J
That is hard to do with one gun. Kahr cw380/g43/ titaniumJframe

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Does it exist?

I don't believe it does. I routinely carry less weapon than I'd chose because I rely mostly on pocket carry. I don't do IWB of any sort. My 1911, when carried, is OWB only.

I chose the S&W bodyguard for pocket carry. If chosing today I'd look hard at the LCP2. Most of my friends and relatives own and carry an LCP. I went with the bodyguard because it was a tad bigger with better sights. I routinely shoot others' LCPs better than I do my own S&W. I was leary of striker fire and the lack of restrike capability. I'm over it.

The LCP2 looks to be a bit larger and easier to handle than the original. Reputedly has better sights and a better trigger. I wanna try one.

One possibility... There are pants made for concealed carry. Made with pockets that can be contoured for larger pistols. net search shows some potential.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The khakis I wear are very good for CCW (Mountain Khakis).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
glock 43

i carry mine in my pocket on my ankle, iwb, owb, mexican, and coat pocket.

khakis, cargos, jeans, and sweats.

and it works every time i pull the trigger

FJB
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Gee 4ager, I thought you knew everything already.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
S&W Shield in .45

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another vote for the Glock 43. Back in the day, a steel J frame weighed more, and I’ve carried them a bunch. The G43 is on the large size for pocket application but fits OK in Levi’s jeans with an untucked Polo. I had a Sig P938, which was a tiny bit smaller dimensionally, but within about an ounce difference in terms of weight. The G43 will take a lot more abuse, and I have used it in IDPA matches in BUG division. It shoots like a full size although split times, obviously, aren’t as good. The G43 and a couple of mags is what I take when I have to fly to a big “gun unfriendly” city and can only take one. I take a pocket holster and an IWB holster.

Can’t speak the mini-Kahrs. No experience with them.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
If I really need to get skinny I can put my G23 nekkid on my right hip with no holster under a snug belt. With a T undershirt to keep it off my skin and a square tailed short sleeve shirt it covers sufficiently for me. There are still times when I carry something smaller than the Glock but not many. Not a fan of pocket carry, but that's just me and Mae West.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would not be carrying a glock without a holster especially if you have one in the chamber.

After having a catastrophic failure a week ago with my G-23 breaking the slide lock spring and the slide falling off the gun, my belief of having a back up gun is important.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I would never recommend anyone carry a Glock hot without a holster. For my own purposes it works. But if no round is chambered it doesn't matter where you put it or what it's in from a safety standpoint.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
By my standards the categories do not overlap.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Kahr PM 9 Crimson Trace High Noon pocket holster.... Perfection for me.

Please don't feed the trolls!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If .380 is off the table, then Kahr CM9.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Carried a Kimber Solo for a while. Beware pocket lint.

LOL
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by 4ager
Does it exist? A semi-auto carry pistol that (pay attention, this is important) is concealable by pocket carry in jeans and khakis, and works for both OWB and IWB, with enough horsepower to be "comforting"?

Thinking the Kimber Micro 9 or SIG 938 might be the closest. Any other suggestions?

I believe that "comforting" starts at 9mm, so I'm not aware of a pistol that meets these requirements unless your jeans are mighty loose in the leg. If that's the case, then I'd go with a G43 as a bare minimum, and a G26 for the bigger magazine if I could get away with it.

Also, anything small enough to work in a pocket will work for OWB or IWB carry. But those methods are generally best for bigger guns.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Gee 4ager, I thought you knew everything already.

+1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've got two that fit that criteria and use daily. My Glock 43 9mm and my Springfield XDS in 45acp. I can shoot both of them well and they are both Uber reliable

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
the closest to a one gun solution is the G43, but like many I don't carry glocks in my pocket without a holster and then its too big for my pocket anyway. A guy I know who wears dress shirts has some holster that tucks into the front of his pants, the gun hangs below the belt and all you see is a metal clip, don't know the model.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glock 43. +2 mag extension when IWB / OWB and a +1 mag extension or flat factory mag in a desantis nemisis for pocket. The longer I have my G43 the more I continue to like it and carry it. I am very very pleased with how well it shoots too.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Another vote for the Rohrbaugh R9. Nothing else that small in a 9mm. I find the G43 and S&W Shield just a little too big for comfortable pocket carry in many pockets. Of course, no reason to stick to the Rohrbaugh once you move to another form of carry but it still works if you only have one pistol.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
650 members (1234, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.