BP-B2

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
you will be around $10 on Barnes and Noble

Not what I found, but as mentioned it may be worth extra $$.

I thoroughly enjoyed More Readings From One Man's Wilderness, and now First Wilderness is on tap. I'm sure I will like it, but is a much shorter read.

I'll check out North to Wolf Country, looks like I may need it soon.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I really enjoy Lynn Schooler and his writing style. He wrote "Walking Home" "Blue Bear" and the "Last Shot". Great books.

Two in the far North by Margaret Murrie is really enjoyable. She was married to Olaus Murrie and accompanied him throughout his life's studies of the Alaska wilderness in the middle of the last century. She was one tough cookie.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
go here,
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/north-to-wolf-country-james-w-brooks/1100003052?ean=9780972494441

but look about an inch below the price of $16.94, it has a place to click for "New and Used from $6.35", the cheapest with shipping should be your huckleberry

It is a great book, one of my "multiple re-reads" on the Alaska shelf

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by kid0917
go here,
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/north-to-wolf-country-james-w-brooks/1100003052?ean=9780972494441

but look about an inch below the price of $16.94, it has a place to click for "New and Used from $6.35", the cheapest with shipping should be your huckleberry

It is a great book, one of my "multiple re-reads" on the Alaska shelf

You nailed it

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Does anybody use Kindle?

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Does anybody use Kindle?

Not interested in using one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sse
Does anybody use Kindle?

Dropped mine the second they came out with the queers on the beach TV commercial; made them take it back and a full refund on the stupid device and all books we ever purchased on it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sse
Does anybody use Kindle?

Dropped mine the second they came out with the queers on the beach TV commercial; made them take it back and a full refund on the stupid device and all books we ever purchased on it.

That will teach those queers!

wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, you better not let Matt drown up there hunting a brownie! Get the sea lion nest cleaned out of the ER and head for Uyak.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey, you better not let Matt drown up there hunting a brownie! Get the sea lion nest cleaned out of the ER and head for Uyak.

But his tag is for Uganik???

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Does anybody use Kindle?

I have one and use it a bit. For histories and similar that have photos and especially maps, I prefer paper as it's easier to flip back and forth for reference.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I spend enough time staring at a screen all day that if I'm going to read a book, I'll read a book.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I understand flipping back and forth, but I just have many many books and I'm out of storage room. I probably need to sell them on Amazon. Might buy a couple more rifles.

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I'll read it, but the book by/about Sam Keith is not what I was looking for, kind of like an autobiography, maybe it will get better.

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I'll check out North to Wolf Country, looks like I may need it soon.

This is an amazing story...wow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jeffbird
Happens all of the time here in Texas with feral pigs. The only consolation is that other animals make quick work of any carcass left behind, and they actually need the meal more than the people pulling the trigger and leaving the meat behind. The worst is hearing "hunters" talk about intentionally gut shooting pigs. That type of thinking is for sociopaths, not hunters. They make me sick.

While I agree that intentionally wounding an animal with the express purpose to cause pain and suffering is a detestable practice, the fact is that feral hogs in Texas have reached epidemic proportions - their population has exceeded 2.6 million in Texas alone. As I'm sure you're aware, they are environmental and agricultural pests and cause in excess of $59,000,000.00 in damages each year in Texas. Additionally, they carry disease such as swine brucellosis and pseudorabies, which can be easily transmitted to domestic pigs and they pose a threat to the pork industry. I have personally seen the damage they cause - rendering fields into cratered wastelands, digging up the roots of old growth oaks, wreaking havoc on crops and killing smaller animals. Simply put, they are the most destructive invasive species in the U.S. This is precisely the reason that Texas allows hunters to kill hogs year-round, without a license and without limits. Hogs can even be eradicated via helicopter in Texas. All of the hogs I have seen and/or killed have been nasty, malodorous, viscous, destructive and dangerous beasts and my efforts to reduce the population on a West Texas piece of property have been futile, as they multiply like rabbits. Feral Hogs in Texas are a huge problem and approximately 38 other states. About 2 months ago, I was driving to the ranch at night and a gigantic hog ran across the county road, right in front of my vehicle. It was the largest hog I've seen in a long time - easily in excess of 400 lbs. Luckily, I didn't run into it as the damage it would have done to my vehicle would have been extensive.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/02/17.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I figured most of us here, have seen the damage they do.

Still doesn't mean I"ll intentionally wound something.. I may wound it trying to kill it cleanly but I will never do it on purpose. Thats ridiculous.

Just about everyone thats rural in TX has seen their damage. No problem killing every one I see, just not gut shooting on purpose. Thats the realm of something blackheart here would do.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
rost495: Agreed.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I did read his book Wind on the Water.

This one is on the way, hope it's good.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
699 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 73 invisible), 2,723 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.