Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If true, I'm sure this will be handled internally.

Oklahoma Quarterback Baker Mayfield Arrested For Public Intoxication, Disorderly Conduct And Resisting Arrest

Deadspin.com
Emma Baccellieri
Today 11:15am

[Linked Image]

Oklahoma Sooners quarterback Baker Mayfield is in an Arkansas jail after Fayetteville police accused him of public intoxication, disorderly conduct, fleeing, and resisting arrest.

The Oklahoma athletic department did not immediately respond to a request for comment; Fayetteville cops say a full report for the incident will not be made available until Monday morning, but Mayfield’s basic arrest information is on the sheriff office’s website here.

Mayfield is an early favorite for next year’s Heisman Trophy after passing for nearly 4,000 yards last season.

Update, 11:30 a.m.: The Oklahoma athletic department has responded with a brief statement—“We are aware of the matter and are learning the details. We don’t have any other information at this time.”

Update, 12:15 p.m.: Oklahoma City radio reporter Dylan Buckingham has obtained an excerpt of the police report:

“I asked Mayfield to stop and talk to me. Mayfield stated he was trying to break up an altercation that had occurred prior to my arrival. I asked Mayficld to stay so I could take his statement for my report. While talking to the other party involved. Mayfield was yelling profanities and was causing a scene. Mayfield was intoxicated. When he first came over to me. he had difficulty walking down a couple stairs. Mayfield‘s speech was slurred and he had the odor of intoxicants coming from his person. The front of Mayfield’s clothing was covered in food. I told Mayfield to come over to me. When l gave that command. Mayfield began to walk away from me. I repeatedly told him to stop. Mayfield then began to sprint away. I chased alter him. Mayfield was tackled to the ground. While on the ground. I gave repeated orders for him to place his arms behind his back. May field kept his arms locked tight and would not allow me to place his arms behind his back. I eventually forced Mayfield’s ann behind his back. I then placed him in handcuffs.”

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Boomer!

Did he clock a chick?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
would have thought of all people he was way above this….His good family must be crushed.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saw that earlier. Probably dims his Heisman hopes a bit, and it may cost him some, in terms of where he is taken in the draft--but he'll still go somewhere in the first round.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They don't like OU in Arky.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
If Fayetteville PD stops you you are getting a ticket. Big Shot or not.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Oklahoma State had a great player a few years ago that ended his short NFL career due to the alcohol demons. Had two alcohol related events while in college . . .remember Justin Blackmon of the Jacksonville Jaguars?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just another sports thug P O S no new news here

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
DAMN those azz-kickings the Sooners regularly put on the Pokes have made you bitter brother.

I sort of picture you in a boxy sedan with a set of binoculars watching the comings and goings of Sooner players outside the stadium.

Having said that.....it's a bad look for a guy entering his senior year with a NC as a possibility. He's the last guy on that team I expected to read this about.

Then again I did plenty of stupid chit in college as well. Playing on an intramural, co-ed softball team at the University of Idaho doesn't attract the same sort of attention apparently.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Mayfield is a gifted athlete and is the leader of the sooner squad. Saying that, he's an obnoxious, mouthy punk and this episode won't do anything for his standing as a heisman candidate.
One has to wonder how the university president, AD and coach will work to keep this under cover like they did with others.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Bring back Barry Schwitzer so there is some discipline in them boys. Yeah right!

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
College kid drinks to much and it's national news.
Something amiss when society is interested in such trivia.

Or is it folks just wanna trash some one successful for any reason possible?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No way he's gonna beat this one. A cop caught him from behind? Had to be sh*t-faced.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A buddy of Manzel?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Just another spoiled/rotten brat that's attempting to be another 'Johnny Football'....and we know where that's led!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
College aged kid drunk and disorderly.

Not big news to me. If he throws away his career to partying like Johnny M so be it. Happens all the time on the normal world as well.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Just another spoiled/rotten brat that's attempting to be another 'Johnny Football'....and we know where that's led!!

I think you are closer than many think with your assessment. There's a reason Kingsbury ran his azz off from Texas Tech.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

I think you are closer than many think with your assessment. There's a reason Kingsbury ran his azz off from Texas Tech.
How many national titles has Tech had compared to OU? College kids party. BFD.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 700LH
College kid drinks to much and it's national news.
Something amiss when society is interested in such trivia.

Or is it folks just wanna trash some one successful for any reason possible?

Higher standards... something not many even think about these days....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 57 invisible), 2,737 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,912
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.