24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thats got me going. the bolt face woukd have more strength with the 30-40 and it could be hotroded. i have never been drawn to the 30-40 except for the krag it was in.
just what i need another project, anybody have a siamese for sale?

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by fourbore
http://www.gibbsrifle.com/sport_speciality_.html

I would like to see what these run, price wise. They direct you to old western scrounger, then nowhere...

There is a phone number at the bottom of the page at the link posted above Gibbs Rifle.

And, Western Scrounger also has a phone.

http://www.ows-ammo.com/store/index...p;zenid=79b25ea1c346522996f59b4155d5b744

i had one of those stored in my safe for about ten years. returned it to owner, could have bought it for about 800bucks.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
O
O
try this again. i joined the site for this very reason. I have a mauser in 45/70. been trying to figure its value and what it precisley is . im not mauser savy nor is it that anywhere ive taken it anybody knows mauser markings. I am willing to sell it but havnt because i new it was unusual caliber for a mauser action. if i can get a couple ppl telling me a fair price on it i would sell it. i can text you photos, dont know how to post them. thanx

assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by outhuntin
try this again. i joined the site for this very reason. I have a mauser in 45/70. been trying to figure its value and what it precisley is . im not mauser savy nor is it that anywhere ive taken it anybody knows mauser markings. I am willing to sell it but havnt because i new it was unusual caliber for a mauser action. if i can get a couple ppl telling me a fair price on it i would sell it. i can text you photos, dont know how to post them. thanx

I can understand not posting a photo. What I dont understand is your lack of details. Nothing???

The gun has markings. What are ALL THE MARKINGS. Then someone will tell you what it is and you can google and no doubt find some auctions on the internet. Its not that hard.

You might also describe the stock, barrel length, mechanical condition if you can determine, fit, finish or wear over all, iron sights, has it been drilled for a scope?, type of butt plate, grade of wood if restocked. ZERO, that is all you can provide.

Pricing guns is something of an art in itself. At best you get will get a range like 500 to 1000 depending too many factors to list.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by deerstalker
that one was done by Navy/Gibbs. they did the Siamese Mausers along with the Enfields.
i think i got this one for 450.00
after waiting for 20 years to find it and the way it shoots, she ain't for sale.

For some very unknown STUPID reason I walked away from a Siamese Mauser in a very nice grey syn stock at a gun show about 10 years ago, it already had the two position [Buehler?] safety, a 14" LOP with Dec pad, two bags of new brass, out the door for 5 bills. cry

A set of sights and barrel band sling swivel from NECG and I would have a mini Safari rifle that I could have hunted any NA game animal to 300 yards, damn, I hate being that dumb at times.

Simple solution, get a 458 win mag and download it to 45-70 ballistics. 458's are reasonably common and reasonably affordable.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I went the 458 American route. I had a Remington 660 re-barreled and set up with peep sights. It makes for a great short range thumper. My eyes have been giving me fits trying to focus on the irons and I am thinking of going with a Scout scope and leaving the peep sights or removing the rear peep and adding a regular 2.5x Leupold scope.
[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jericho
I have heard of Siamese Mausers being converted to 30-40 Krag also. Could probably load it a little hotter in the SM action...

I have this one in 30 US (30-40). Pic is kinda crap, but you get the idea...

[Linked Image]

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
711 members (10Glocks, 11point, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 91 invisible), 2,720 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,872
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.