Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by walt501
Originally Posted by 4ager
Yep, you just proved you don't know what you're talking about - agin.

Thanks for playing.

So go ahead, prove me wrong. Hurry up, I'll give you a chance to research it, before I prove who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't.

Cross-listed stocks, those listed on more than one international exchange, do so via ADRs in the US and their equivalent on international markets for currency exchange reasons. Those listed stocks meet all requirements and regulations for the listing markets.

If you had a clue, you'd know this. You don't, and it's obvious.

Nice play on words. Yes, they meet all requirements for LISTED stocks. ADR's are not the same as a listing and thus no information outside of what the company voluntarily discloses plus one annual report is required. That is not opening the books to U.S. regulators.

Click Here

Thanks for proving my point.

Ya stupid f'k, ADRs are how foreign based cross listed companies are listed on the NYSE, and their equivalent are how US (or other not-same-nation-based as the exchange) companies are listed on other international exchanges.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Yep, you just proved you don't know what you're talking about - agin.

Thanks for playing.

So go ahead, prove me wrong. Hurry up, I'll give you a chance to research it, before I prove who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't.

Cross-listed stocks, those listed on more than one international exchange, do so via ADRs in the US and their equivalent on international markets for currency exchange reasons. Those listed stocks meet all requirements and regulations for the listing markets.

If you had a clue, you'd know this. You don't, and it's obvious.

Nice play on words. Yes, they meet all requirements for LISTED stocks. ADR's are not the same as a listing and thus no information outside of what the company voluntarily discloses plus one annual report is required. That is not opening the books to U.S. regulators.

Click Here

Thanks for proving my point.

Ya stupid f'k, ADRs are how foreign based cross listed companies are listed on the NYSE, and their equivalent are how US (or other not-same-nation-based as the exchange) companies are listed on other international exchanges.

You keep saying that, but do you have any proof? You know, a link to an outside source to back up your claim?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.sec.gov/answers/adrs.htm

ADRs are exchangeable for the stock they represent, and are offered by the Us banks that handle them for currency purposes.

Last edited by 4ager; 02/24/17.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular

ADRs are exchangeable for the stock they represent, and are offered by the Us banks that handle them for currency purposes.

Not arguing what ADR's are, just that they're not the same as a listing on our stock exchanges because they don't follow our regulatory rules, which I have already referenced.

So far, no one has proved me wrong on that point.

Last edited by walt501; 02/24/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While you are busy Googling stuff up, and finding out you're losing (hint) again, try "Global Depository Receipts".

Thanks for playing!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not arguing what ADR's are, just that they're not the same as a listing on our stock exchanges because they don't follow our regulatory rules, which I have already referenced.

So far, no one has proved me that point.

If you can READ, the link provided states that those stocks listed as ADRs are fully subject to SEC regulation. That would mean our regulatory rules, in case your utter stupidity cannot connect the dots. Toyota is specifically mentioned.

https://www.fool.com/amp/investing/...you-need-to-know-before-buying-fore.aspx

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
While you are busy Googling stuff up, and finding out you're losing (hint) again, try "Global Depository Receipts".

Thanks for playing!

I thought we were talking about Toyota ADR's listed on the NYSE and how they don't offer investors the same level of regulatory oversight as actual common stock listed on out exchanges.

So far, no one has refuted what I have said here but by all means, keep trying.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks for playing!

I thought we were talking about Toyota ADR's listed on the NYSE and how they don't offer investors the same level of regulatory oversight as actual common stock listed on out exchanges.

Just stuffed that line of horsechit back up your ass. Enjoy!

https://www.investingdaily.com/19317/adrs-make-global-investing-easy/

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular

Thanks for playing!

Let me translate that for you. You lost the argument.

Next!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks for playing!

Next!

This means you can neither read nor comprehend. Gotcha; you're an idiot.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular

Thanks for playing!

Next!

You keep giving me reference regarding what constitutes an ADR. No argument on what they are....and are not. They are not common shares listed on our exchanges and subjected to our regulations, which I have already shown.

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular

Thanks for playing!

Next!

Devolving into name calling usually means an argument is weak or non-existent and reflects poorly on those who use such tactics.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I've proven that what ADRs are and why they exist, that ADRs are fully exchangeable for stock of the traded companies, that GDRs are how US and other stocks are listed on international exchanges, and that ADR stocks traded on the NYSE are subeject to FINRA and/or SEC regulations, you have no position left. You've been proven wrong, and you just refuse to actually read or comprehend the facts posted.

That doesn't make calling you an idiot "name-calling"; it makes it accurate.

You lose (hint), again.

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
When I've proven that ADRs are fully exchangeable for stock of the traded companies, that GDRs are how US and other stocks are listed on international exchanges, and that ADR stocks traded on the NYSE are subeject to FINRA and/or SEC regulations, you have no position left. You've been proven wrong, and you just refuse to actually read or comprehend the facts posted.

You lose (hint), again.

Let me be perfectly clear here - you have NOT show where ADR's are subject to US regulation. I have specifically shown that they are not subject to US regulation with a link to the Securities and Exchange Commission web site.

Here's the link, once again, showing the lack of regulatory oversight of ADR's.

Click Here

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I've proven that ADRs are fully exchangeable for stock of the traded companies, that GDRs are how US and other stocks are listed on international exchanges, and that ADR stocks traded on the NYSE are subeject to FINRA and/or SEC regulations, you have no position left. You've been proven wrong, and you just refuse to actually read or comprehend the facts posted.

You lose (hint), again.

Let me be perfectly clear here - you have NOT show where ADR's are subject to US regulation. I have specifically shown that they are not subject to US regulation with a link to the Securities and Exchange Commission web site.

Click Here

Paragraph 6, last sentence. You just proved what you claimed false.

Want more?

Here - https://www.sec.gov/divisions/corpfin/internatl/foreign-private-issuers-overview.shtml

Have fun.

You lose (hint), again.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by T LEE
Dodge!

If you can't Dodge it, Ram it! smile

What grade are you in?

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular

You lose (hint), again.

Click Here

Want more?

Here - https://www.sec.gov/divisions/corpfin/internatl/foreign-private-issuers-overview.shtml

Have fun.

You lose (hint), again.

Not quite sure what you're referring to, but the article references raising capital in the US. ADR's don't always raise capital in the US, they're simply a convenient means of owning foreign shares. Please be more specific.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You lose (hint), again.

Click Here

Want more?

Have fun.

You lose (hint), again.

Not quite sure what you're referring to, but the article references raising capital in the US. ADR's don't always raise capital in the US, they're simply a convenient means of owning foreign shares. Please be more specific.

Paragraph 6; last sentence. Reporting requirements. Sponsored, listed, ADRs are subject to reporting requirements (I.e., regulations) to the SEC/FINRA.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T LEE
Dodge!

If you can't Dodge it, Ram it! smile

Is this another fat chick joke?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Walt, you can just go ahead and say "oh, I stand corrected" and admit you were wrong at any point now.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
661 members (1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17Fan, 09wingates, 72 invisible), 2,679 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,608
Posts18,398,386
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.