to count and keep pace,because them Mils are sooooooooo fhuqking "tricky". Laughing!

Cain't wait to hear about the 244 Wyo Ripoff. Mebbe Squirms will give it a fhuqking shot.(grin)

The 108 ELD's are right proper sinister. Hint.

[Linked Image]

My HEAVY 270 fhuqking LOVES 'em and I reckon I'd best build a HEAVY 6BR for giggles,then roll a 6 Creed',just for R&D. There was alotta 6XC'ing going on today,despite the schit Norma fhuqking brass. Resizing Alpha Creed's is THE way to go there,as their inherent uniformity is gawwdamned fhuqking amazing. Awaiting Lapooey's version to arrive for R&D. This Global Warming with all of it's ice,will put minds at ease in small primers and scant flash holes both.

Roll some 75 ELD's and don't fret looking back.

Hint...................

DUMBow,

The only thing you've "toted" in your "life",is STUPIDITY. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

MOJO,

'Squirms is THE last person who could begin to "talk" reamer specs...but she'll sell you a BDC with a smile on her face. Laughing!

75 ELD Smooch and ASC's as per a Krunchenticker always.

[Linked Image]

Boolits matter more than headstamps and despite the perpetual pleading of The Paper Hat Brigade,throat,twist and COAL prolly do in fact rate a thunk. Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.(grin)

Bless their hearts.

Laughing!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Care to make a wager on that drunkard? Have one sitting next to me right now, Colt M4......hint. Have a DD214 to prove I was packing M4's before they were designated M4's if your feeling lucky with your money, what is left after FOC that is.

Last edited by Stickbow; 02/21/17.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Have used 'em to form 223Aye-Eyes in 7",7.7" and 8"...but not Salami. Will squirt 'em through a 16" 1-8" SALAMI boltgun tomorrow,along with 7",7.7",8" and 9" 22-250 Aye-Eyes and SALAMI too. RPM's is RPM's.

The ELD's average .011" greater length on the average,over the A-Max.

If they are flying ok with form loads in a 1/8 AI it should be good. They'll get used for that and follow up in formed AI. Thanks.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stickbow
It's been around for a minute. Do look fun if I ever wanted to have a fling with an AR ever again. After being forced to pack one for so long I just can't get excited about one right now.

The first version I saw was Whiteley's .224 AR.

We have a bit different throat and it is prudent to rename.

The AR Performance version that Lil Fish just discovered is called the .224 Predator.

Originally Posted by MojoHand

John,

20" barrels?

I looked at those from BHW last summer. Wondered if you could get the 75 Amax to 3000 and still fit in the mag box. Seemed an intriguing setup for an AR.

I am getting 75gr AMAX @ 3000fps from 18 inches but it's hard on the cases.

As Lil Fish's camera won't take pictures outside I will give him another peek.

[Linked Image]

Lucky I had that fence to corner the turkey. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

I am getting 75gr AMAX @ 3000fps from 18 inches but it's hard on the cases.

[Linked Image]

I've shot the rig pictured out to about 750 yards.... it was damn impressive.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Care to make a wager on that drunkard? Have one sitting next to me right now, Colt M4......hint. Have a DD214 to prove I was packing M4's before they were designated M4's if your feeling lucky with your money, what is left after FOC that is.

Squats to pee?

Is that you?

David

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Any feeding issues with it?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Canazes9

Squats to pee?

Is that you?

David

Do you even count? Don't answer that was rhetorical, the answer is no. Must be getting drunk while talking with Larry on how to spend his last ten bucks after the friend of the court raped him. I hear the power ball is up there. Good luck.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Squats to pee?

Is that you?

David

Do you even count? Don't answer that was rhetorical, the answer is no. Must be getting drunk while talking with Larry on how to spend his last ten bucks after the friend of the court raped him. I hear the power ball is up there. Good luck.

Come 'on - you can't fool me!

All that technical operator talk and whipping out your DD214. It's got to be you!

David

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N

ha!

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This does indeed sound like squat-to-pee.

How the hell does a DD214 "prove" you were packing M4s before they were designated so? Do you have that ribbon?

Sounds about like when you tried telling someone on here (Mackey Sagebrush maybe?) about the procedures that plain cloths "air marshals" (or whatever you called it) go through when packing on commercial airliners.

It's always easy for a guy who has a DD214 to spot a bullshitter.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny, I don't see anywhere on my DD214 where it designates anything about what weapon I was carrying or anything of that sort. Makes me wonder if you know what a DD214 really looks like? So, what was your MOS?
BTW, I was 11B- Vietnam Era (missed going by a couple days) and we were just out of the test stages of the AR15 in those days. Still doesn't make me (or you) an expert about AR's, M4's or anything else for that matter...

Hasn't this nonsense thread about run it's course?

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Page 44 of 48 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (406_SBC, 444Matt, 450yukon, 257_X_50, 19rabbit52, 270winchester, 18 invisible), 1,935 guests, and 806 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,380
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.