Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Although I take what I see on the TV show "Moonshiners" with a grain of salt, I really liked seeing this week's episode. Moonshiner Mark Rogers was bear hunting with his trusty Marlin 336 in 35 Remington. Killed a bear too, although not a very big one. His rifle looks pretty well used, and he's evidently killed a lot of stuff with it. I realize that most of that show, and others like it, are very well scripted, but it was nice to see Mark comment on his rifle, and how good a killer the 35 is.

BP-B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Even mentioned he like them 200 grain bullets.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah, I also take anything I see on Moonshiners with a grain of salt but I really enjoyed Marks campout/bear hunt with his very well used .35 Rem....I wonder if thats the only centerfire rifle he owns?.......He also said he used to spend the whole Winter back in the mountains until his wife got tired of him being gone so long, but I found that a little hard to believe..lol......Hb

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Yeah, I also take anything I see on Moonshiners with a grain of salt but I really enjoyed Marks campout/bear hunt with his very well used .35 Rem....I wonder if thats the only centerfire rifle he owns?.......He also said he used to spend the whole Winter back in the mountains until his wife got tired of him being gone so long, but I found that a little hard to believe..lol......Hb

laugh

Hard to believe he spent the winters in the mtns or that his wife got tired of him being gone...?

DF

JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 19rabbit52
Even mentioned he like them 200 grain bullets.

So do I.

IC B2

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

laugh

Hard to believe he spent the winters in the mtns or that his wife got tired of him being gone...?

DF
Ha! Nothing to do with his Wife, I just find it hard to believe that he would spend whole Winters back in the North Carolina Appalachians living off the land, that is a very unforgiving environment and would be exceedingly hard to live for an extended time.......Hb

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Speaking of "the only rifle he owns," Dad made it almost to 90. His only center fire rifle was an early 336 .30-30 wearing only factory sights. Dad was far sighted. He needed readers up close, but preferred irons and was as good with them as anyone I ever watched shoot. I will retract the only center fire statement. In the seventies, I bought him a 700 .22-250 topped with a 6X. He kept it for a few weeks and gave it to my nephew.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
35 remington ain't even as good as a crossbow

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
35 remington ain't even as good as a crossbow

???

Lucy, you got some 'splainin to do!

bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Marlin might work with a stretchy sling, like this. smile

Bruce

Attached Images
M16-bow.jpg (37.75 KB, 40 downloads)
Last edited by bcp; 07/01/17.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

laugh

DF
Ha! Nothing to do with his Wife, I just find it hard to believe that he would spend whole Winters back in the North Carolina Appalachians living off the land, that is a very unforgiving environment and would be exceedingly hard to live for an extended time.......Hb

Amen to that. Being from PA the NC mountains shocked me with how much less water and less wildlife there is.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
605 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 2,811 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,130
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.