Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Does it exist? A semi-auto carry pistol that (pay attention, this is important) is concealable by pocket carry in jeans and khakis, and works for both OWB and IWB, with enough horsepower to be "comforting"?

Thinking the Kimber Micro 9 or SIG 938 might be the closest. Any other suggestions?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
BP-B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My S&W 9mm Shield fits the bill for me. It's in my pocket in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster as I write this.

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 02/24/17.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by 4ager
Any other suggestions?

yeah, forget pocket carry, and carry a better gun.

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Yondering
Any other suggestions?

yeah, forget pocket carry, and carry a better gun.

Um, no. Some conditions here call for it.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The pocket carry requirement is the troubling part. Otherwise my Shield 9mm works for me.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I carry a SIG 938 in a pocket holster. It works. I've no experience with the Kimber Micro 9

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't know. Pocket carry makes it tough. When I bought my LCP I had originally intended to get a Kel-Tec PF-9.

Obviously, they're both small. But the PF-9 was noticeably bulkier in my pocket.

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The .380 is not, IMHO, a "one" type gun. A Rule One gun, yes, but no more.

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC
The pocket carry requirement is the troubling part. Otherwise my Shield 9mm works for me.

Yep. The Shield just seems "thick".

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Glock 43. I pocket carry mine in Wranglers alot with the flat-bottom magazine in a Desantis Nemesis. It disappears completely IWB and can be pretty easily concealed OWB. It flat out works and I can shoot it better and reload it much faster than the only other gun that I trust to this role (a J frame 642).

I went through 3 Shields trying to love them before I got the G43. The Shield is just enough bigger than the G43 that I could never make it work in a pocket.

Last edited by jds44; 02/24/17.
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Maybe not, but if your criteria includes pocket carry, what else is there?

Even an LCP is a fairly bulky lump to carry around in your pocket all day.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Closest I can come is the Kahr PM9. There is a high-dollar option slightly smaller, IIRC (Rhorbaugh), but reports mention some reliability problems.

But as for "one gun".....I don't think horsepower is as much an issue as "shootability". I'm not entirely against having a pocket pistol for when it's needed, but I'd hate to have to limit myself to that alone.

You might consider having a tailor modify your pockets, or just wear clothes with bigger pockets.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The F-35 9mm38045.

Seriously, why limit it to a one size fits all? Two would cover it okay without too much compromise. You might want to get similar trigger pulls, i.e. not one single action and one DAO. An LCP II and a Glock 19 would cover all ground and are both striker fired, or substitute any two small/medium combos.

Most medium sized pistols work for IWB or OWB carry but carrying anything bigger than an LCP in a jeans pocket just doesn't work very well unless you cover that huge printing bulge with a shirttail or long jacket. Or wear jeans 2-3 sizes too big.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
The F-35 9mm38045.

Seriously, why limit it to a one size fits all? Two would cover it okay without too much compromise. You might want to get similar trigger pulls, i.e. not one single action and one DAO. An LCP II and a Glock 19 would cover all ground and are both striker fired, or substitute any two small/medium combos.

Most medium sized pistols work for IWB or OWB carry but carrying anything bigger than an LCP in a jeans pocket just doesn't work very well unless you cover that huge printing bulge with a shirttail or long jacket. Or wear jeans 2-3 sizes too big.

LMAO!

Wranglers.

I have larger covered. Just wondering if there is a viable option to add to the stable that covers all bases plenty well enough.

wink

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
kahr cwp

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I like my Glock 43. Also, I have a Shield in .40, but it is just a little bigger. I have an IWB holster from El Paso Saddlery holster for my 43 and use it for pocket carry also.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
with enough horsepower to be "comforting"?

\
Springfield XDS .45

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Maybe not, but if your criteria includes pocket carry, what else is there?

Even an LCP is a fairly bulky lump to carry around in your pocket all day.
Agreed. The only gun I'd consider an all day, everyday, front pants pocket gun would be one of the North American Arms Mini Revolvers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SIG 938 or a J frame in .38+P although I like my 431PD .32 H&R, it has some juice even out of the bitty BBL.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
149 members (10gaugemag, 338reddog, 1911a1, 6MMWASP, 2ndwind, 264mag, 23 invisible), 1,494 guests, and 654 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,240
Posts18,371,416
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.